Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Golden Boy…the new GOD FATHER of boxing!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
RealPuya
I am not a Winky FAN!!! Boring..ect...but I scored the fight 114-114…draw..115-113…can be 115- 113 or 116-112 most to even side…but 117-111…came on!!! There’s a problem over here!!! Even doe a told everyone Hop was going to win this fight!!! angry2.gif
RealPuya
QUOTE(RealPuya @ Jul 22 2007, 12:57 AM) [snapback]350371[/snapback]
I am not a Winky FAN!!! Boring..ect...but I scored the fight 114-114…draw..115-113…can be 115- 113 or 116-112 most to even side…but 117-111…come on!!! There’s a problem over here!!! Even doe a told everyone Hop was going to win this fight!!! angry2.gif

Southeastpaw
I agree that 117-111 was a bit Wack. But I do believe that Hops won that fight. Hops just roughed Wink up and made it obvious towardds the end of the fight that he was the stronger fighter. I had it 115-113.
Method
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Jul 22 2007, 01:11 AM) [snapback]350375[/snapback]
I agree that 117-111 was a bit Wack. But I do believe that Hops won that fight. Hops just roughed Wink up and made it obvious towardds the end of the fight that he was the stronger fighter. I had it 115-113.

I had as wide as the majority as the judges. Yall can suck my dick. Told y'all. Ambling fucking alp. You're lucky you're pussy ass had NO balls to bet REAL.

Can SOMEBODY get us footage of Wink's afterparty? My money says Winks a lil cunt and caslls it off....I mean...how can you roll with it and be a loser?
RealPuya
QUOTE(Method @ Jul 22 2007, 01:25 AM) [snapback]350381[/snapback]
I had as wide as the majority as the judges. Yall can suck my dick. Told y'all. Ambling fucking alp. You're lucky you're pussy ass had NO balls to bet REAL.

Can SOMEBODY get us footage of Wink's afterparty? My money says Winks a lil cunt and caslls it off....I mean...how can you roll with it and be a loser?

Method...in all your posting I had a lot of respect...even when I was not a fan of HOP...you make me one of them...but tonite you are talking SHIT!!! It was not as wide you dream for!!! Judges and You are GOLDEN BOY...!!! What ever you want to call Yourselves!
rusty_trombone
I had as wide as the majority as the judges.

How surprising. I'd be surprised if you even scored one round for Wright.
rusty_trombone
You're lucky you're pussy ass had NO balls to bet REAL.

otherwise, you would have had to e-break his e-knees.
NickBarker
The Hopkins fans will see what they want to see. I scored it for Hopkins, but I think 117-111 was too wide. I don't think I can accept that Hopkins won 9-3.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Method @ Jul 22 2007, 05:25 AM) [snapback]350381[/snapback]

thumbsup_anim.gif Told yall Meth is pissed as a fart tonite. Drinkin beer & punchin hot ones all night I say. I bet he is passed out on the couch now with a 1/2 finished beer in his hand.
JD
I had 116-113.

Neither guy landed all that much clean, it's just that what did land for Winky was a jab and what did land for Bernard was his right and some hooks.

You could see that neither guy was used to missing or having that many of their punches blocked.
Mean Mister Mustard
Yeah scores were not perfect especially considering the in-fighting going on. This wasn't a Marquez-Barerrea type affair because at least in that fight JMM was getting tagged but landing the harder cleaner shots. In this one it was very hard to give it to either guy.
Method
Method...in all your posting I had a lot of respect...even when I was not a fan of HOP...you make me one of them...but tonite you are talking SHIT!!! It was not as wide you dream for!!! Judges and You are GOLDEN BOY...!!! What ever you want to call Yourselves!

Rivado (or whoever you are hiding behind some bullshit s/n), I had the fight scored how I had it scored.... You can only scroe rounds 10-10, 10-9, 10-8, or, in rare cases 10-7. I had Hopkins in a 10-1 and 1 scenario, and I was on the phone with a friend whose oopinion I respect, and when we spoke between rounds, it wasn't me dictating the action (or non) to him...he had it the same way. In the Wright corner in the championship rounds, you can LITERALLY hear them talking about how fucked up Wright is getting.

Whatever, man. All good. VERY tough fight to score....probably one of the toughest. I based it on clean punching, ring generalship, in fighting, defense, who took who out of their game.... It was all close, but Hopkins just had the edge, IMO. I don't think there's any doubt.

Just look at the two guys after the fight.

...oh, and for the record, compubox can eat a dick....these cats, as well as Letterman and Manny, had Winky ahead big... Bull fucking shit...and Manny's cunt black ass hedged hard at the end.

Trumbone, don't know if your stateside or not, but if you want to meet up at a fight, I'd be more than happy to oblige. Im the furthest thing from a "keyboard gangster", and anyone that has met or ever talked to me knows that ANYTHING I ever represented myself as out here is the deal.
_iodine_
The final score doesn't shock me one bit. the judges that saw the close rounds for bernard still saw close rounds, they just saw them for who they thought got more done and did more damage. 117/111 doesn't necessarily mean a fighter dominated, it just means, in a couple judges eyes, that a lot of very close rounds went to the guy who they thought did just enough to win those rounds.

I wanna thank everyone who did a round by round on this thread last night. I wasn't even watching but Hype, Nick, and a couple others were doing a fine job, from different perspectives, at keeping those of us in the dark informed and intrigued.
Jack 1000
Duplicate thread...........CLOSED.

Scoring of the Hopkins-Wright fight should be discussed in the pinned up round by round/post fight thread provided.

Jack

Administrator
Method
Let the thread play out. Ben mentioned the overmoderating. Let the guys post the threads they want to post (to an extent). No harm and no foul here.

Game on.
PrfPmp
I had it 117-111, Hopkins. He controlled the ENTIRE fight, except for the third round (i think it was the 3rd)
Hopkins was roughing him up and catching winky with the counter right to the body almost every time he came in, and that, along with alot of clean head and liver shots on the inside, took its toll late in the fight on Wink.
I think Hopkins couldve stopped him with another two rounds to work with
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Method @ Jul 22 2007, 10:37 AM) [snapback]350457[/snapback]
Trumbone, don't know if your stateside or not, but if you want to meet up at a fight, I'd be more than happy to oblige. Im the furthest thing from a "keyboard gangster", and anyone that has met or ever talked to me knows that ANYTHING I ever represented myself as out here is the deal.

i know, you're one bad ass mother tha won't take no shit off no one.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Method @ Jul 22 2007, 11:05 AM) [snapback]350461[/snapback]
Let the thread play out. Ben mentioned the overmoderating. Let the guys post the threads they want to post (to an extent). No harm and no foul here.

Game on.

thank you method.
pacco_diablo
It boils down to future fights in the LTHW division. Winky cant hold it down and isnt a strong representative in the divsion. Anything close was given to Hops. Judges must be briefed before the fights and given all the possible implications of possible outcomes.
Jack 1000
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Jul 22 2007, 10:16 AM) [snapback]350468[/snapback]
thank you method.

No problem.

Jack
Method
i know, you're one bad ass mother tha won't take no shit off no one.
That's not what I meant, R.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Method @ Jul 22 2007, 11:31 AM) [snapback]350476[/snapback]
That's not what I meant, R.

i know, i'm just messing with you man. you should know that by now.
Rivado
QUOTE(Method @ Jul 22 2007, 07:37 AM) [snapback]350457[/snapback]
Rivado (or whoever you are hiding behind some bullshit s/n), I had the fight scored how I had it scored.... You can only scroe rounds 10-10, 10-9, 10-8, or, in rare cases 10-7. I had Hopkins in a 10-1 and 1 scenario, and I was on the phone with a friend whose oopinion I respect, and when we spoke between rounds, it wasn't me dictating the action (or non) to him...he had it the same way. In the Wright corner in the championship rounds, you can LITERALLY hear them talking about how fucked up Wright is getting.

Whatever, man. All good. VERY tough fight to score....probably one of the toughest. I based it on clean punching, ring generalship, in fighting, defense, who took who out of their game.... It was all close, but Hopkins just had the edge, IMO. I don't think there's any doubt.

Just look at the two guys after the fight.

...oh, and for the record, compubox can eat a dick....these cats, as well as Letterman and Manny, had Winky ahead big... Bull fucking shit...and Manny's cunt black ass hedged hard at the end.

I hope that is the beer talking. You should know better.
thehype
LMAO at all the monkey avatars.

I love it.

WAR Monkeys!!!!

laugh.gif
RealPuya
QUOTE(Method @ Jul 22 2007, 10:37 AM) [snapback]350457[/snapback]

WOW…You are really a Hop fan…I don’t get pay a dime if Hop wins or not…so I don’t give a shit who wins or not. I just express my opinion...I respect yours but it looks like when somebody talks about Hop you take it very personal…I’m a boxing fan and not a boxer fan, so I can’t understand why you get so personal…but I really don’t care. I’m not a "keyboard gangster", so whenever you are in Puerto Rico just let me know…or we just hangout and drinks some beers drinks.gif …or we get ignorant and fight…really don’t care.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.