Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sherk and Franca test positive/ BJ Penn fight off.
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
HaydelHammer
Sherk Positive

Franca Positive

They both file appeal

Quick run down, franca basically can't afford a full years suspension, so the appeal my be for some mercy to lessen the year long suspension.

Sherk said he never even heard of the steroid nandralone
Warlord
In the words of BJ Penn...

"Grow some balls, fight BJ Penn without steroids. That would be cool." laugh.gif
rusty_trombone
who & who tested positive for steroids?
STEVENSKI
Sherk sure looks like a juicer to me.
Mean Mister Mustard
Most of these guys look roided to me. I think one of the indicators is to look at their backs. Look how some muscles are fucking developped. I actually think that in boxing Cotto is on the juice.
stateofthegame
QUOTE(HaydelHammer @ Jul 22 2007, 06:08 AM) [snapback]350037[/snapback]
Sherk said he never even heard of the steroid nandralone

That right there tells you he is lying. This one of the main drugs that the MMA guys test positive for.

You know Sherk is unbelievable. Earlier this week he was talking about Kermit Cintron as Cintron said he would fight Sherk for the UFC title with Sherk's response was "No one knows who Kermit Cintron is, why is that fight important." This came after Dana White offered Floyd Mayweather Jr. 1,000,000 dollars to face Sherk after the DeLahoya fight. Mayweather of course said No, but Cintron said he would do it and Now Dana White and the UFC brass are backing down.

Sherk even had some comments saying that Mayweather vs Sherk in the UFC would do 1,000,000 pus PPV buys. Is he joking, Mayweather's two biggest grossing PPV's has to be DeLahoya and Gatti and those sells had nothing to do with Floyd.

I guess what I am saying is that it does not matter because Sherk is a nobody nad now he will be suspended. Actually steroids is going to kill MMA if they do not do anything about it.
hardhead
QUOTE(stateofthegame @ Jul 22 2007, 08:46 PM) [snapback]350552[/snapback]
That right there tells you he is lying. This one of the main drugs that the MMA guys test positive for.

You know Sherk is unbelievable. Earlier this week he was talking about Kermit Cintron as Cintron said he would fight Sherk for the UFC title with Sherk's response was "No one knows who Kermit Cintron is, why is that fight important." This came after Dana White offered Floyd Mayweather Jr. 1,000,000 dollars to face Sherk after the DeLahoya fight. Mayweather of course said No, but Cintron said he would do it and Now Dana White and the UFC brass are backing down.

Sherk even had some comments saying that Mayweather vs Sherk in the UFC would do 1,000,000 pus PPV buys. Is he joking, Mayweather's two biggest grossing PPV's has to be DeLahoya and Gatti and those sells had nothing to do with Floyd.

I guess what I am saying is that it does not matter because Sherk is a nobody nad now he will be suspended. Actually steroids is going to kill MMA if they do not do anything about it.

I love the fact that this fucking clown got busted like a dumb fuck, at least Mayweather is at the TOP of his sport because he's actually a gifted athlete and boxer who doesn't need to take anything to be the best...What's fucking Sherk's excuse. Fucking clown. What makes it worse is that's his MO, this big strong, cocky wrestler....I don't doubt that he's a strong guy without the shit but obviously you have some insecurities about something if you gotta take steroids to be the best....
ElectricTwinkie
Anyone who has followed Sherk's "career" is not suprised by this. He walks around 185+ and drops 30lbs to fight in the lightwieght division... he was talking about dropping another 60lbs and fighting the middle school league.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE(stateofthegame @ Jul 22 2007, 04:46 PM) [snapback]350552[/snapback]

Yeah I thought the same. It's one of the most popular to test for.

Do any of you guys remember either on VH1 or MTV where they did those shows "so you think you wanna be a (insert whatever here)? or it was "The life of ...insert here)"?

Anyway I remember the one they did on this guy that wanted to be an MMA fighter or he was. On the show this guy actually was taking cycles of roids (he said to get him through training) and then he cycled off and fought. Needless to say he sucked a$$, but it was the simple fact this guy was out in the open ON TV like it was nothing.

You are right S.O.G., roids will bring down MMA especially UFC since they are in the spotlight and the commission gives the testing.
falvoa
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Jul 22 2007, 11:47 AM) [snapback]350481[/snapback]
Most of these guys look roided to me. I think one of the indicators is to look at their backs. Look how some muscles are fucking developped. I actually think that in boxing Cotto is on the juice.

Yeah, that makes sense, the guy has muscles so he MUST be taking steriods rolleyes.gif

go kill urself moron fuck.gif
BrutalBodyShots
Damn, shitty news.
stateofthegame
The deal is that since the Benoit Murder/Suicide I feel that steroids are going to be looked at a lot harder and right now a prime target is the UFC/MMA. The WWE has proven tests where their stars have passed drug tests and ones that fail are suspended (hard to believe but it does happen) or released. It may not always be the case, but at least they have a policy.

The UFC/Dana White's policy is that they will go by what the commission says and follow their guidelines, but the problem if Dana and crew do not care. So what these two guys were caught it enabled Dana to make more money. He did not refund tickets or PPV purchases, but he did take away two purses that added back to the account, and that is what Zuffa and White are about, Money.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE(stateofthegame @ Jul 23 2007, 11:42 PM) [snapback]350750[/snapback]
The deal is that since the Benoit Murder/Suicide I feel that steroids are going to be looked at a lot harder and right now a prime target is the UFC/MMA. The WWE has proven tests where their stars have passed drug tests and ones that fail are suspended (hard to believe but it does happen) or released. It may not always be the case, but at least they have a policy.

The UFC/Dana White's policy is that they will go by what the commission says and follow their guidelines, but the problem if Dana and crew do not care. So what these two guys were caught it enabled Dana to make more money. He did not refund tickets or PPV purchases, but he did take away two purses that added back to the account, and that is what Zuffa and White are about, Money.

They def are about $$$$ just look at some of the payouts for their shows. Here is the last one UFC 73 was $1,551,920.

For starters those TUF guys get "sold" on that "six figure contract" catch phrase. That six figures could be stretched out over fights. These guys rarely to never see 6 figures in one year. Unless you are marketable or a champion you don't even make decent cut, and remember you still have to pay your trainers..etc their cut of the pie.

You might say just become marketable or a champion and you'll get more $$$, but most of these guys are from pride that are getting nice $$$ the others are either tito, randy, chuck, franklin, hughes, pierre...and that's about it that are marketable.BJ.

All the rest of these guys have to get up to that level with families..etc, so they are willing to risk getting caught since they prob take home 5-10 G's after a fight. They have to fight 3 times a yr just to get around 20-30 grr. Not to mention if they get hurt and need time off.

Main Event Fighters

-Anderson Silva: $90,000 (defeated Nathan Marquardt; $45,000 + $45,000 win bonus)

-Nathan Marquardt: $24,000 (lost to Anderson Silva)

Main Card Fighters

-Tito Ortiz: $210,000 (drew with Rashad Evans)

-Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira: $200,000 (defeated Heath Herrin; $100,000 + $100,000 win bonus)

-Heath Herring: $70,000 (lost to Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira)

-Sean Sherk: $28,000 (defeated Hermes Franca; $14,000 + $14,000 win bonus)

-Rashad Evans: $16,000 (drew with Tito Ortiz)

-Kenny Florian: $16,000 (defeated Alvin Robinson; $8,000 + $8,000 win bonus)

-Hermes Franca: $14,000 (lost to Sean Sherk)

-Alvin Robinson: $3,000 (lost to Kenny Florian)

Title Match & Main Event Fighters UFC 71.

-Chuck Liddell: $500,000 (18th fight in UFC; lost to Quinton Jackson)

-Quinton Jackson: $225,000 (2nd fight in UFC after 17 fights in Pride; defeated Chuck Liddell)

Main Card Fighters

-Karo Parisyan: $32,000 (9th fight in UFC; defeated Josh Burkman)

-Ivan Salaverry: $17,500 (6th fight in UFC; lost to Terry Martin)

-Terry Martin: $12,000 (4th fight in UFC; defeated Ivan Salaverry)

-Kalib Starnes: $10,000 (3rd fight in UFC; defeated Chris Leben)

-Chris Leben: $10,000 (9th fight in UFC; lost to Kalib Starnes)

-Houston Alexander: $8,000 (1st fight in UFC; defeated Keith Jardine)

-Josh Burkman: $7,000 (6th fight in UFC; lost to Karo Parisyan)

-Keith Jardine: $7,000 (6th fight in UFC; lost to Houston Alexander)

Preliminary Match Fighters

-Din Thomas: $28,000 (7th fight in UFC; defeated Jeremy Stephens)

-Wilson Gouveia: $16,000 (4th fight in UFC; defeated Carmelo Marrero)

-Thiago Silva: $16,000 (1st fight in UFC; defeated James Irvin)

-Alan Belcher: $14,000 (4th fight in UFC; defeated Sean Salmon)

-James Irvin: $7,000 (5th fight in UFC; lost to Thiago Silva)

-Carmelo Marrero: $5,000 (3rd fight in UFC; lost to Wilson Gouveia)

-Sean Salmon: $3,000 (2nd fight in UFC; lost to Alan Belcher)

-Jeremy Stephens: $3,000 (1st fight in UFC; lost to Din Thomas)

In closing, I'm still waiting to find out how Johnnie Morton's purse was 100,000 grand with zero fights under his belt and this wasn't the "big dog" UFC that he was fighting for. Even with his name..etc. 100,000????? Look at sherks payout and he's a title holder in the UFC. LOL
Warlord
QUOTE(HaydelHammer @ Jul 24 2007, 08:21 AM) [snapback]350760[/snapback]
They def are about $$$$ just look at some of the payouts for their shows. Here is the last one UFC 73 was $1,551,920.

For starters those TUF guys get "sold" on that "six figure contract" catch phrase. That six figures could be stretched out over fights. These guys rarely to never see 6 figures in one year. Unless you are marketable or a champion you don't even make decent cut, and remember you still have to pay your trainers..etc their cut of the pie.

You might say just become marketable or a champion and you'll get more $$$, but most of these guys are from pride that are getting nice $$$ the others are either tito, randy, chuck, franklin, hughes, pierre...and that's about it that are marketable.BJ.

All the rest of these guys have to get up to that level with families..etc, so they are willing to risk getting caught since they prob take home 5-10 G's after a fight. They have to fight 3 times a yr just to get around 20-30 grr. Not to mention if they get hurt and need time off.
Main Event Fighters

-Anderson Silva: $90,000 (defeated Nathan Marquardt; $45,000 + $45,000 win bonus)

-Nathan Marquardt: $24,000 (lost to Anderson Silva)
Main Card Fighters

-Tito Ortiz: $210,000 (drew with Rashad Evans)

-Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira: $200,000 (defeated Heath Herrin; $100,000 + $100,000 win bonus)

-Heath Herring: $70,000 (lost to Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira)

-Sean Sherk: $28,000 (defeated Hermes Franca; $14,000 + $14,000 win bonus)

-Rashad Evans: $16,000 (drew with Tito Ortiz)

-Kenny Florian: $16,000 (defeated Alvin Robinson; $8,000 + $8,000 win bonus)

-Hermes Franca: $14,000 (lost to Sean Sherk)

-Alvin Robinson: $3,000 (lost to Kenny Florian)
Title Match & Main Event Fighters UFC 71.

-Chuck Liddell: $500,000 (18th fight in UFC; lost to Quinton Jackson)

-Quinton Jackson: $225,000 (2nd fight in UFC after 17 fights in Pride; defeated Chuck Liddell)
Main Card Fighters

-Karo Parisyan: $32,000 (9th fight in UFC; defeated Josh Burkman)

-Ivan Salaverry: $17,500 (6th fight in UFC; lost to Terry Martin)

-Terry Martin: $12,000 (4th fight in UFC; defeated Ivan Salaverry)

-Kalib Starnes: $10,000 (3rd fight in UFC; defeated Chris Leben)

-Chris Leben: $10,000 (9th fight in UFC; lost to Kalib Starnes)

-Houston Alexander: $8,000 (1st fight in UFC; defeated Keith Jardine)

-Josh Burkman: $7,000 (6th fight in UFC; lost to Karo Parisyan)

-Keith Jardine: $7,000 (6th fight in UFC; lost to Houston Alexander)
Preliminary Match Fighters

-Din Thomas: $28,000 (7th fight in UFC; defeated Jeremy Stephens)

-Wilson Gouveia: $16,000 (4th fight in UFC; defeated Carmelo Marrero)

-Thiago Silva: $16,000 (1st fight in UFC; defeated James Irvin)

-Alan Belcher: $14,000 (4th fight in UFC; defeated Sean Salmon)

-James Irvin: $7,000 (5th fight in UFC; lost to Thiago Silva)

-Carmelo Marrero: $5,000 (3rd fight in UFC; lost to Wilson Gouveia)

-Sean Salmon: $3,000 (2nd fight in UFC; lost to Alan Belcher)

-Jeremy Stephens: $3,000 (1st fight in UFC; lost to Din Thomas)
In closing, I'm still waiting to find out how Johnnie Morton's purse was 100,000 grand with zero fights under his belt and this wasn't the "big dog" UFC that he was fighting for. Even with his name..etc. 100,000????? Look at sherks payout and he's a title holder in the UFC. LOL

Johnnie Morton got paid because he was fighting for EliteXC, a new organization who actually pays their fighters. Frank Shamrock was paid over $1,000,000, including purse, endorsements, etc... to sign with EliteXC. The reason, I think, why these fighters are getting paid more than at UFC is because EliteXC was started by long time boxing promotor Gary Shaw, along with the Showtime Network and ProElite. You've got a bunch of experienced sports entertainment vets right here, with years of experience behind them, who know that your fighters need to be the face of the sport, and not your owner.

I really don't care for EliteXC myself, but I do like the way they are running their business, and I think they could be a problem for Dana White in the future if he doesn't get his act together. Dana needs to STFU, start paying his fighters, and stop worrying about becoming a celebrity and frontman for the UFC. Your fighters are the face of your sport. Let them rise or fall based on what they bring to the ring, and go from there.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE(Warlord @ Jul 24 2007, 02:23 PM) [snapback]350784[/snapback]
Johnnie Morton got paid because he was fighting for EliteXC, a new organization who actually pays their fighters. Frank Shamrock was paid over $1,000,000, including purse, endorsements, etc... to sign with EliteXC. The reason, I think, why these fighters are getting paid more than at UFC is because EliteXC was started by long time boxing promotor Gary Shaw, along with the Showtime Network and ProElite. You've got a bunch of experienced sports entertainment vets right here, with years of experience behind them, who know that your fighters need to be the face of the sport, and not your owner.

I really don't care for EliteXC myself, but I do like the way they are running their business, and I think they could be a problem for Dana White in the future if he doesn't get his act together. Dana needs to STFU, start paying his fighters, and stop worrying about becoming a celebrity and frontman for the UFC. Your fighters are the face of your sport. Let them rise or fall based on what they bring to the ring, and go from there.

Thanks for the Intel on Elite. Didn't know that. Good stuff.

I'm not a fan of Dana either.

I agree he needs to start paying his fighters a decent overall amount. I remember on stephen Dana went on about how boxing had no pension, fighters getting paid nothing ...etc! Well......where is his fighters pension? Hell, where is the $$$$$? lol

My portfolio doesn't handle bullsh*t, so I don't buy into his at all.
hardhead
QUOTE(Warlord @ Jul 24 2007, 06:23 PM) [snapback]350784[/snapback]

Even though as Boxing fan I've heard a lot of negative things about Shaw, that Elite XC card was highly entertaining and very well put together IMO and the level of skills(not too far off UFC IMO) wasn't bad either, take away the top two fights on the UFC cards and you got mostly a bunch of TUF bums who aint shit. Obviously it doesn't have the big names like UFC but if they use their connections with Showtime(exposure) and pay the fighters(like mentioned more then UFC) and get a couple big name guys, they could build a nice stable of fighters to compete.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.