Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UFC 75 to air free on SpikeTV!
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
Warlord
Here is the poster for UFC 75, guys. Looks pretty badass. You can see each guy's championship belt in the silhouette behind them. Who would've even guessed one year ago that Dan Henderson and Rampage would be fighting in a unification match on free TV with Mirko Cro-Cop as an undercard? Times are a'changing.

Don Flamenco
ARRRGHHHHHH MICKEYS REPLAY ARGHHHGHAGGAHHHHH!

-Loud, Drunk, Obnoxious UFC fan
Southeastpaw
Wow! For free? Dana is a smart MFer. This card is gunna be action packed. The match-ups on this card are excellent exciting match-ups to yank up some new MMA fans. You gotta give the fans some prime shit for free and they WILL buy the PPVs. This is an area where boxing should learn something. This match-up on Spike is the equivalent to if ESPN was to air a unification bout of some sort between two well known prime championship boxers. But the promotions and such are just so different between the UFC and boxing. This is total PPV material. This just makes boxing look bad.
The CEO
It really IS a great card....Hamill got on Bisping's nerves during their TUF season...I'm interested in that one as well...

Warlord
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Aug 6 2007, 08:20 PM) [snapback]353034[/snapback]
It really IS a great card....Hamill got on Bisping's nerves during their TUF season...I'm interested in that one as well...

Bisping is a beast. He's not a threat to the big three (Shogun, Henderson, Rampage), but he's still a damn solid fighter who could, on any given night, compete with or beat the other 205lbers in the UFC. (Griffin, Jardine, Evans, Ortiz, etc...)

Bill The Butcher
That's awesome. I'm really looking forward to this card. That's cool it will be on Spike TV.

I'll have to take Rampage, Crocop and Bisping in these fights.

I'll be honest here. I haven't seen much of Dan Henderson. But I read a lot about him. (LOL, take it easy on me. At least I'm being honest.) He is definitely a beast and one of the top dogs, but I heard he has trouble with bigger guys, and Rampage is a monster in my opinion. He has a gnarly chin. He may not have the best defense in the clinch, but I think he improved his stand up game tremendously and he is a well rounded wrestler. But I think he takes Henderson in a hard fought decision. Possibly a late round stoppage.

I only seen that Kongo guy fight once. And he is one big dude. But the one fight I seen, he sucked big time on the ground. If he keeps his distance and uses his reach, it will be interesting to see how he does against Crocop. I haven't seen a whole lot of Crocop either, but from what I've seen, he doesn't like being pressured. He likes to sit back and pick his shots. So, going back to Kongo keeping his distance, might spell doom for him. And Crocop will just chop him in half with some leg kicks. But if he pressures Crocop, Crocop could take him down and expose him there. That's why I'm picking Crocop in this one. By Knockout.

I'm picking Bisping, because I never seen the other guy fight. HAHA! Bisping seemed pretty entertaining to watch. Exciting. So, I'm picking him to win.

What are your thoughts? Who do you think will win?

I know, I know...I'm a fairly new MMA fan.
The CEO
These are pretty easy picks for me...Henderson, Crocop, and Bisping...

Henderson by straight KO or KD to a Ground 'n' Pound stoppage. He's just plain better than Rampage at this time. That's all I can say...Henderson's punching and defense are his outstanding assets in this matchup.

Crocop by submission....Kongo will expect CroCop to stand and trade with him, so CroCop will simply take it to the ground and finish him pretty quickly....The Croatian is known for his striking...but make no mistake...he DOES have a World Class ground game....although...IF he's careless...he could possibly get one shot KOed again...his chin ain't the greatest.

I think Hamill will give Bisping the fight of his life...he's deaf you know....and also an Olympic Level wrestler....he will be in the zone and ready to hand Bisping the upset on his home turf...but Bisping will have so much heart and pride going, he will WILL his way to a win over the lesser experienced Mixed Martial Artist...
Warlord
QUOTE(Bill The Butcher @ Aug 6 2007, 11:37 PM) [snapback]353049[/snapback]
That's awesome. I'm really looking forward to this card. That's cool it will be on Spike TV.

I'll have to take Rampage, Crocop and Bisping in these fights.

I'll be honest here. I haven't seen much of Dan Henderson. But I read a lot about him. (LOL, take it easy on me. At least I'm being honest.) He is definitely a beast and one of the top dogs, but I heard he has trouble with bigger guys, and Rampage is a monster in my opinion. He has a gnarly chin. He may not have the best defense in the clinch, but I think he improved his stand up game tremendously and he is a well rounded wrestler. But I think he takes Henderson in a hard fought decision. Possibly a late round stoppage.

I only seen that Kongo guy fight once. And he is one big dude. But the one fight I seen, he sucked big time on the ground. If he keeps his distance and uses his reach, it will be interesting to see how he does against Crocop. I haven't seen a whole lot of Crocop either, but from what I've seen, he doesn't like being pressured. He likes to sit back and pick his shots. So, going back to Kongo keeping his distance, might spell doom for him. And Crocop will just chop him in half with some leg kicks. But if he pressures Crocop, Crocop could take him down and expose him there. That's why I'm picking Crocop in this one. By Knockout.

I'm picking Bisping, because I never seen the other guy fight. HAHA! Bisping seemed pretty entertaining to watch. Exciting. So, I'm picking him to win.

What are your thoughts? Who do you think will win?

I know, I know...I'm a fairly new MMA fan.

Dan Henderson is the current Welterweight (183lb) and Middleweight Champion (205lb) in Pride. He is also a former olympic wrestler with one-punch knockout power who has wins over names like Wanderlei Silva, Vitor Belfort, Yuki Kondo, "Ninja" Rua, Renzo Gracie, Babalu Sobral, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Carlos Newton, and Allan Goes.

Rampage has very good standup, and has gotten even better in that department since coming to the UFC. Rampage is shit in a thai clinch, as he comes into it with his head WAY too far down. Henderson has been known to throw knees, and he just may take advantage of Rampage's weakness in this department. I don't expect a Chute Boxe style beatdown like Silva and Shogun put on Rampage, but I do expect Rampage to eat some hard shots nevertheless. On the ground, if it goes to the ground, Dan clearly has every advantage. I don't expect either fighter to try and take it to the ground early though, not until one of them gets hurt. But by then it may be too late, considering the kind of leather these two can throw.

In the end, I expect Dan Henderson to come out on top by UD. Rampage just isn't on Dan's level, IMO.

As for Cro Cop, he's shit on the ground. His only ground defense is to tie guys up until the ref stands them up again. However, this does not matter in the slightest for this fight, because Kongo's mat skills are just as horrible, or worse, than Mirko's. laugh.gif Expect a brief, brutal standup war that ends with Kongo getting KTFO by the greatest pure striker in the sport today.

Bisping and Hamill is another decent little scrap, one that is a toss up dependant on a number of factors. Hamill is another wrestler who, for whatever god awful reason, has decided he wants to be a striker. If he stands and trades with Bisping, expect Bisping to win by early stoppage. If Hamill takes it to the ground like we know he can, I expect the deaf bastard to put up a good fight, possibly winning by SD or MD.

All in all, this is a GREAT card and I'm sad as a motherfucker that I'll be in Shanghai and probably having to stream this shit like I'm stealing it. sad.gif
Southeastpaw
I'm not so sure bout this Kongo/CroCop fight. Kongo was lost on the ground, but CroCop prefers the stand up for the most part. CroCop did not look too comfortable on the ground against Gonzaga. And Mirko got KOed pretty bad last time. I would not count Kongo out by any means in this. It would be stupid for Kongo not to be working on his ground game being in this sport, so I expect that to be improved somewhat.

My picks are going to be Henderson/Kongo/Bisbing
The CEO
CroCop's ground game DID look very weak against Gonzaga...but he was weak in general...Mirko has rolled around on the floor with the best of them and has tapped only once (Noguiera)...he took out Randleman with an Guillotine....and I can see him surprising and overwhelming the raw Kongo on the mat with his experience...
Warlord
Cro Cop, by his own admission, came into his fight with Gonzaga with a lack on mental focus. Add to that the fact that he was used to fighting in a ring in Pride, where there were no elbows allowed to the face.

Gonzaga, if you will remember, put Mirko down and landed some hard elbows right off the bat. Mirko was dazed on his feet, and wide open for that vicious KO that Gonzaga put on him. Coming to the ring unfocused, without ever having trained to deal with elbow strikes or fighting in a caged enviroment will surely work all kinds of wonders for a fighter in the loss department. However, since this loss Mirko has had a cage delivered to his gym, and he practices in it now everyday. And from what my sources have been telling me, he's training his guts out to get used to the way things are done in the UFC.

I think people who are unsure about Mirko's skills will get a taste of the real Mirko Cro Cop when he takes on Kongo.
Warlord
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Aug 7 2007, 11:11 AM) [snapback]353080[/snapback]
He took out Randleman with an Guillotine.

Well, to be fair, that was an accidental guillotine choke, lol. Mirko caught Randleman with the underhooks after Randleman shot on him, and he put him in that hold to deliver some sick knees to the head. Then he just started cranking it after that, and Randleman tapped. No one expected that, most especially CroCop, lol. All that aside, that choke is still the only true submission CroCop has ever had. The other 3 "subs" on Mirko's record came from punches. laugh.gif

CroCop is without doubt the best pure striker in the world, but his ground game leaves alot to be desired, IMO.
Southeastpaw
Hey Warlod, do you think that Mirko would take Gonzaga in a rematch?
Warlord
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Aug 7 2007, 01:33 PM) [snapback]353104[/snapback]
Hey Warlod, do you think that Mirko would take Gonzaga in a rematch?

It's tough to say. To be honest, I've only seen Gonzaga fight once, and that was against Mirko CroCop. I don't expect Gonzaga would win via KO1 again though, no matter what happened. I would really need to see some more Gonzaga fights to actually make that call, though.
Southeastpaw
I hear ya. This fight with Randy will be an intersting one. I like Gonzaga though. Funny facial expressions. His stand up looked pretty good before the take down in his fight with Mirko. I thought he looked a bit overanxious, but he did not look afraid which is something you need for success when your in with someone like Mirko.
Warlord
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Aug 7 2007, 01:53 PM) [snapback]353111[/snapback]
I hear ya. This fight with Randy will be an intersting one. I like Gonzaga though. Funny facial expressions. His stand up looked pretty good before the take down in his fight with Mirko. I thought he looked a bit overanxious, but he did not look afraid which is something you need for success when your in with someone like Mirko.

Yeah, I think Gonzaga is too big for Randy. Randy even said himself, he would've preferred to face Mirko CroCop, because stylistically he felt it was a better matchup.

Gonzaga UD.
Bill The Butcher
I'm going with Randy Couture. I think he will take Gonzaga to the distance and Gonzaga will have stamina issues. He will gas out and Randy will win a hard fought decision.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.