Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Maccarinelli beats Braithwaite
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Maxy
Enzo Maccarinelli boxed well to defeat Wayne Braithwaite on points in Cardiff tonight. Braithwaite was down in the 5th but not badly hurt before losing a unanimous decision 119-108, 118-109, 120-108.

Southeastpaw
I'll bet Momma Big Truck was PISSED!!!!!!!!! To say the least. She looks like the type that would probably beat someone down after her son loses.
Maxy
Much better and a less predictable result was Gavin Rees beating Souleymane M'Baye 117-112, 117-113, 118-110. Britain is dominating 140.... fuck.gif
WWE
QUOTE(Maxy @ Jul 22 2007, 01:27 AM) [snapback]350019[/snapback]
Much better and a less predictable result was Gavin Rees beating Souleymane M'Baye 117-112, 117-113, 118-110. Britain is dominating 140.... fuck.gif

Hell yeah brother. Rees was fuckin awesome tonight. I admit, I'd read about him but hadn't seen him fight before and when I heard he was challenging M'baye for the title, I checked his record (showcasing his string of wins over abysmal competition) and I just thought he had no business in a WBA title match. He proved me wrong and I'm hoping he can build on this success.
NickBarker
Good for the Brits. I was somewhat surprised to hear that about M'Baye and the margin of victory that Enzo had over Braithwaite. I would have picked Maccarinelli, but predicted it would have been closer than that.

If Haye were to beat Mormeck, maybe a fight with Enzo would take place. Would that be big in England?
WWE
QUOTE(NickBarker @ Jul 22 2007, 03:21 AM) [snapback]350026[/snapback]
Good for the Brits. I was somewhat surprised to hear that about M'Baye and the margin of victory that Enzo had over Braithwaite. I would have picked Maccarinelli, but predicted it would have been closer than that.

If Haye were to beat Mormeck, maybe a fight with Enzo would take place. Would that be big in England?

And Wales
NickBarker
Yes, certainly. I just wasn't sure how much the rest of the Island would take notice.
blackbelt2003
It would be massive...possibly the biggest all-British fight to be made (considering Hatton-Witter is NEVER going to happen sad.gif )

Previously, I've been saying Haye would win...but Maccirinelli is improving so much now I'm just not sure. Esepcially with Enzo Calzaghe's current winning streaks, I guess now I'm leaning towards the Welshman.

Black
Mean Mister Mustard
Is Maccarubelli the dude who dropped Johnny Nelson?
Mean Mister Mustard
Just checked Boxrec and it is not him.
Maxy
QUOTE(blackbelt2003 @ Jul 22 2007, 08:51 AM) [snapback]350446[/snapback]
It would be massive...possibly the biggest all-British fight to be made (considering Hatton-Witter is NEVER going to happen sad.gif )

Previously, I've been saying Haye would win...but Maccirinelli is improving so much now I'm just not sure. Esepcially with Enzo Calzaghe's current winning streaks, I guess now I'm leaning towards the Welshman.
Black

If Haye beats Mormeck this fight is a natural. Like you I've always thought Haye would have too much for Maccarinelli but Enzo was good last night and he's using his ramrod jab to great affect now, something he never used to do.

Haye has previously stated that he plans to move up to heavyweight if he beats Mormeck but an all-British showdown against Macca could prove too strong to resist. Hopefully.
MarzB
Man Braithwaite's truck has hit some flat tires as of late.
ROLL DEEP
Braithwaite should fight Vassily Jirov in a battle of old, washed up cruisers.

Actually, that's a bit harsh. They're both still good fighters, just not the world class ones they were as champions.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(MarzB @ Jul 22 2007, 11:21 AM) [snapback]350498[/snapback]
Man Braithwaite's truck has hit some flat tires as of late.

LOL. Yeah, I remember a few years back being really impressed with Big Truck. I expected him to 'run over' the competition so to speak. Somewhere along the line his engine stalled.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.