IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

44 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PPV@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT)-Mayweather Vs. Maidana-SPOILERS, ABSOLUTELY NO NEW SPOILER THREADS OR PUBLIC STREAMS ALLOWED!!
Jack 1000
post May 3 2014, 02:35 PM
Post #1

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

Follow all the action and post-fight reactions to the Mayweather-Maidana fight here. All comments about the fight MUST be in this thread. NO NEW THREADS ABOUT THE FIGHT ARE TO BE CREATED. ANYONE WHO MAKES A NEW THREAD FOR THE FIGHT WILL FACE CONSEQUENCES SUCH AS BEING CONSIDERED A TROLL OR HAVING THEIR ACCOUNT SUSPENDED. THIS POLICY APPLIES EVEN IF MAIDANA SHOCKS THE WORLD AND WINS. EVERYTHING GOES INSIDE THIS THREAD!

ADDITIONALLY, NO PUBLIC STREAMS ARE PERMITTED ON THE FORUMS! YOU MAY ONLY SUBMIT STREAMS VIA EMAIL OR PM!

Jack

Administrator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post May 3 2014, 03:19 PM
Post #2

Lightweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,355

Should I stay awake until 5am (it's 10pm here in the Czech Republic) or set an alarm, go to sleep now and watch it? Sometimes, living outside the US sucks !!

Maidana will not shock the world, but he will have his moments I think. Floyd by UD..112-116 or something like that.

+Quote Post
DigitalBoom
post May 3 2014, 04:06 PM
Post #3

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,960

Over 10-1 odds and this whole thing about the gloves...I'll bite the bait..Maidana for the win. Five days ago I would've gone with Floyd but the last few days seeing the odds, remembering that funny scorecard in the canelo fight. I don't have a good feeling about this fight, mostly due to the now what 18-1 odds. I'll go against the grain on this one, you never know.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 3 2014, 04:48 PM
Post #4

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

I can't believe some fans are defending Maidana's gloves. I have a weird feeling about this fight. I like May but shit is just weird.

+Quote Post
jtiizzle
post May 3 2014, 05:44 PM
Post #5

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,897

mayweather TKO 10

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post May 3 2014, 05:55 PM
Post #6

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (Dolimite @ May 3 2014, 04:48 PM) *
I can't believe some fans are defending Maidana's gloves. I have a weird feeling about this fight. I like May but shit is just weird.

That feeling is there for me as well. I think that Golden Boy may be looking for some new blood, something dramatic, something to get people really excited about boxing. And who is more exciting to these young people than Marcos Maidana? Think about the perspectives if Mayweather wins, as expected, there are other opponents out there, but not without going through politics and bullshit to even get there. Or even within the stable. The winner of Khan-Molina? Yuck The only thing might be the winner between Thurman and Porter. Neither has that experiance to deal with Floyd. Besides, waiting a year between Floyd's opponents presents a challenge. Floyd is running out of big money makers to fight. Note that a superfight with Manny will never happen because of Arum.

Maidana will bitz, and I just don't know if Floyd's heart is into boxing as it once was. When you do your best for so many years and have achieved that status as one of the great fighters of your era, there comes a point in time where the intensity is no longer there. I would feel better about Maidana's chances if his brawls were not such a life and death struggle. Even if Marcos were to win, he still does not have the chin, the defense, or the natural boxing ability to be in this for the long haul. I'll stick to my convincing UD win for Floyd around 116-112. Maidana will charge like Castillo in the first fight and could present problems for Floyd early. He doesn't have the chin or defense of Castillo. Is there more to Marcos Maidana than a "Crude hard-punching brawler with balls?" After about the third round, Maidana's blitz opportunity is over.

Jack

+Quote Post
DigitalBoom
post May 3 2014, 06:24 PM
Post #7

Junior Flyweight

Member No.: 13,960

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 3 2014, 05:55 PM) *
That feeling is there for me as well. I think that Golden Boy may be looking for some new blood, something dramatic, something to get people really excited about boxing. And who is more exciting to these young people than Marcos Maidana? Think about the perspectives if Mayweather wins, as expected, there are other opponents out there, but not without going through politics and bullshit to even get there. Or even within the stable. The winner of Khan-Molina? Yuck The only thing might be the winner between Thurman and Porter. Neither has that experiance to deal with Floyd. Besides, waiting a year between Floyd's opponents presents a challenge. Floyd is running out of big money makers to fight. Note that a superfight with Manny will never happen because of Arum.

Maidana will bitz, and I just don't know if Floyd's heart is into boxing as it once was. When you do your best for so many years and have achieved that status as one of the great fighters of your era, there comes a point in time where the intensity is no longer there. I would feel better about Maidana's chances if his brawls were not such a life and death struggle. Even if Marcos were to win, he still does not have the chin, the defense, or the natural boxing ability to be in this for the long haul. I'll stick to my convincing UD win for Floyd around 116-112. Maidana will charge like Castillo in the first fight and could present problems for Floyd early. He doesn't have the chin or defense of Castillo. Is there more to Marcos Maidana than a "Crude hard-punching brawler with balls?" After about the third round, Maidana's blitz opportunity is over.

Jack

Interesting way of putting it, I personally see the 18-1 as the most troubling part of this. I mean Floyd has been really good to vegas but 18-1 odds...the house would make serious serious serious money if he were to lose today. That sort of climate isn't codusive to instilling confidence on this going to the cards if he doesn't get dropped in the fight. I just don't know man, 18-1 odds is something beyond obscene. You could be right and it wouldn't take some crazy scorecard crap if his head is in it and from that last all access he seemed to be less in focus of what's ahead than I have ever seen from him. Not saying the ms jackson thing is what has him distracted, he's just never talked so much about the future with a fight coming up, it's unlike him to do so.

+Quote Post
TheCritics
post May 3 2014, 06:30 PM
Post #8

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,114

so if Floyd puts 100 Million on Maidana to win and loses, what's his rake? 1.8 Billion?

+Quote Post
Gambit808
post May 3 2014, 06:51 PM
Post #9

Junior Welterweight

Member No.: 13,329

Sup y'all, it's been brought to my attention in another post about some confusion going on with how the prediction league has been handled as of late, ever since I took a shot in the dark and allowed predictions to count for basically any fight an individual was knowledgable about a couple weeks back, weather it be Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays. The original idea was to only count Saturday Night Fights/Sig Bets/PPV that would be showcased on either Showtime/HBO, there by making it fair to those who aren't as knowledgable of certain fighters or because it ain't so easy for those to tune in BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. So, so that we don't add to anymore confusion, I think the original idea to count only Saturday night televised events are the way to go.

If the original idea isn't enough to keep things fair enough for everyone else to compete, then by all means, next year you can set your own rules. Predictions list will be up in a minute FHC, thank you again for participating.

+Quote Post
TheCritics
post May 3 2014, 06:58 PM
Post #10

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 14,114

22-1-0 on saturday picks, no FNFs/debuts/weekdays over here

+Quote Post

44 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st August 2014 - 07:50 PM