IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chavez Jr. vs Golovkin OFF..., ...wait...was it ever, on?
Cshel86
post May 8 2014, 11:45 AM
Post #71

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

Crossing my fingers and hoping that we can at least get Chavez/Froch out of this, if he beats Groves, and the Ward/Chavez fight happens to fall through. Honestly, I'm glad this GGG fight isn't happening.

If anything, GGG just got in the way of some good fights happening, and he cant decide if he's a MW or a Super MW...so yeah, get outta the way GGG.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hotsauce
post May 8 2014, 11:50 AM
Post #72

Junior Welterweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,903

welp

+Quote Post
KOpower
post May 8 2014, 07:17 PM
Post #73

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

Good fights can be made for both guys. Jr can fight Froch, Kessler, Ward, Groves, or Bute for a bigger fight. GGG can fight the consistent middleweight types like Gaele, Murray, or Lee. He could also make a really fun fight with Kirkland. I could also see GGG putting himself into position to fight the Martinez-Cotto winner. I ultimately see GGG possibly fighting Canelo in 12-24 months in a major PPV fight.

There are options for both guys.

+Quote Post
mgrover
post May 8 2014, 07:34 PM
Post #74

Super Middleweight

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,366

lawll Chavez loses to Groves, Froch, Kessler, Ward.

I mean for Kessler and Froch they'd just tee off, he's slowly enough for them to.

Groves would have to be smarter about it but he'd fuck Chavez up.

Ward would be smart about it anyway, but it could be a classic, although it wont be

+Quote Post
aTYpicalTYrant
post May 9 2014, 04:58 PM
Post #75

Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,480

Chavez side finally responds. I knew they were having issues seeing eye to eye monetarily..... But these strong arm tactics allegedly used by Top Rank are dead wrong

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing/chave...diacontentstory

+Quote Post
AZWildCat
post May 9 2014, 09:20 PM
Post #76

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,789

QUOTE (aTYpicalTYrant @ May 9 2014, 02:58 PM) *
Chavez side finally responds. I knew they were having issues seeing eye to eye monetarily..... But these strong arm tactics allegedly used by Top Rank are dead wrong

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing/chave...diacontentstory

Top stank strikes again

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post May 10 2014, 10:03 AM
Post #77

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

bob arum is such a piece of shit forcing people to make contract extensions or not giving them the fight they want. but thats boxing for you. i would have taken the deal for julio for 7 million, and the 1 fight extension, 5 if he loses, 10 if he win s. thats a pretty good fuckin deal for julio at this point. he copuld have fought ward afterwards. after that just leave top rank. if they try to not give you the ward fight, then just fight a mathew maclin type guy and move on. this manager is stupid in my opinion, you dont ever let bob arum know your leaving. just take the 2million guarantee with no extension and move on, it comes down to what do you want:

do you want to leave bob?

or do you want to make the most money?

take the pick that is most important to you and cut your losses and move the fuck on. not to mention where is there for julio to even go? Golden boy has 175ers that would eat julio alive, and then they have 3 middleweights who are sub par. all the 168 big name guys are at hbo/top rank. i dont see what the big deal is, yeah bobs a piece of shit, but theres just no dance partners on the other siude of the street.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 10 2014, 12:34 PM
Post #78

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (klonopinz @ May 10 2014, 10:03 AM) *
bob arum is such a piece of shit forcing people to make contract extensions or not giving them the fight they want. but thats boxing for you. i would have taken the deal for julio for 7 million, and the 1 fight extension, 5 if he loses, 10 if he win s. thats a pretty good fuckin deal for julio at this point. he copuld have fought ward afterwards. after that just leave top rank. if they try to not give you the ward fight, then just fight a mathew maclin type guy and move on. this manager is stupid in my opinion, you dont ever let bob arum know your leaving. just take the 2million guarantee with no extension and move on, it comes down to what do you want:

take the pick that is most important to you and cut your losses and move the fuck on. not to mention where is there for julio to even go? Golden boy has 175ers that would eat julio alive, and then they have 3 middleweights who are sub par. all the 168 big name guys are at hbo/top rank. i dont see what the big deal is, yeah bobs a piece of shit, but theres just no dance partners on the other siude of the street.

That's not true. Chavez JR is a draw. Anyone who fights him knows there getting a pay day. And whose with TR and HBO for him to fight? From 160-175 there are names not associated with either company that he could fight. Froch isn't an HBO fighter nor is Groves etc. Nor are they TR fighters, he could leave and make those deals anywhere

The point is hour wants to be treated fair. I can respect that and I respect him for what he's doing. Somebody has to stand up and put an end to any bit of negativity we have in this sport and he and Mikey are doing just that

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 10 2014, 05:22 PM
Post #79

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (klonopinz @ May 10 2014, 07:03 AM) *

In some of his other fighters, Bob would strong arm them by threatening them with deportation if they didn't sign an extension with him. Fuck up but funny at the same time,

+Quote Post
KOpower
post May 10 2014, 08:45 PM
Post #80

Lightweight

Member No.: 4,081

I don't know what the issue with Mikey Garcia is. JR is absolutely in the right. I see no reason for him to sign an extension and Arum is obviously forcing him to sign one if he wants the major PPV fight with GGG. It is a shame that Top Rank is doing that, but good for JR to stand up and say no. Top Rank has done a good job marketing JR, but I think he is at a spot now where he can be a free-agent the way Cotto is.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 07:27 PM