Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hopkins vs. Wright: Round by Round/Postfight
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Jack 1000
This is our Round by Round and post fight reactions thread for the Hopkins-Wright fight. Please keep all comments about the fight in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
NickBarker
I was going to reply to this in the prediction thread, but it was closed. I have a hard time believing anyone who picked this to be a stoppage. Most would agree that Winky Wright, who is not a power puncher, will not knock out ol' iron chinned Bernard Hopkins. Yet, on the other hand, Hopkins hasn't exactly been known as knockout artist. If he had taken out Tarver when he was landing a lot of flush shots, I would understand a little more about these picks. Sure, Tarver is a bigger man than Wright, but Winky's defense is certainly better than Tarver's.

Looking forward to this getting underway.
_iodine_
will somebody PLEASE help me get the stream going for this. it all says authentication required or connecting to host and i cant SEE anything.
WWE
QUOTE(_iodine_ @ Jul 22 2007, 04:27 AM) [snapback]350048[/snapback]
will somebody PLEASE help me get the stream going for this. it all says authentication required or connecting to host and i cant SEE anything.

There's a live stream of this?? Where?
TheAmblingAlp
QUOTE(WWE @ Jul 21 2007, 06:36 PM) [snapback]350059[/snapback]
There's a live stream of this?? Where?

streamtvnow.com

but you gotta subscribe
Method
Na... There is a free link for this. But I already have it, so I don't need the freebie.
alaganza
QUOTE(Method @ Jul 21 2007, 10:11 PM) [snapback]350107[/snapback]
Na... There is a free link for this. But I already have it, so I don't need the freebie.

Where's the free link bro?
_iodine_
i'm trying to use my brother's streamtv account but it wont let me. it did before. hm
WindyCityP
Give up the free stream Meth
NickBarker
If this fight is close to the previous two, then this will be one of the best PPV cards I've ever seen.
The CEO
T-MONEY
how much longer till they go to the ring?
NickBarker
They're doing the WCB theme so it's getting close.
Warlord
QUOTE(_iodine_ @ Jul 21 2007, 08:27 PM) [snapback]350048[/snapback]

Get the winamp program from the help forum, and then load up channel 20. Its working fine for me.
NickBarker
Kellerman is discussing how significant this fight is for the legacy of both fighters, namely, the winner might be considered the best of his era at and around the weight class.
Rivado
QUOTE(NickBarker @ Jul 21 2007, 08:17 PM) [snapback]350180[/snapback]
Kellerman is discussing how significant this fight is for the legacy of both fighters, namely, the winner might be considered the best of his era at and around the weight class.

Sounds like someone has been hitting the pizzle.
Warlord
Winky coming out, looking gay as always.
NickBarker
Wright is in the ring and Hopkins is entering.
Rivado
trunk colors, theme songs?
Rivado
er walk in music?
NickBarker
QUOTE(Rivado @ Jul 21 2007, 11:20 PM) [snapback]350181[/snapback]
Sounds like someone has been hitting the pizzle.

I'm not sure what to think about it. The only guy that would really be in the argument with these two would be Roy Jones, Jr. If Wright was able to beat Hopkins and win another couple of fights, he could certainly have a dog in the fight.
Warlord
Bernard just standing there, Roach looking like he's about to have a seizure, gripping that water bottle all hard and shit.
NickBarker
QUOTE(Rivado @ Jul 21 2007, 11:22 PM) [snapback]350185[/snapback]
er walk in music?

Hopkins had some higlights played to "Higher Ground" by Stevie Wonder then comes out to some rap; I can't tell what song it is.
Warlord
Hopkins giving a Benoit-style throat slash. Now if only he'd crippler crossface Winky too, that would be awesome.
thehype
PREFIGHT
Wright enters first to some Jay-Z looking calm, cool, collected and ready to make a statement. He winks to the crowd as he makes his way to the ring. Now they play a video of some highlights from Bernard's career. Hopkins enters next in an affliction shirt with a plain blue Everlast robe with the hood covering his eyes. He gives the familiar throat slash before he enters the ring.
T-MONEY
is shane mosley in the ring with tha big ass smile on his face lol
Warlord
Another throat slash, followed by Hops pointing at Winky. That fat kid crying in the background must be a Winky fan.
NickBarker
QUOTE(T-MONEY @ Jul 21 2007, 11:27 PM) [snapback]350191[/snapback]

Mosley is ubiquitous at the Golden Boy events. I see him even more than Oscar.
Boss Hogg
QUOTE(T-MONEY @ Jul 21 2007, 11:27 PM) [snapback]350191[/snapback]

LOL!!! I just pictured Shane's infamous cheesy ass grin.... priceless T-Money.
Rivado
Was there ever an announcement on the numbers for RJJ's last PPV? I wonder how tonites will compare with Jones's.
thehype
ROUND 1
Both men start off cautious. Wright lands a right over the top. Hopkins being defensive...lands some hard right hands on the inside. Hokins lands a quick left hook over the top.Hopkins lands a right as tehy come out of a clinch. Winky lunching in with a left that gets blcoked. A little sloppy so far as they clinchon the inside. Hopkins landing some ugly shots on the inside. WOOOOOOO...hard counter right hand over the top snaps Wright's head back. Winky lunges and misses with a sloppy left hook. Wrightlands a elft down the middle, bugt Hopkins answers with a right of his own. Wright lands a left and Hopkins lands a right to the body. Round to Hopkins.

Hopkins 10 Wright 9
NickBarker
Winky is coming forward and lunging in. Both of them hold when the action gets in close. Nothing really effective is getting done in the first half of the round. Winky lands a nice jab, but Bernard answers back with some a good shot before the second minute is up. Both of them are very flat footed, but Wright comes forward while Hopkins is almost exclusively counterpunching.

This is very close, but I'd be inclined to give the round to Bernard.

10-9 Hopkins
Warlord
QUOTE(Warlord @ Jul 21 2007, 10:28 PM) [snapback]350192[/snapback]
Another throat slash, followed by Hops pointing at Winky. That fat kid crying in the background must be a Winky fan.

Round 1 to Hopkins. He's tagging Winky from angles Wink isn't used to, just like I called it.
Rivado
Sounds like Old Hops is gonna go in for the kill.
T-MONEY
damn we got 4 different views of the fight, good stuff fellas
Rivado
QUOTE(T-MONEY @ Jul 21 2007, 08:33 PM) [snapback]350201[/snapback]
damn we got 4 different views of the fight, good stuff fellas

werd. much props.
Romulus9
Kick his ass, B-Hop!
NickBarker
Winky is definitely controlling the effective aggression category. Bernard is throwing some decent counterpunches, but Wright is blocking almost all of them. Winky just needs to be able to land some more, but as we all know, Hopkins' defense is superb and he loves to hold.

What's different about this round than the first is that Hopkins doesn't have the big thudding punch and Wright's aggression gets more done. Taking that into consideration, I've got the fight even.

10-9 Wright

19-19
thehype
ROUND 2
Wright pressing forward. They trade jabs. Wright misses a 1-2. Hopkins fires a right that's partially blocked and they clinch on the inside. Wright lands a choppin right hand. Another left on the inside lands forWright. Left hook to the body lands for Hopklins. Wright pressing forward. Left hook lands for Wright. 1-2 lands for Hokins. Hopkins lands a left to the body. Short right hook lands for Wright. Hopkinslands a right. 1-2 lans for Hopkins. Wright lands another quick right on the inside. They trade to teh body on the inside. Rigth hook lands for Wright. 1-2 lands for Wright who's walking Hopkins down. Hopkins lands a short right. 1-2 lands for Hopkins. Round to Wright.

Hopkins 19 Wright 19
Warlord
2nd round was close, but Winky gets the nod for effective aggression.
Chico Escuela NYC
Just 2 fucking rounds in and Wright is already forgetting his jab! HOPKINS IS A BEAST AND A MASTER!
_iodine_
Step it up, Wink!!!!
Rivado
Goddamn! It sounds like they both came to fight!
Chico Escuela NYC
WRIGHT IS CUT! WRIGHT IS CUT! BUTT!
NickBarker
Egregious headbutt by Hopkins that gives Wright a pretty bad cut over his left eye.
NickBarker
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jul 21 2007, 11:37 PM) [snapback]350209[/snapback]
But you gave Winky the first.

I mistyped, I wasn't thinking and have since changed it.
Rivado
oh shit!

They are going to stop it!
_iodine_
I really Hate Bernard sometimes.
T-MONEY
so is the fight still on?
thehype
ROUND 3
Wrightlands a jab to start the round. A clash of heads...and Wright is cut. The blood is flowing and the doctor takes a look at it. Wright feels as though the butt was intentioanl...and it may have been given the fact that Hopkins was grinning after the clash of heads. The action resumes. Again they clash heads and the ref warsn both men. Starting to get ungly in there. Hopkins tries to rough him up on teh inside. Right hand lead alnds for Hopkins. Winky pressing. Sweeping left hook partiallyl lands for Hopkins. Right hand lead lands for Hokins. Two body shots land for Hopkins on the inside. Winky lands a left against the ropes and they clinch. 1-2 lans for Hokins. Wright answers with a left. Ugly round to score, but I give it to Hopkins for landing a few more cleaner shots.

Hopkins 29 Wright 28
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.