Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Funniest/Stupidest Things Casual Boxing Fans Say...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Don Flamenco
All I can say is mannypacquiao.ph

go to the boards over there and you'll know what I mean.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(rleojeda @ May 28 2007, 01:08 PM) [snapback]338797[/snapback]
My dad on Hagler vs Hearns " there's no way that guy with the skinny legs is gonna win, I'm going with the bald guy"

Your old man was spot on. The scratch kicked his arse. I feel like rewatching that tonight now.
Don Flamenco
QUOTE(Fitz @ Aug 22 2007, 09:36 PM) [snapback]354819[/snapback]
A lot of these guys watch 1 or 2 big fights a year and think they know what they are talking about.

And the fights that they do watch are the overblown stuff that you gotta pay a ridiculous amount on PPV for. You can't realy blame them cause those are the only fights that the general media is covering these days so there is no way that they even hear about the Marquez - Vazquez type fights. It's kinda like a domino effect where there are less chances for a casual fan to get more interest in the sport anymore. Instead of wathing the fight and leaving with more interest in boxing, they are now getting pushed away watching garbage...

Trinidad Vs. RJJ anyone?
dj necrogenic
*** You have to knock the champion out, to get his title

*** The fight doesnt end until someone gets knocked out

*** Welterweights? That must be a new division... I remember when there was just one weight (this was from a dude who was about 30)

*** Muhammed Ali is only famous because he was the first black guy allowed in boxing
ambuu
Each time when I explain to my friends that a fighter loses by TKO if he gets really badly cut (which is mostly on the eyebrow) by a legal punch, 10 out of 10 responds "then why don't the boxers focus on the opponent's eyebrows instead of jaw or body?! This would be much simpler to win!"
dj necrogenic
I cant stand when one of my girlfriends watches boxing with me, and then picks the boxer she thinks is cute to win... Then when he wins she says "See, I knew he was going to win" I fucking hate that shit!!
BrutalBodyShots
"I hate boxing... all they do is hug each other"

Maxy
Ricky Hatton is soon to fight the best possible opponent he could in Floyd Mayweather. You can't go no higher than that....

....What really gets my goat is the so-called casual fan saying shit like " I've never heard of Mayweather...why don't Hatton fight Amir Khan?", simply because they've heard of Khan.
Fitz
I think the gold mine to find stupid things said from casual fans are comments on youtube videos and yahoo answers. Here is some examples from a RJJ-Tarver round 5 video I uploaded.

man dis fight had to be fixed cuz roy jones could whoop his ass at will old or young tarver sux roy wasn't even throwin punches thatz the only reason why he won
jones was making more videos than fighting he beat tarver in fight 1 lost to a lucky punch in fight 2 cameback and fought much better in a third fight vs tarver gken johnson hit him with a lucky punch when jones hands were down after taking time off jones has the hunger back hes looked great in 2 wins now hes coming for tito

This one is a ripper.
how does a fighter (tarver) too scared to throw punches get a decision look how (and the commentator says) causious he is. i saw this fight and didn,t agree with this decisionat all
also jones career hasn't gone to shit 3-0 in his last three fights still the king baby
After watching round 5 of RJJ-Tarver III
Thats Tarver-Jones 4 all night!!

bro jones was not afraid to throw look at him breathing at the end of this round he is tired as hell. the reason it was a feat for him to go 12 was coming down in weight he is still not the same today, it is not tarver he is scared of its running out of steam, tarver woulda never faired a chance against him a year before this happened or even today if he had not moved up, if u watch all 3 fights wen roy can spare the energy its no contest he could do that for 12 before moving up

all i am saying is roy was not scared if he wasnt tired all the fights woulda looked just like this round or the other ones he could muster up the energy to use his skills, he would still be on his bike but would be throwing punches. if u watch the documentary on him his dad also called the shots in this fight and wanted him to be conservative and i have seen roy in an interview saying that was a mistake on their part for stragedy. if roy was so terrified to throw he wouldnt have done it at all
fitz84, with all do respect, bro learn your shit. tarver did not "take a piece of jones heart" or no shit like that. if you payed attention, after he beat hanshaw, in a post fight interview, he said implied that tarver and glen johnson are both on his to do list. meaning sooner or later, they will meet up again. rjj iz the best!!!!!

Fitz dont talk to me like a never saw the fight, I know how it went down. You obviously just dislike RJ using words like petrified,schooled,stole his heart and some other random foul words. You are a fool. And Roy will KO Tarver early if they fight again which im 99% sure they will because Roy knows all his fans are sick of people with no class like you bashing him!
roy is goin 2 whoop tarver if he tarver beats clinton woods which shouldnt be easy and hes gonna easily beat glen johnson if he gets through agianst chad dawson which i expect him not 2 in which case he should fight dawson of whom he will beat, but steer clear of calzaghe!
rusty_trombone
one of the funniest things i ever heard occurred after the mayweather-DLH. i was getting my tires changed, and the guy at the shop was talking about the fight. i asked him what he thought, he told me that he was pissed at the decision. now, keep in mind he already had taken a position that i deemed ridiculous, since i thought mayweather won easily. so i asked him who he thought won, and he told me "the white guy". i couldn't hold it in, i laughed right in his face. i had to excuse myself.
BrutalBodyShots
Holy shit where did this thread come from... it's been gone since the summer.

ROLL DEEP
When talking about Tyson, they say stuff like 'Oh, he was just a brawler'...completely disregarding his skill.

Or, when they say 'I'd get in the ring and take a few punches for a million dollars'....even though they don't have the discipline to go to the gym even once a week.
Mean Mister Mustard
When someone doesn't like a fight because the fighters aren't scoring knockdowns.
streetlion1
QUOTE(CyruS @ May 27 2007, 12:55 AM) [snapback]338552[/snapback]
"Floyd Mayweather should fight Manny Pacquiao."

"Zab Judah is a great fighter."

"Oscar Delahoya is a legend."

"I think Winky Wright will knockout (insert fighter here)"

"If Mike Tyson trained hard and got his weight back to 218, he could clean out the heavyweight division."

"Didn't Antonio Tarver get his ass beat by Rocky Balboa?"

DLH is a legend!! One of the greatest fighters of this era......also one of the most hated on.
BigG
"OMG, so like, when is De La Hoya fighting Tyson?"

Warlord
When Reg_One came on here talking about how Chris Byrd was going to knock Wladimir Klitchsko out in their rematch after taking a look at how "big Byrd's guns were" in a training camp photo.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Warlord @ Mar 28 2008, 06:44 AM) [snapback]384261[/snapback]
When Reg_One came on here talking about how Chris Byrd was going to knock Wladimir Klitchsko out in their rematch after taking a look at how "big Byrd's guns were" in a training camp photo.

hahah I almost forgot about that shit.

Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(Warlord @ Mar 28 2008, 05:44 AM) [snapback]384261[/snapback]

Funny. I remember that as well, but I thought it was Spreadking who started that thread?
Method

LOL. Can we let him back? I kinda miss the guy. He brings out the best in me. Keeps my game sharp.
Method
QUOTE(dj necrogenic @ Aug 23 2007, 12:11 PM) [snapback]354844[/snapback]
I cant stand when one of my girlfriends watches boxing with me, and then picks the boxer she thinks is cute to win... Then when he wins she says "See, I knew he was going to win" I fucking hate that shit!!

LOL. My lady just seems to take the other side of whatever I am rooting for, , and I hate having that vibe in the room, ESPECIALLY for the "See, I told you", factor.

I knew something was rotten in Denmark when I had to roll down to PR for her old man's 60th B-Day party on the weekend of Hopkins/Taylor I. It was a complete set up. I have to go back to the belly of the beast as the industry sticks it to Philly's only champ....and the whole way home from the party, all her family, Trinidad fans, were whoopin it up.

Seriously, I'm so into boxing and really sitting down and getting into the fight, that casual fans really annoy me.

It's kinda like a breath of fresh air when I meet someone and, through the course of convo, find out that they're big into boxing, because that's when the conversations get interesting.

rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Method @ Mar 28 2008, 12:17 PM) [snapback]384301[/snapback]
It's kinda like a breath of fresh air when I meet someone and, through the course of convo, find out that they're big into boxing, because that's when the conversations get interesting.

yeah, it's always good to find a boxing fan around.

but i don't know, i always like when you go out to watch a fight, and there's a ton of people there to see the fight and you kind of become the educator to them. i get excited to share my knowledge of the sport and possibly turn a casual fan into a real boxing fan.
Al Hata

The worst is when somebody asks, "So whats the undercard?" Ugh, where to begin......
BigG
Some casual tend to think Butterbean was a serious player in the Heavyweight division too...maybe its the fact that he was in those Knockout kings video games laugh.gif
Romulus9
One of the geniuses with whom I watched the first Lewis-Holyfield fight thought Eugenia Williams' card was the best of the three. Absolutely swore Holyfield won that fight. They also thought Shannon Briggs beat Foreman.

The final blow occurred when we were watching another fight card. A Mexican fighter vs. an Asian fighter. The phone rings. I'm only hearing one side of the call, of course.

He says, "Oh, we're just sitting here watching these two little niggers beat the Hell out of each other." Someone informs him that neither fighter is black.

"Are they white?" he asks.

"No."

"Then they're niggers."

I haven't seen fit to interact with this winner since.

God, I love boxing.
Method
The final blow occurred when we were watching another fight card. A Mexican fighter vs. an Asian fighter. The phone rings. I'm only hearing one side of the call, of course.

He says, "Oh, we're just sitting here watching these two little niggers beat the Hell out of each other." Someone informs him that neither fighter is black.

"No."

"Then they're niggers."

God, I love boxing.

LMMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(wvu8893 @ Mar 28 2008, 03:39 PM) [snapback]384353[/snapback]
One of the geniuses with whom I watched the first Lewis-Holyfield fight thought Eugenia Williams' card was the best of the three. Absolutely swore Holyfield won that fight. They also thought Shannon Briggs beat Foreman.

"No."

"Then they're niggers."
God, I love boxing.

that's really funny
Warlord
QUOTE(Method @ Mar 28 2008, 10:52 AM) [snapback]384291[/snapback]
LOL. Can we let him back? I kinda miss the guy. He brings out the best in me. Keeps my game sharp.

I'm with all you guys on bringing Reggie back. He was awesome. I know he hated my guts, but I genuinely enjoyed reading all the dumb shit he wrote. That cat was always good for a laugh, with his tales of sticking it to the man in Racquet ball, or how Roy Jones still beats any fighter alive from 200lbs down. Pure gold.
rusty_trombone
I agree with bringing back reg, i kind of miss him
The CEO
laugh.gif

Reg_One

He took some beatings alright. Y'all used to KILL that guy...

I remember feeling sorry for him for the way you guys were abusing him...but after paying closer and closer attention to his agenda, I realized that he deserved it.

You gotta admit that his E-Chin WAS pretty strong.....but like they say...the dumb tend to be tough.

laugh.gif
Method
but like they say...the dumb tend to be tough.

Yup. Absolutely. LOL. So fucking true.

That's why you don't wrestle in the mud with pigs. No matter what, you're gonna get dirty, and the difference is, the pig actually enjoys it.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Mar 28 2008, 09:49 PM) [snapback]384408[/snapback]
laugh.gif

Reg_One

He took some beatings alright. Y'all used to KILL that guy...

I remember feeling sorry for him for the way you guys were abusing him...but after paying closer and closer attention to his agenda, I realized that he deserved it.

You gotta admit that his E-Chin WAS pretty strong.....but like they say...the dumb tend to be tough.

laugh.gif

i'm telling you he's got to be back already. one of these new guys has to be reg, he'll show his true colors soon enough. i think it might be byrd man.
Warlord
QUOTE(Fitz @ Mar 28 2008, 09:33 PM) [snapback]384403[/snapback]
I liked how he never let anything keep him down. He could have about 5 posters owning him, but he would come back refer to someone as "Shirley" and keep doing his thing.

I remember that shit. Specifically, I remember him asking someone "Where exactly were you, Shirley, when Forrest knocked Shane out in their second fight?" And then about 90% of the board proceeded to ask Reggie where he was, or where he thought he was, when he saw a KO that never happened occur.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.