IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Floyd Sr.'s Between Round Advise/Instruction very WEAK, Is Floyd Jr Really his Own Trainer & Cornerman himself?
kevinwhite
post May 4 2014, 09:52 PM
Post #1

Amateur

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,182

Floyd Sr.'s Between Round Advice/Instruction very WEAK!!!

Floyd Jr. seems to be on his own when it comes to in-fight adjustments. As far as training goes, it looks like Floyd Jr. is his own trainer from what we see on All Access, FightHype.com, etc.

Floyd Sr. & Roger do not look like or sound like trainer & cornermen in control. (Roach, Garcia)

Seems like Floyd is following his own instinct and 19yr boxing wisdom to train himself & think himself thru the in-fight adjustments/tactical strategies.

Floyd Sr. & Roger seem like old chanting cheerleaders, who serve more like moral support.

Floyd Sr. & Roger don't seem like trainers in control of a fighter,... more like the fighter is the one in control and does what he feels needs to be done.

Anyone else see this? It seems like a weakness at this point of Floyds career when he could use help making the adjustment to training as a fighter closing in on 39yrs old as he tries to complete this showtime fight deal.

This post has been edited by kevinwhite: May 4 2014, 09:54 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post May 4 2014, 11:10 PM
Post #2

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

QUOTE (kevinwhite @ May 4 2014, 10:52 PM) *
Floyd Sr.'s Between Round Advice/Instruction very WEAK!!!

Floyd Jr. seems to be on his own when it comes to in-fight adjustments. As far as training goes, it looks like Floyd Jr. is his own trainer from what we see on All Access, FightHype.com, etc.

Floyd Sr. & Roger do not look like or sound like trainer & cornermen in control. (Roach, Garcia)

Seems like Floyd is following his own instinct and 19yr boxing wisdom to train himself & think himself thru the in-fight adjustments/tactical strategies.

Floyd Sr. & Roger seem like old chanting cheerleaders, who serve more like moral support.

Floyd Sr. & Roger don't seem like trainers in control of a fighter,... more like the fighter is the one in control and does what he feels needs to be done.

Anyone else see this? It seems like a weakness at this point of Floyds career when he could use help making the adjustment to training as a fighter closing in on 39yrs old as he tries to complete this showtime fight deal.

they might have discussed a thourough game plan in training camp and floyd may have been folloing it to a tee, therefore no need for seriuous corner aadvice. not to mention by now floyd knows wtf he gotta do, hes alredy doing everything floyd sr ould need to tell him to do, its like an a-student, hes already answered all the questions correct on the test the first time around, so there is no need to correct him on anything. if floyd was getting worked over, then it would probably be different. all i remember was sr telling him to dig hard to the body, which he did with right hooks and right uppercuts to maidanas kidneys and stomach. my 2 cents

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post May 5 2014, 12:44 AM
Post #3

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

Nothing wrong about knowing what and how to train at this stage of his career. I don't think this is an issue. Look at B-Hop...do you think Naz actually trains him? He even admits B-Hop trains himself from the most part, and that he is there just to control him.

So...no.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 5 2014, 01:33 AM
Post #4

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

Get outta here with this bs, he guided Floyd to 2 of his best performances in recent memory in 2013 and now because he's in one tough fight Roger and Sr advice is weak. Man please...and Jeff Mayweather is a better trainer then Roach who you mentioned.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 5 2014, 06:47 AM
Post #5

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

Floyd admitted that his dad gave him a great game plan but he didn't follow it.

+Quote Post
Franchize
post May 5 2014, 07:55 AM
Post #6

Junior Middleweight

Member No.: 13,419

When Sr told Floyd to go to the body more, he did so and it made all the difference in the fight. Floyd was tearing Maidana's mid section up after the 6th round. Against Cotto, I thought it was a combination of Floyd wanting to mix it up and Miguel forcing him to. With Maidana, it just seemed like Floyd wanting to mix it up. Maidana couldn't do anything to close the distance. It seemed as if Floyd Sr and Jr came into the fight with the mindset that they were gonna trade with this dude because he was too slow to land anything flush. Maidana made it a rough and tumble fight, but very few punches landed flush on Floyd's face. I don't see how it was necessarily bad instruction. Maybe a bad idea to decide to do that in the first place. But as far as in fight adjustments, I thought Sr did a good job.

Also, please don't mention Roach and Garcia ever again lol Roach hasn't produced one fight who knows how to cut off a ring or that doesn't back str8 out with his hands down yet. Garcia's fighters, outside of Mikey Garcia, are all the same. Mini Margaritos lol If you are still looking to your trainer to figure guys out this late in your career, you are ripe for a KO loss.

This post has been edited by Franchize: May 5 2014, 07:56 AM

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 5 2014, 09:28 AM
Post #7

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (Franchize @ May 5 2014, 04:55 AM) *
When Sr told Floyd to go to the body more, he did so and it made all the difference in the fight. Floyd was tearing Maidana's mid section up after the 6th round. Against Cotto, I thought it was a combination of Floyd wanting to mix it up and Miguel forcing him to. With Maidana, it just seemed like Floyd wanting to mix it up. Maidana couldn't do anything to close the distance. It seemed as if Floyd Sr and Jr came into the fight with the mindset that they were gonna trade with this dude because he was too slow to land anything flush. Maidana made it a rough and tumble fight, but very few punches landed flush on Floyd's face. I don't see how it was necessarily bad instruction. Maybe a bad idea to decide to do that in the first place. But as far as in fight adjustments, I thought Sr did a good job.

Also, please don't mention Roach and Garcia ever again lol Roach hasn't produced one fight who knows how to cut off a ring or that doesn't back str8 out with his hands down yet. Garcia's fighters, outside of Mikey Garcia, are all the same. Mini Margaritos lol If you are still looking to your trainer to figure guys out this late in your career, you are ripe for a KO loss.

Agreed. When Floyd sta tearing the mid section and ribs Maidana slowed down. He never hurt Floyd. It was a good fight. Everyone won.

+Quote Post
MAHDI
post May 5 2014, 10:28 AM
Post #8

Super Bantamweight

Member No.: 13,939

QUOTE (klonopinz @ May 5 2014, 12:10 AM) *
they might have discussed a thourough game plan in training camp and floyd may have been folloing it to a tee, therefore no need for seriuous corner aadvice. not to mention by now floyd knows wtf he gotta do, hes alredy doing everything floyd sr ould need to tell him to do, its like an a-student, hes already answered all the questions correct on the test the first time around, so there is no need to correct him on anything. if floyd was getting worked over, then it would probably be different. all i remember was sr telling him to dig hard to the body, which he did with right hooks and right uppercuts to maidanas kidneys and stomach. my 2 cents

Floyd Sr may be said to have given weak instructions and that PERCEPTION MAY be prevalent in some heads because there was never a sense of urgency in this bout. Floyd was in control

This post has been edited by MAHDI: May 5 2014, 10:29 AM

+Quote Post
mitukczuk
post May 5 2014, 01:13 PM
Post #9

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,355

I remember Sr told Floyd to sit down on his punches and that's exactly what Money did and it made the difference as he started to put his punches together. I think we underestimate the father-son relationship and the fact that no matter the family feuds or whatnot, Sr taught Floyd how to box. He knows him better than anyone else inside the ring. I am sure he doesn't even have to say shit for Floyd to understand what he needs to do. Same with Roger..I can't remember what fight it was but he didn't say ANYTHING during the whole minute and Floyd just went in and did what he had to do. Mayweathers are a smart boxing bunch. They know their shit.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 5 2014, 01:50 PM
Post #10

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

QUOTE (mitukczuk @ May 5 2014, 01:13 PM) *
I remember Sr told Floyd to sit down on his punches and that's exactly what Money did and it made the difference as he started to put his punches together. I think we underestimate the father-son relationship and the fact that no matter the family feuds or whatnot, Sr taught Floyd how to box. He knows him better than anyone else inside the ring. I am sure he doesn't even have to say shit for Floyd to understand what he needs to do. Same with Roger..I can't remember what fight it was but he didn't say ANYTHING during the whole minute and Floyd just went in and did what he had to do. Mayweathers are a smart boxing bunch. They know their shit.

Great post. I agree 100% with what you said

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 01:09 PM