Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Juan Manuel Marquez to fight....Jorge Barrios.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Don Flamenco
Juan Manuel Marquez Rejects Joan Guzman, OKs Rocky Juarez As Sept. 15 Foe!

Michael Marley
BoxingConfidential.Com EXCLUSIVE REPORT
8/6/2007

This Boxingconfidential story, sure to be copied by other sites within the next 24 hours (remember where you deaf people heard it first, lol), is a sad one for our roving reporter John Chavez. It might make the San Franciscan weep right into his soba noodles and fried tofu.

It won’t be longshot Edwin Valero in the opposite corner against WBC 130-pound champion Juan Manuel Marquez Sept. 15 in Golden Boy’s big Vegas PPV main event.

As revealed exclusively on Boxingconfidential.com Saturday night, at 11:47 pm and 45 seconds, challenger Jorge “La Hienna” was scatched as Marquez’s opponent for medical reasons, perhaps an eye problem or just an iniability to slim down to the super featherweight limt.

Valero, the unbeaten WBA champ, has his own medical licensing problems which is why he is campaigning under the Teiken promotional banner in Japan.

Marquez’s substitute foe is going to be Rocky Juarez. That’s the new situation and Juarez was locked in only after the Marquez handlers adamantly refused to fight undefeated WBO champ Joan Guzman. Manager Jose Nunez pushed hard for the Marquez unification bout but the Marquez camp said no, no no and hell no.

So Guzman and Mexican hardman Humberto Soto will collide on Nov. 17.

Indonesia's Chris John, a complete unknown in America, never got a mention as a substitute for the Argentine tough guy Barrios.

(This exclusive posted when the big hand was on the six and the little hand was on the 43 in the evening EDT as opposed to GMT).

(mlcmarley@aol.com)
Southeastpaw
The brothers win titles together and might possibly lose together. I doubt it with Marquez's new opponent being Juarez, but that just may have happened if he would have taken a fight with Guzman. Would you consider this a blatant "duck" or just needing more time to get ready for an opponent such as Guzman? I give Juarez a very slim chance at winning this fight. You can never count a guy out with power like Juarez. But it is Juarez's seemingly complacent style that losses him his BIG fights. If he was more active and nonlackidazical, I think he just may have gotten wins over Soto and Barrera. But I doubt he is going to change.

I really want to see Guzman in with one of the big names and soon.
Hodge
Greedy, Greedy Golden Boy. What has Juarez done besides get beat by MAB and Humberto Soto? I think his fights are really boring. This is a pay-per-view. Am I the only one let down by all of this?
Michigan Assassin
Absolutely ridiculous that this is being put on PPV. The original fight wasn't worthy of PPV in my opinion even though I wanted to watch it but wasn't sure if I'd have paid for it.
Big Slim Sweet
So is it now a three fight card instead of four?
BigG
Too bad....would've prefered to see Guzman. Juan will beat Rocky up and possibly stop him.
Mean Mister Mustard
Who else is expecting Forbes to outwork Bojado?
Elijah
Well that's the only shot Forbes has of winning, he certainly isn't going to trade with him. I think this match depends on what kinda shape Bojado is in. If he's in good shape he should be able to box his way to a UD. Although I think he SHOULD be able to stop Forbes but like I said it depends on what kinda shape he's in. I haven't seen him fight since returning to the ring.
Mean Mister Mustard
Because I'm thinking that because Forbes outhustled Hopkins maybe he will outwork Bojado. Of course Bojado hits a lot harder than Hopkins but hey Leija was able to take it so why not Forbes? But like you said it will depend in what shape Bojado comes in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.