Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hopkins vs. Wright: Undercard Discussion and Results
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
JD
Was the Andrade fight added to the televised portion?
NickBarker
Yeah, JD. I was really happy to see that. You have a pretty good idea what you're going to get with a Librado Andrade bout.
JD
QUOTE(NickBarker @ Jul 21 2007, 08:22 PM) [snapback]350029[/snapback]
Yeah, JD. I was really happy to see that. You have a pretty good idea what you're going to get with a Librado Andrade bout.

NICE!!!

I was hoping they would add that fight to the televised portion. I am happy they did...getting 4 fights just feels so much better, doesn't it? LOL...

jrw
Who is the guy that Larios is fighting? I dont know anything about Linares.
Southeastpaw
I was gunna stream this card, but I broke down and bought it. These guys deserve my $$$$$. HD baby.
NickBarker
The only thing I know is that he is being hyped up as a pretty good looking fighter at featherweight.
T-MONEY
has the first bout started?
Chico Escuela NYC
I really can't wait to see how Hopkins lands the right hand tonight. I think that's going to be the tale of the fight. Hopkins timing, and accuracy with the lead right is second to none, but he's never dealt with a jab like Wright's.
Southeastpaw
Andrade/Muller is pretty entertaining. This is the opposite of how the main event will be. The lack of defense in tis fight is Gatti-ish.

Bout stopped! Andrade was getting tagged, but his beard is solid. Muller was getting tagged worse though. Ref stepped in and stopped it.
NickBarker
I wish Lampley wouldn't bash GBP for showing this fight. It was entertaining while it lasted; Andrade very well could be the next Gatti-like fighter.

That being said, Muller was definitely outclassed and Weeks did the right thing stopping it as quick as he did.
koartist
If someone can do a round by round for Katsides it would be appreciated. I am in Australia and unfortunately at work.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(Chico Escuela NYC @ Jul 21 2007, 09:11 PM) [snapback]350038[/snapback]
I really can't wait to see how Hopkins lands the right hand tonight. I think that's going to be the tale of the fight. Hopkins timing, and accuracy with the lead right is second to none, but he's never dealt with a jab like Wright's.

Right on Chico. This is what makes this fight so intriguing. It is like a math equation that Hopkins has to figure out. At this level, it is awesome. We all know that Wink is going to bring what he always brings. But Hopkins can change, and as Warlord said, at this weight, Hopkins is incredible. Not that he wasn't before. I think Oscar was right in saying this fight will be about Hopkins footwork. He has got to put himself into a position and throw the right shots as well in order to open Wink up and expose him. This is a GREAT one for the fans that enjoy the science of the sport. There is gunna be some stuff goin on in there that is gunna be real hard to see.
Method
What a SICK half hour preview show leading up to 9 PM. I love Hopkins in this fight.
Southeastpaw
Katsidis is a trip. Comin out lookin like a Spartan. Walkin out, stoppin, lookin left to right at the crown, moves forward, does the same thing. Then comes into the ring and stares at Amonsot with that crazy helmet on. What a character.
Chico Escuela NYC
QUOTE(Method @ Jul 21 2007, 08:21 PM) [snapback]350043[/snapback]
What a SICK half hour preview show leading up to 9 PM. I love Hopkins in this fight.

I'm on the phone with these fuckers right now to order this, bro threaten.gif . I'm missing good shit already.
thehype
PREFIGHT
Amonsot enters an extremely empty arena first to the sounds of Bad To The Bone and looking like an Phillipino version of Billy Idol. Katsidis enters next wearing a Spartan warrior's helmet with a huge tatoo on his back. Shades of the movie 300. "THIS...IS...SPARTA!!!"
NickBarker
Well, if Katsidis is anything, he's a bit of a dramatist.
koartist
:-) thanks guys.. Katsidis will entertain and win by KO I hope!!
Southeastpaw
Well, one Hopkins won tonight already. DHop KOed a guy named Berrio in the first round on the undercard.
NickBarker
Katsidis plods straight ahead trying to close the distance and throw the big, straight right. The Philippino lands some decent counters, but Katsidis is the aggressor and is landing the better stuff, overall. He looks pretty much like what I would have expected from the Aussie's descriptions.

10-9 Katsidis
thehype
ROUND 1
Both men cautious at first. Amon lands a quick and powerful right hook over the top. Kat lands a right down the pipe. Another HARD right hand down the pipe lands for Kat. Again...two right hands down teh middle land for Kat. Now Amon lands a left himself. Kat drives Amon back with a short right hand. Amon lands a nice upperuct. Left to the body lands for Amon. Kat circling on the outside. 1-2 lans for Amon. Left lands for Amon. Again...12 lands for Amon and he begins to talk a little smack to Kat. Kat tries to work his way inside...lands a left and a right hook Hard rigfht hand lands for Kat and it backs Amon up. Nice three punch combo lands for Kat. Straight right hand and a left hook lands for Kat to end the round and both men stare at each other at the bell. Close round, but I give it to Kat for landing the crisper, more telling shots.

Kat 10 Amon 9
koartist
Find a home for the left hook Rocky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NickBarker
Amonsot opens the round with some better work. Katsidis slows down a bit, but then lands a huge right hand to knock him down. Amonsot gets up and Katsidis charges back in. He's clubbing at him in the clinch, trying to take him out right away. Katsidis has a pretty nasty looking cut on his left eye. This is turning into a very good fight.

10-8 Katsidis
koartist
Was cut headclash or punch?
thehype
ROUND 2
Kat lands a right downstairs and another up top. Amon fireing the jab and lands a right hook over the top. Kat circling. 1-2 lands for Amon. Again, 1-2 lands for Amon. Left to the body lands for Amon followed by a nice uppercuct. HARD right hand lands for Kat upstairs. Anonther uppercut lands for Amon and Kat is starting to bleed from the nocse. WOOOOOO..nice counter right hand lands fro Kat that floors Amon. He's up and takes the count. Kat rushes in to try and finish him. Amon holds on. Kat let's his hands go along the ropes. Amon ties him up and appears to have shaken things off. Kat's eye swelling badly now. Nice uppercut lands for Kat. Amon fires back and lands a 1-2. Kat lands a right to end the round. Round to Kat, but Amon is game and it could get interesting going down the stretch. Good fight so far. Kat's left eye looks NASTY.

Kat 20 Amon 17
Southeastpaw
Good fight between Kat and Amon. Kat knocked Amon down, good shot but Amon got up quick and is steady. But Kat has a bloody nose and a cut over his left eye. Good fight.
NickBarker
It's from a punch. Though between rounds there was a pretty good look at it and it doesn't appear to be a cut, but moreso an abbrasion of some sort both above and below the eye. It's swelled up a decent amount.
Southeastpaw
Damn, we have like 3 rbrs in here. lol
koartist
Thanks Nick... nice job all on the RBR... at least if it goes to the cards we can tally the RBR cards too!
NickBarker
Amonsot is having a better round. Katsidis seems concerned about the eye. It's still good, two way action, but Amonsot did enough to win this round.

10-9 Amonsot

29-27 Katsidis
thehype
ROUND 3
Kat circling on teh outside. Amon back to firing the jab. Kat bulls his way on the inside and pays for it with a right hook from Amon. Hard right hand down the pipe lands for Kat, but it was partially blocked. Amon lettting his hands go and doing more work on the inside. Amon lands an uppercut on the inside. Rigth hook lands for Amon. Kat continues to bull forward...lands a left hook. Right hook continues to lands on the inside for Amon...and an uppercut. Kat lands a elft hook. Rigth hook lands for Amon...and an uppercut lands. 1-2 alnds for Amon. Kat fires back wtih one of his own. Round to Amon, who outworked the Kat who was looking to land the bigger punches.

Kat 29 Amon 27
thehype
ROUND 4
Amon works teh jab and lans a right hook over the otop. Kat just circles on the outside. Amonlands a left down the pipe. Kat appears to taking a bit of a break. WOOOOO...nice right hand lands for Amon. Kat looks confused as he's content to stay on the outside. 1-2 lands for Amon. Another 1-2 lands for Amon. Left hand lands for Amon. Amon doing a good job of boxing. Right hook ands for Amon. Kat not doing much of anything except eating right hands. Wooooo...nice 1-2 lands upstairs for Amon. WOOOOO...and a nasty uppercut lands for Amon to end the round. Round to Amon.

Kat 38 Amon 37
Southeastpaw
I'm getting the feeling that Katsidis is on the brink of getting a bit exposed.
thehype
Oh my goodness my spelling is HORRIBLE tonight.

laugh.gif
NickBarker
Amonsot is beginning to pull away during the majority of the rounds. However, Katsidis will land some big shots on occasion and then begin to get more aggressive. He's definitely still in this fight becuase of his power and attitude.

10-9 Amonsot

38-37 Katsidis
NickBarker
Katsidis comes back with more workrate and is hitting Amonsot a good deal more. He's catching glove on a lot of the shots, but most of them are effective. This was a good change of pace round for Katsidis.

10-9 Katsidis

48-46 Katsidis
thehype
ROUND 5
1-2 lands for Amon to start the round. Kat circling and staying away on the outside. RIght hand lands for Amon. Another right hand lands for him as Kat just looks baffled. Left hand lands for Amon. Body shot lands for Amon and Kat FINALLY lands a right over the top. Kat tries to work the body on the inside. Amon lands an uppercut. Kat lands a nice right hand. Right hook and uppercut land on the inside for Amon. Kt lands a right hand. Amon lands a 1-2. Nice uppercut lands for Kat...and a right hand. Better round for Kat, but I don't think it was enough to win it. Round to Amon.

Kat 47 Amon 47
Southeastpaw
Do you think that it gets a bit distracting being able to hear commentators at ringside for the fighters fighting? I hear some other commentator all loud.
koartist
Sounds like a typical Katsidis fight... with him loading up. The dude needs to learn how to construct a fight and break down an opponent. He always looks lost when he doesn't get the guy out of there straight up. Fark!
NickBarker
For once, I'm right on pace with Harold Lederman.
NickBarker
Katsidis is starting to throw more and more like he was in the first two rounds. Amonsot is no slouch himself, continuing to land good counters and showing more skill than Katsidis. However, I feel Katsidis is starting to do a lot better than he was two rounds ago and would give him the round again.

10-9 Katsidis

58-55 Katsidis
thehype
ROUND 6
Kat lands the right hand down the middle. Amon lands a 1-2. Kat alnds another right. 1-2 lands for Kat. ...and another nice three punch combo lands for Kat. Amon lands a left. Uppercut lands for Amon on the inside. Amon peppers the jab in Kat's face...and a left hand. Kat lands a right. WOOOO...big 1-2 alnds for Kat. Amon lands a uppercut. Kat lands two rigth hooks and a left that backs Amon up. Straight right lands for Amon that appears to have hurt Amon. Kat lands a left and a right hook. Right hand down the middle lands for Kat. Nice six punch combo to the body lands for Kat to end the round. Round to Kat.

Kat 57 Amon 56
NickBarker
Amonsot is throwing more than Katsidis at the beginning of the round, but a lot of them are being blocked on the gloves. Katsidis slips over Amonsot's foot and gets pushed down; Nady rules it right and it goes on. Katsidis is taking control of the fight again. He's pressuring him and showing tremendous resolve to come back. I really like the way he throws that repeated, clubbing right hook. It's not a very pretty punch, but it looks so powerful. Another round for the Greco-Austrailian

10-9 Katsidis

68-64 Katsidis
thehype
ROUND 7
Kat comes out fast and tries to work Amon to teh body. Left hook alnds for Kat. Righthook by Amon knocks Kat down, but Nady waves it off as a trip. Amon working the uppercuts on the inside. Kat lands a right. Woooo...big right hand lands for Kat...and another has Amon covering up. Kat let's his hands go and works the body. Amon taking some heavy leather now. Right hand from Kat drives Amon back. Amon still working the jab...still trying to outbox him. Amon lands a 1-2. Left hand down the middle lands for Amon. Right hand from Amon snaps Kat's head back. Another right hand lands for Amon but he eats a right from Kat in return. Another crushing right hand from Kat lands upstairs to end the round. Round to Kat.

Kat 67 Amon 65
NickBarker
Goddamn! Katsidis' eye looks like shit, but the cutman seems to be keeping it at least under control.
NickBarker
This is a, comparatively, dull round. Not too much action from either party. Amonsot probably throws more, but a lot of them are jabs that hit glove. Katsidis throws only power punches, but nothing seems to seriously affect Amonsot. I score this round even.

10-10

78-74 Katsidis
thehype
ROUND 8
Kat comes out tring to work the body. Amon lands some uppercuts. 1-2 lands for Kat. Right hand to the body lands for Kat and Amon takes a deep breath. Right handlands for Kat. Another right hand...and another lands for Kat. Amon peppering the jab. Big right hand lands for Kat. Amon lands a right hook. 1-2 lands for Kat. Right hand over the top lands for Kat. Better round for Amon, but I don't think it was enough to win the round.

Kat 77 Amon 74
NickBarker
Nady stops the action to show the doctor a new cut on the top of one of Katsidis' eyes from a headbutt. If it's stopped from that, it goes to the scorecards.
Southeastpaw
LOL @ Jim sayin, Good luck to Nady finding a new cut on Katsidis after a headbutt. LOL

And there is a new one. Kat looks a mess, but he seems to be winning, for now.
thehype
ROUND 9
Kat circles on the outside. Amon lands a right hook and a straight right down the middle. 1-2 lands for Kat. Amon lands a right. Both men clash heads and Kat is cut from it. Two right hands land for Kat. Nice three punch combo lands upstairs for Kat. Right hand lands for Kat and Amon retreats. The blood continues to gush from Kat's eye. Amon lands a jab a right hook. Kat jumps on Amon in the corner and works Amon's body. HUGE right hook lands for Kat. Amon lands an uppercut. Round to Kat.

Kat 87 Amon 83
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.