Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who would win a tourney at 168 and why?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BrutalBodyShots
Thanks for the clips Fitz, good stuff!

How the hell did Mundine ever get stopped at the light hitting hands of Ottke?

Also I never saw the Mundine/Kessler fight... for those that saw it how did you score it?

I saw that the official cards were all over the place. One judge had it a shutout but one gave Mundine 4 rounds. Just curious how others had it.

Nobudius
In this tournament, you can add Froch in the mix as well. I actually like this guy, as he is quite entertaining. He's limited to an extent, but he can bring it.

I don't think Mundine has a china chin either-he just got caught. That Ottke Ko is the kind of stuff that makes you believe in karma. Eventually, the arseholes will get what's coming.

As for Mundine's bout with Kessler: it was a competitive, comfortable decision for Kessler. As the fight progressed, it looked like Kessler's size, jab, & right hand were bothering Mundine-kept him in check for most of the fight. If I remember correctly, every time Mundine did something positive, Kessler answered right back.
georg
I can see Calzaghe is the leader of the poll. I think Kessler,he has done much more than Calzaghe has done in the last couple years

Kessler:

On a few weeks notice he took a title-shot against Manny Siaca late 2004 and stopped him in 7 rounds.

In his very first title defence he went down under at defeated Mundine.

Then he took on Lucas in Copenhagen.

In his only 3rd defence of his wba title he unified against wbc champ Beyer.

Then he took on undefeated no. 1 challenger Andrade.

In his only 5th title defence Kessler is going to Wales to face Calzaghe

Calzaghe:

Evans Ashira thumbsdown_anim.gif
Jeff Lacy thumbsup_anim.gif
Sakio Bika thumbsdown_anim.gif
Peter Manfredo Jr thumbsdown_anim.gif
Blayde
Na man, I think the last opponents of Kessler and Calzaghe are pretty similar. Lets compare all of them by only using smilies wink.gif

Calzaghe:
Ashira thumbsdown_anim.gif
Lacy thumbsup_anim.gif
Bika smile.gif (Bika isnt a thumbsdown, hes a good supermiddleweight contender)
Manfredo sad.gif

Kessler:
Siaca thumbsdown_anim.gif
Mundine thumbsup_anim.gif
Beyer smile.gif
Andrade smile.gif

Ok, also got the edge for Kesslers opponents, but its pretty close. Maybe Manfredo deserves a better rating and we got a draw.
Nobudius
QUOTE(georg @ Jul 26 2007, 11:01 AM) [snapback]351173[/snapback]
I can see Calzaghe is the leader of the poll. I think Kessler,he has done much more than Calzaghe has done in the last couple years

Well, judging by your avatar, of course you do. It's debatable-but Kessler has made moves to unify the division in a shorter time frame, while Calzaghe had not for numerous years. And I criticize Calzaghe for some missed opportunities through the years-this does/doesn't score points depending on one's view. He still makes the Lacy bout seem like it was the Thrilla in Manilla, or Pryor/Arguello. Calzaghe has been a pisser with the "legacy" talk & making the "big fights" bullshiat, but he needs to clean out HIS division.

Good gawd, this guy has been frustrating, b/c he has the skills to be better than this.

If Kessler beats Calzaghe, & he goes the route that Calzaghe has done in regards to "defenses", It'd be a pisser.
Maxy
QUOTE(Nobudius @ Jul 26 2007, 03:14 PM) [snapback]351203[/snapback]
Good gawd, this guy has been frustrating, b/c he has the skills to be better than this.

That's why I and many others just don't like Joe Calzaghe. Frustrating is the key-word and that's exactly what he has been throughout his career. There has been so many big fight opportunities for him but he's never stepped up and taken them.

Who knows how good he is, how overrated he is or even how underrated he is? Truth is he's never fought the calibre of opponent to answer these questions..

georg
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Jul 26 2007, 10:22 AM) [snapback]351160[/snapback]
Also I never saw the Mundine/Kessler fight... for those that saw it how did you score it?

You can download the fight here

Mikkel Kessler vs. Anthony Mundine
http://www.megaupload.com/dk/?d=G3ORBAWL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.