Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Wire (Topics Merged)
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
JakeNDaBox
bump... in honor of the 5th and final season of the G.O.A.T. of television shows being around the corner (though 7 days STILL seems too long to wait)
Mino
Cant wait, great fucking show.....football all day the the Wire, gets no better then that
Mino
This thread went to shit huh, 1 of the greatest shows of all time is coming to an end this sunday, hate to see it go...Anyone here still watches??
JakeNDaBox
So I guess Mino and I are the only two true Wire heads up in here? I guess everyone else was too busy watching American Idol to pay attention rolleyes.gif
Mino
QUOTE(JakeNDaBox @ Mar 18 2008, 10:37 AM) [snapback]383077[/snapback]
So I guess Mino and I are the only two true Wire heads up in here? I guess everyone else was too busy watching American Idol to pay attention rolleyes.gif

Whats up with that, Questionably the best show of all time...How did u like the finale??
AKay
This is the best show ever.
I cant beleive its over.
JakeNDaBox
QUOTE(Mino @ Mar 19 2008, 12:49 AM) [snapback]383139[/snapback]
Whats up with that, Questionably the best show of all time...How did u like the finale??

damn, sorry it took me three weeks to get back to this!!

I liked the finale, didn't love it. Of course, the excuse is that they couldn't possibly wrap up EVERYTHING in one episode,but much like in S4, I thought they could've tidied up some story lines throughout the season and saved the finale for something explosive and memorable. To be honest, it describes my thoughts on S5 as a whole, which I thought was the weakest of the lot (yes, weaker than S2, which in retrospect is a lot better than given credit for). But that said, The Wire on its worst day is still a lot better than what 90% of other TV shows have to offer.
Eaner0919
QUOTE(JakeNDaBox @ Mar 18 2008, 09:37 AM) [snapback]383077[/snapback]

nono.gif
Mino
QUOTE(Eaner0919 @ Apr 12 2008, 04:41 PM) [snapback]385827[/snapback]
nono.gif

Its a damn shame...1 of the best shows ever, and seems like like not to many ppl watched it
Keith Pratt
QUOTE (Mino @ Apr 28 2008, 05:45 AM) *
Its a damn shame...1 of the best shows ever, and seems like like not to many ppl watched it

Snoop
Must've come late to this thread because The Wire is the best show I've ever seen.
Keith Pratt
QUOTE (Snoop @ Jun 17 2010, 10:43 PM) *
Must've come late to this thread because The Wire is the best show I've ever seen.

Nah, I read through the entire thing, you posted in the thread the day it was made and quite a few other times, I think.

Best I've ever seen as well. They showed all 5 seasons on BBC1 last year. When it finished I bought them all on DVD and watched them again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.