IPB  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Marquez vs. Alvarado: Preview and Poll, Who Will Win? Vote and Comment!
Marquez-Alverado-Preview and Poll!
Who Wins Marquez vs. Alverado?
Alverado by Dec (Close) [ 3 ] ** [37.50%]
Alverado by Dec (Wide) [ 1 ] ** [12.50%]
Alerado by KO/TKO [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Marquez by Dec (Close) [ 3 ] ** [37.50%]
Marquez by Dec (Wide) [ 1 ] ** [12.50%]
Marquez by KO/TKO [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Draw [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
DQ (Indicate Loser in Response) [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 8

un01
post May 13 2014, 01:15 AM
Post #11

Strawweight

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,229

QUOTE (DigitalBoom @ May 12 2014, 11:29 PM) *
I'm pulling for Alvarado simply for the fact I do not want to see another Pacquaio vs Marquez fight..42 rounds were more than enough to get the bullshh out of their systems.

If Marquez beats Alvarado, Pac vs Marquez 5

If Marquez loses to Alvarado, Pac vs Marquez 5
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klonopinz
post May 13 2014, 04:27 PM
Post #12

Lightweight

Member No.: 13,879

i just dont see marquez losing to mike alvarado, alvarado throws the same punches over and over, marquez will outsmart him. he doesnt have the athletic ability that bradley used to beat marquez, and he doesnt have anything that marguez hasnt seen. as long as marquez ain physicaly shot or unmotivated, should be easy. im seeing marquez-diaz and marquez-katsidis type of a fight.

+Quote Post
Cshel86
post May 13 2014, 07:21 PM
Post #13

"The Meanest Nice Guy"

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12,050

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 13 2014, 12:36 AM) *
Hahahaha!!!

Yea, I forget about HBO's pom-pom shaking for Pac-Marquez V. Alverado could get robbed. I will still vote for "Mile High." Arum can still do the fight, win or lose.

Jack

You're right, because Arum is used to matching loser vs loser anyway...there's no problem too big for good ol' Bob. I'll be out of town this weekend, so I'll have to DVR it and catch it Sunday. For some odd reason, I feel like Juan is going to show his age in this fight.

+Quote Post
KSUN247
post May 14 2014, 02:38 PM
Post #14

Flyweight

Member No.: 14,011

Who knows how Alvarado will bounce back in this fight, but I think he'll get the win. Marquez has to slow down some time and he's shown some decline in his last fight with Bradley. Think Alvarado squeaks by in a lackluster fight.

+Quote Post
Dolimite
post May 14 2014, 04:10 PM
Post #15

Super Middleweight

Member No.: 13,803

QUOTE (KSUN247 @ May 14 2014, 11:38 AM) *
Who knows how Alvarado will bounce back in this fight, but I think he'll get the win. Marquez has to slow down some time and he's shown some decline in his last fight with Bradley. Think Alvarado squeaks by in a lackluster fight.

According to Rob Arum, winner gets Pacquaio, so maybe the fix is in. I still don't think Juan takes the Pac fight.

+Quote Post
mrchitown
post May 14 2014, 06:48 PM
Post #16

Cruiserweight

Member No.: 12,858

JMM on points

+Quote Post
littlemac
post May 14 2014, 08:08 PM
Post #17

Amateur

Member No.: 13,882

Arum better pay these judges well because a JMM loss makes another Pac JMM fight look extra shitty and honestly.....who else can Pac fight on ppv? The only viable option I can even think of is Ruslan and the numbers for that fight would likely be shit. Fight with Bradley is pointless and would be hated, fight with JMM of a loss pointless and would be hated, and Alvardo would be just as bad as Rios. Can you all think of any other options?

+Quote Post
KSUN247
post May 14 2014, 09:52 PM
Post #18

Flyweight

If the winner gets Manny, he's wins easily by TKO over Alvarado. Manny will probably win by UD against Marquez, but Arum is going to have to PAY him. Marquez has no motivation to fight Manny unless the $$$ is too much to ignore. Top Rank has no top talent at 147 lbs for Manny. They really need the Golden Boy/Top Rank Cold War to end. If that happens, Schaefer who basically runs GB, still won't do business with TR. And since he won't based on his previous talks, how long before De La Hoya fires him? With Al Haymon managing the majority of top talent at GB, the Cold War will basically still be on. And there still won't be anyone for Manny to fight, unless TR does business with some of the other promoters. But I doubt if any of those welterweights will be a PPV worthy fight. Maybe Manny Pacquiao won't re-up with TR when his contract expires, but I doubt that too.

+Quote Post
Jack 1000
post May 14 2014, 10:35 PM
Post #19

The Consultant

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 14

QUOTE (KSUN247 @ May 14 2014, 09:52 PM) *
If the winner gets Manny, he's wins easily by TKO over Alvarado. Manny will probably win by UD against Marquez, but Arum is going to have to PAY him. Marquez has no motivation to fight Manny unless the $$ is too much to ignore. Top Rank has no top talent at 147 lbs for Manny. They really need the Golden Boy/Top Rank Cold War to end. If that happens, Schaefer who basically runs GB, still won't do business with TR. And since he won't based on his previous talks, how long before De La Hoya fires him? With Al Haymon managing the majority of top talent at GB, the Cold War will basically still be on. And there still won't be anyone for Manny to fight, unless TR does business with some of the other promoters. But I doubt if any of those welterweights will be a PPV worthy fight. Maybe Manny Pacquiao won't re-up with TR when his contract expires, but I doubt that too.

Solid points,

What happens to Top Rank when Pacquiao retires from boxing? They really need the Cold War to end. However, it won't.

Jack

+Quote Post
KSUN247
post May 15 2014, 01:45 PM
Post #20

Flyweight

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ May 14 2014, 05:35 PM) *
Solid points,

What happens to Top Rank when Pacquiao retires from boxing? They really need the Cold War to end. However, it won't.

Jack

Top Rank will be hurting for a long time. That is until they sign another fan friendly guy and he becomes a star. I could see Mikey Garcia being that guy, but now he has issues with Top Rank. I think he will jump ship soon if his money isn't right.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 01:26 PM