Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How 'bout that Katsidis?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Ironhead
What are your opinions on this kid?
MarzB
The dude punches "HARD AS HELL",lol. Wow. I was amazed at both of them actually and how committed to their punches they are.

Joel Cassamayor the crybaby now has someone he can call out that would probably be (more) than wiling to fight him.
buford54
Nothing but impressed. He walked right through everything to hit Amonsot and every punch had murderous intentions.
That was a great fight.
Ironhead
QUOTE(MarzB @ Jul 22 2007, 12:34 PM) [snapback]350500[/snapback]
The dude punches "HARD AS HELL",lol. Wow. I was amazed at both of them actually and how committed to their punches they are.

Joel Cassamayor the crybaby now has someone he can call out that would probably be (more) than wiling to fight him.

Casamayor and Katsidis fight could be interesting and a foul fest too, but I think a Katsidis and Juan Diaz fight would be better.
Spyder
Katsidis is like the new Arturo Gatti.

That man is tough as nails, and he can pop too. With all of the names at that weight, I see him being in a few "Fight of the Year".
NickBarker
I think he assured himself a place on a whole bunch of GBP cards in the future.
Bill The Butcher
Katsidis won me over big time as a fan. Last night was the first time I seen him fight. He is exciting to see live, the crowd was getting into it.

I really dig his ring walk. And his style is great. But I think he definitely needs to add a few things to his fight game.

I haven't seen his other fights, so I don't know how he did in those. But I can understand that he gets tired sometimes by throwing all of those punches, but he needs to learn to throw the occasional jab and feint when there is a lull in his attack. Because it seemed like the only time the other fighter (Sorry don't know his name.) got anything off, was when Katsidis wasn't punching back. If only Katsidis would have threw the jab and feints along with his lateral movement, his opponent would have even thrown less.
Dirtball
QUOTE(NickBarker @ Jul 22 2007, 12:23 PM) [snapback]350510[/snapback]
I think he assured himself a place on a whole bunch of GBP cards in the future.

Does anyone have a great picture of Katsidis eye?

Thanks in advance.
BigG
Katsidis has already been in 2 great fights this year.

Katsidis-Diaz would be an awesome fight...hope that happens down the line.

I think he should be kept away from fighters like Casamayor and Raheem...
Ironhead
What I think he needs is better conditioning if he is planning on throwing so many punches every round and he definitely needs a good jab and better defense too, but other than that he is exciting as hell to watch
JD
I like this dude and will tune in and root for him whenever he steps in the ring.
STEVENSKI
Bet he is feelin rough today.
NickBarker
I can't imagine the heart it would take to get through the fight with those cuts, not to mention win it.
durhamshardest
Hes been one of my favourite since seeing him fight graham Earl last year

- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yltlYLPx16w

He was meant to fight Guzman but it fell through that wudve been a corker!!!!!
gods son
he is a warrior!!!!
singletrack
Tough guy, good power, exciting, cuts and swells easily...needs a real cutman.
The CEO
Just watched the fight...add Katsidis to Cotto and Pavlik as another MUST WATCH fighter....not only does he bring it...he lays it on the table and opens it up IMMEDIATELY...you can't resist rooting for his style and refuse to lose mentality...

Props to Amonsot for being a warrior and withstanding Hell as well...
Maxy
Like Durham, I started watching Katsidis after his get off the floor war with Graham Earl. He is definitely the type of fighter who brings it all to the table, someone that is guaranteed to be in a good fight. This last one was no exception. Great fight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.