Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "The Latin Lover" Julio Garcia on WCL
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Rivado
I was flipping through channels earlier today and I happened to catch a fight from the World Combat League. Good little scrap, btw. Then to my surprise as I noticed that one of the fighters looked like Julio Garcia, "The Latin Lover". When one of the announcers mentions the fighter's name as "Garcia" and then as "Julio" I realized that it was Julio Garcia.
falvoa
QUOTE(Rivado @ Jul 22 2007, 03:46 PM) [snapback]350539[/snapback]
I was flipping through channels earlier today and I happened to catch a fight from the World Combat League. Good little scrap, btw. Then to my surprise as I noticed that one of the fighters looked like Julio Garcia, "The Latin Lover". When one of the announcers mentions the fighter's name as "Garcia" and then as "Julio" I realized that it was Julio Garcia.

Wow, maybe the Cubano can rebound his career in the WCL. He was coming up in boxing at one point, as a lower level contender at least, always put on a good show, but then everyone started knocking him out. aggressive.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
I remember that after Candelo knocked him out everyone said that Candelo would KO Vargas.
Rivado
Tony Weeks was reffing one of the fights as well. Small world.

Garcia hasn't boxed in a good while. I don't know it he will be back. He lost the WCL fight too.

I think The Candelo from a few years ago was as tough as a journeyman fighter could be and would give anyone a good fight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.