Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wilfred Benitez vs Marlon Starling..
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Classic Boxing
kidbazooka1
Benitez in top shape would have boxed circles around Starling.

Benitez easy UD.
Fuse
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Aug 25 2007, 02:49 AM) [snapback]354997[/snapback]
Benitez in top shape would have boxed circles around Starling.

Benitez easy UD.

I think this is a great fight an not an easy win for Benitez. Starling was one of the hardest fighters to hit clean and I thought he was more aggressive than Benitez.

I think Benitez wins this one, but it's not as one sided as many think.
Maxy
QUOTE(PR316 @ Jun 21 2006, 05:02 PM) [snapback]249623[/snapback]
This one is hard.

Two counter punchers here. Neither guy was comfortable taking the lead here so this would be a situation with alot of probing and posing, each guy waiting for the other to make a mistake. Benitez has a height and reach advantage. And IMO his hands were faster. Starling was also one of the greatest all time posers in the game, too often sitting back to admire what he just did.

Not alot of clean shots land here. But Benitez does more work and he's more accurate, in taking a UD in an ugly, boring fight.

Yeah thats pretty much how I'd see it too.
Nobudius
QUOTE(PR316 @ Jun 21 2006, 04:02 PM) [snapback]249623[/snapback]
Starling was also one of the greatest all time posers in the game, too often sitting back to admire what he just did.

Starling would crack me up with some of the things he did-like that high leg, kick stomp move. What the hell was that all about?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.