Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ENTER THE "COMING TO WATCH" SWEEPSTAKES AND WIN 2 TICKETS AND A HOTEL ROOM
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
XL1022
My name is Ben Williamson and I won the contest. Just a short recap of what happened on or before fight night. We get to Vegas, meet up with Shane Mosley and his bodyguard Elliott (the cornerman in the Collazo fight) and Shane takes us to VIP ticketing where he gets us a room not at the regular Mandalay Bay hotel, but THEHotel at Mandalay Bay. He was standing in the regular waiting line when Elliot reminds Shane that he is Shane Mosley and asks him why cant he just go thru VIP ticketing? laugh.gif laugh.gif Shane remembers this minor detail and then Shane talks to the people at VIP for us, and we chop it up a little about Mayweather and the possibility of a Cotto fight. He gives us 2 cards for the room and the room was sick, it had a living room, flat screen, two queen beds, and a huge ass bath room with another half bathroom right at the entrance of the room. Unfortunately my douchebag friend failed to bring an adequate digital camera, so we were ass out of pictures of either the room or Shane.

The tickets that Shane left for us were right at the edge of ringside, right where the seats begin to elevate. They were $850.00 a piece and the scalpers before the fight were trying to get 2 grand for similar seats. The best fight of the night was the Amonst-Katsidis fight, that Filipino is tough as shit. The whole USA basketball squad was there, Willis McGahee, Rasheed Wallace, Floyd Mayweather, Magic Johnson, and Pete Rose. Gabrielle Union had seats behind us as did Pete Rose thats how sick the seats were, the seats were in the first row of 119 (http://www.ticketmaster.com/seatingchart/82238/18870). After we went to The Mix for the afterparty and Shane also got us into that, it was Hopkins' afterparty at THEHotel which was at the top floor which was something like the 62nd. It was odd to see a bunch of people just staring at Hopkins, Mosley, and Rasheed having a conversation. It was too crowded so we got a couple drinks downstairs and then bid Shane farewell, and thanked him for everything. Shane is just like any other dude, you can run up talk to him and he's cool as hell. Anyway, I would like to thank Shane and Jin Mosley for everything. Ben Thompson for hooking it up, and Elliott for also helping us out along the way. Once the fight gets announced I will be at his next fight at MSG rooting him on. Thanks Shane!

Fitz
That sounded cool, it's also nice to see that hype isn't a rip off artist either laugh.gif
Just kidding man. It was a cool competition, and good to hear from the winner. Like you said, Shane sounds like a real down to earth type of guy.
hardhead
Yea, that's nice, sounded like a good time Shane's my favorite current fighter and does seem like a real cool cat....Good to know...

COME ON Hype when are we going to have a Cotto/Mosley contest??? clapping.gif
Boss Hogg
QUOTE(hardhead @ Aug 9 2007, 05:57 PM) [snapback]353355[/snapback]
Yea, that's nice, sounded like a good time Shane's my favorite current fighter and does seem like a real cool cat....Good to know...
COME ON Hype when are we going to have a Cotto/Mosley contest??? clapping.gif

Yeah Hype, set up that contest for Cotto/Mosley. I'll have my whole family and friends on this message board.
thehype
LOL.

laugh.gif

I'll see what I can do about a Mosley-Cotto contest. I'll personally be in the building for that fight, so if anyone plans on going, be sure to hit me up.
woooooo
I still need my fighthype shirt...

Any chance you can print a monkey along with the FH logo hype?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.