Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WHICH YOUNG PROSPECT HAS THE BEST FUTURE?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Fitz
Bump.

BigG
One of the 7 who voted for Ward here.
kidbazooka1
Well we all seen what just happened to Khan and as for Ward I really wanted to see the guy from Oakland become champ but I just can't see that happening I believe he's just as chinny as Khan except that his superior footwork has gotten him out of trouble but will eventually get KTFO.

sfor Chavez jr. I thought he had the skill to become something big but he hasn't shown the heart and desire thats needed to make it big in the sport.
blackbelt2003
LOL, two years on and NONE of them have done anything. Can't we go back and add a 'None of the above' option?

Actually, props to the couple of guys who plumped for Juanma. He's been the sleeper of the prospect pack for a while, and suddenly he's the goods after that blow out of De Leon.

OK, necks on the chopping board...who're the next three top prospects?

Pick wisely, this'll be bumped again in two years.

I'm gonna go for:

1/ Rock Allen...slow moving up, but I believe he'll the better for it when he finally arrives in what is a weak division
2/ James DeGale...brilliantly skilled Olympic champ, already rumoured to have been offered 1mill to go pro
3/ Odlanier Solis...at last, a heavyweight with skills AND power

Black
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(blackbelt2003 @ Sep 7 2008, 06:04 AM) [snapback]403517[/snapback]
LOL, two years on and NONE of them have done anything. Can't we go back and add a 'None of the above' option?
Actually, props to the couple of guys who plumped for Juanma. He's been the sleeper of the prospect pack for a while, and suddenly he's the goods after that blow out of De Leon.
OK, necks on the chopping board...who're the next three top prospects?

Pick wisely, this'll be bumped again in two years.
I'm gonna go for:
1/ Rock Allen...slow moving up, but I believe he'll the better for it when he finally arrives in what is a weak division
2/ James DeGale...brilliantly skilled Olympic champ, already rumoured to have been offered 1mill to go pro
3/ Odlanier Solis...at last, a heavyweight with skills AND power
Black

No doubt JuanMa is the goods the guy has all time great written over him.
streetlion1
Peter Quillin.
Elijah
There are quite a few other young prospects that could be on that list and one I'm surprised I haven't seen mentioned yet is James Kirkland. Dude needs to work on his defense a bit but eventually he's gonna be a beast and Ann Wolfe will surely keep him grounded. That was a great piece on her by ESPN.
PrfPmp
1 - JuanMa

2- Berto

3 - The Cuban Kid thats like 11-0

D-MARV
JuanMa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Next Great One...
caneman
Anyone seen this article? http://timesonline.typepad.com/boxing/2008...khan-needs.html
MManiscalco
Guys, What about Yuriorkis Gamboa 11-0 9 by KO. He had a highlight reel knockout on FNF. He's the next Pacquiao.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(MManiscalco @ Sep 13 2008, 09:21 PM) [snapback]404159[/snapback]
Guys, What about Yuriorkis Gamboa 11-0 9 by KO. He had a highlight reel knockout on FNF. He's the next Pacquiao.

I don't think he's the next Pacquiao but if he gets his boxing acumen up to par with his talent he would be unbeatable.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.