Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: (VIDEO) HOPKINS: "I CAN FIGHT ANOTHER FOUR YEARS IF I WANT TO!"
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
thehype
HOPKINS: "I CAN FIGHT ANOTHER FOUR YEARS IF I WANT TO!"

FightHype.com was on hand at the Hopkins-Wright post-fight press conference where light heavyweight king Bernard "The Executioner" Hopkins talked about the scuffle that occurred during the weigh-in as well as his performance in his win over Winky Wright. Check it out!

click here to watch video
NickBarker
For as much as I dislike his style, it would be nothing but impressive if Hopkins could go on at this high of a level into his late 40s. However, I think his days are numbered if he fights the right guys.
thehype
QUOTE(NickBarker @ Jul 22 2007, 01:49 PM) [snapback]350518[/snapback]
For as much as I dislike his style, it would be nothing but impressive if Hopkins could go on at this high of a level into his late 40s. However, I think his days are numbered if he fights the right guys.

Agreed. I'm not so sure he'd want to fight a young guy like Chad Dawson.

laugh.gif @ the baboon avatar...let me know if you need a new title to match it.
Rabbit Punch2
QUOTE(thehype @ Jul 22 2007, 11:08 AM) [snapback]350520[/snapback]
Agreed. I'm not so sure he'd want to fight a young guy like Chad Dawson.

If he does it the time is NOW. Chad is just going to get better and it won't hurt is legacy at 42+ to lose to an up & comer with the kind skills I think Dawson has .
Tha Docta
QUOTE(Rabbit Punch2 @ Jul 23 2007, 01:28 PM) [snapback]350653[/snapback]
If he does it the time is NOW. Chad is just going to get better and it won't hurt is legacy at 42+ to lose to an up & comer with the kind skills I think Dawson has .

a strong guy with a high punch output is going to be dangerous for hops. i think someone like calzaghe is going to be a real problem for hops. he just cant match the punch output anymore.
BigG
Hopkins is past his prime, and still beating top fighters. He has absolutely nothing left to prove.

But since he isn't retiring, bring on Bad Chad and a rematch with Roy
Maxy
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jul 23 2007, 12:37 PM) [snapback]350656[/snapback]
Hopkins is past his prime, and still beating top fighters. He has absolutely nothing left to prove.

But since he isn't retiring, bring on Bad Chad and a rematch with Roy

I'd like to see him box Jones again if he is going to fight on but Jones has said he won't box Hopkins again.
Big Slim Sweet
I think the one fight that Hopkins really, really wants is still the remach with Roy. I think that's a major source of motivation for him at this point.

But I'd like to see Hopkins-Dawson more.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Jul 23 2007, 01:50 PM) [snapback]350659[/snapback]
I think the one fight that Hopkins really, really wants is still the remach with Roy. I think that's a major source of motivation for him at this point.

But I'd like to see Hopkins-Dawson more.

a fight with roy would be waaay more lucrative than a fight with dawson. the dawson fight would look better on his resume, but thats it.

i would rather watch hops fight roy and then call it a day.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Jul 23 2007, 01:53 PM) [snapback]350661[/snapback]
a fight with roy would be waaay more lucrative than a fight with dawson. the dawson fight would look better on his resume, but thats it.

i would rather watch hops fight roy and then call it a day.

I don't necessarily think a Dawson win would look better than a Jones win on Hopkins' resume.

Dawson has a good win and a decent win on his resume and that's it IMO. Jones while past his prime has a lot of good wins on his resume and most importantly one is over Hopkins.

I think it always is a good thing legacy-wise for a fighter to avenge their losses. Dawson at this point hasn't accomplished much more than a Michael Grant and we saw how his career ended up. Looking back would it have been more important legacy wise for Lewis to beat Grant or to avenge the Rahman loss?

Hopkins' legacy as far as I'm concerned is already set due to his great reign at 160 and win over Tarver at 175. If he wants to add anything else to his resume I would say avenge the Jones/Taylor losses or win a title in a different division... 168 would make the most sense as far as that goes.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.