Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: (VIDEO) MOSLEY: "I FEEL THAT FLOYD RIGHT NOW IS GROWING FEATHERS!"
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
thehype
MOSLEY: "I FEEL THAT FLOYD RIGHT NOW IS GROWING FEATHERS!"

Three-time world champion "Sugar" Shane Mosley discusses his take on Hopkins' win over Winky Wright, his future plans and much more. "If he's a man about it, he'll come and see me" stated Mosley as he made it clear that his first choice for his next opponent is Floyd Mayweather Jr. If that fight can't happen, Mosley names several other potential opponents, including jr. welterweight king Ricky Hatton, IBF welterweight champion Kermit Cintron or WBA welterweight champion Miguel Cotto, who he's already had discussions with. Check out what else he had to say!

click here to watch video
Don Flamenco
QUOTE(thehype @ Jul 22 2007, 11:51 PM) [snapback]350613[/snapback]
MOSLEY: "I FEEL THAT FLOYD RIGHT NOW IS GROWING FEATHERS!"

Three-time world champion "Sugar" Shane Mosley discusses his take on Hopkins' win over Winky Wright, his future plans and much more. "If he's a man about it, he'll come and see me" stated Mosley as he made it clear that his first choice for his next opponent is Floyd Mayweather Jr. If that fight can't happen, Mosley names several other potential opponents, including jr. welterweight king Ricky Hatton, IBF welterweight champion Kermit Cintron or WBA welterweight champion Miguel Cotto, who he's already had discussions with. Check out what else he had to say!

click here to watch video

It's great to finally start getting these vids for free again. Thank you Fighthype.com!

STEVENSKI
Yeah Hype is the man pure & simple. I hope this site is takin off bigtime.

thehype
No problem whatsoever.

You know us monkeys never really did understand the meaning of the dollar bill.

laugh.gif

Just make sure you spread the word...scream it loud and proud from your nests in the tree tops.

MONKEYS UNITE!!!!!

laugh.gif
Tha Docta
thanks for the free video. good stuff.

is floyd going to try to avoid this fight by saying he doesnt fight sparring partners?? ive always felt that floyd would have a very tough time with mosley and i really want this fight to happen.

Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Jul 23 2007, 09:43 AM) [snapback]350640[/snapback]
is floyd going to try to avoid this fight by saying he doesnt fight sparring partners??

It appears so, yes. He's using that excuse along with the, 'He had his chance last year but said he had a toothache' bullshit. As if any of that means a damn thing to real boxing fans who just want to see them fight.

Oh, and excellent work with the free video, Hype. Thanks!
Maxy
If Mayweather wants to leave the sport with a great legacy behind him then it's way too early to walk away now. There are too many big fights out there for him and a bout VS Mosley is a test, a challenge, he shouldn't turn his back on.

Mayweather's a brilliant boxer but he'll never be an all-time great in my eyes until he beats some of the other top fighters in and around his weight class.
singletrack
Nice vid - thanks! Sounds like the Cotto fight is going to get made unless PBF swoops in and takes the fight with Mosley. I'll make my prediction now - Mosley is getting stopped for the first time in his career : P Let the flaming begin.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(singletrack @ Jul 23 2007, 02:01 PM) [snapback]350664[/snapback]
Nice vid - thanks! Sounds like the Cotto fight is going to get made unless PBF swoops in and takes the fight with Mosley. I'll make my prediction now - Mosley is getting stopped for the first time in his career : P Let the flaming begin.

that is crazy. mosley is a tough sob and cotto would be in for the fight of his life. i think mosley stops cotto, or wins a UD. he has much more in his arsenal than judah.
singletrack
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Jul 23 2007, 02:30 PM) [snapback]350668[/snapback]
that is crazy. mosley is a tough sob and cotto would be in for the fight of his life. i think mosley stops cotto, or wins a UD. he has much more in his arsenal than judah.

I expect it to be the toughest fight of his career, and I expect him to rise to the occasion. Mosley doesn't have enough power, IMO, to stop Cotto. We aren't talking gordito Vargas here : )

Much more in his arsenal than Judah? Ehhhh, I dunno about that. He MIGHT be marginally quicker, he has less power, and is certainly tougher. Obviously, he is a much smarter fighter than Judah and receives good instruction. Of course, he is not in his prime anymore. I just don't see him doing enough damage to keep Cotto away, which will result in massive internal bleeding and a late stoppage : )
Tha Docta
QUOTE(singletrack @ Jul 23 2007, 02:49 PM) [snapback]350670[/snapback]
I expect it to be the toughest fight of his career, and I expect him to rise to the occasion. Mosley doesn't have enough power, IMO, to stop Cotto. We aren't talking gordito Vargas here : )

Much more in his arsenal than Judah? Ehhhh, I dunno about that. He MIGHT be marginally quicker, he has less power, and is certainly tougher. Obviously, he is a much smarter fighter than Judah and receives good instruction. Of course, he is not in his prime anymore. I just don't see him doing enough damage to keep Cotto away, which will result in massive internal bleeding and a late stoppage : )

i believe that shane is a much stronger fighter than judah. mentally, he has a decisive edge over judah as well. and as far as their power, shane is a strong puncher at welter. i dont think judah has more power than him. shane is also a much better body puncher than judah. i think shane is a legit 147lber, while judah is a blown up 140lb fighter that should probably head back down to 140.

Big Slim Sweet
I agree with tha Doc. While Zab may have more one shot pop, overall Shane's punches do more cumulative damage throughout the course of the fight, the main reasons being the body work he puts in plus the fact that he fights hard for 12 rounds instead of only 4. Shane is also a physically stronger man than Zab whose body should be able to hold up better against Cotto's attack.

All that said, I have this a 50/50 fight. Cotto has made a believer out of me and as a Mosley fan there are other fights I would much rather see him take because, win or lose, I think Cotto takes a big piece out of Shane and shortens the remainder of his career considerably.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Jul 23 2007, 03:52 PM) [snapback]350673[/snapback]
I agree with tha Doc. While Zab may have more one shot pop, overall Shane's punches do more cumulative damage throughout the course of the fight, the main reasons being the body work he puts in plus the fact that he fights hard for 12 rounds instead of only 4. Shane is also a physically stronger man than Zab whose body should be able to hold up better against Cotto's attack.

All that said, I have this a 50/50 fight. Cotto has made a believer out of me and as a Mosley fan there are other fights I would much rather see him take because, win or lose, I think Cotto takes a big piece out of Shane and shortens the remainder of his career considerably.

who knows how much longer shanes career will last anyway. hes getting a little long in the tooth. i just feel that shanes just a much more well rounded fighter than judah. i see shane winning a UD or possibly stopping cotto. but who knows, its not as if ive been nostradamus with my fight predictions lately.

and these tough fights that cotto is getting arent going to prolong his career either. im sure that judah fight took a little out of him.
_iodine_
This is the fight that must happen. It simply must happen. But I do believe Mosley should fight and beat one of the other guys he mentioned as it will further boost his credibility and give mayweather less room to duck'n'slide his way out of the fight from actually happening.

thehype
Just for the record, I'd like to give a big thanks to Kenny Nam who was willing to do the work to get the footage.

Thanks Kenny.

And also for the record, I think Mosley beats Cotto, but it would be a good fight either way. Win, lose or draw, both Mosley and Cotto are usually in entertaining fights....the same can't be said for Floyd. Don't get me wrong, Floyd, like Hopkins, is a brilliant fighter....they just don't always rise to the occassion when it comes to entertainment.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(thehype @ Jul 23 2007, 04:28 PM) [snapback]350676[/snapback]
Just for the record, I'd like to give a big thanks to Kenny Nam who was willing to do the work to get the footage.

Thanks Kenny.

And also for the record, I think Mosley beats Cotto, but it would be a good fight either way. Win, lose or draw, both Mosley and Cotto are usually in entertaining fights....the same can't be said for Floyd. Don't get me wrong, Floyd, like Hopkins, is a brilliant fighter....they just don't always rise to the occassion when it comes to entertainment.

i agree. but i think floyds main problem is that hes fighting about 2 or 3 divisions above where he should be. he just cant hurt these guys at this weight. at 130lbs, he would still be the monster that destroyed corrales.

cotto vs mosley would be a cant miss fight for sure. both guys bring it.
Big Slim Sweet
I guess I just want Shane to get one more crack at the top while he hopefully still has enough left.

I want to see him fight the number one guy now, not the heir apparent.
Imperius3
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Jul 23 2007, 09:43 AM) [snapback]350640[/snapback]
is floyd going to try to avoid this fight by saying he doesnt fight sparring partners??

If so, that's a pretty weak excuse.

It also makes Mayweather look bad. I mean Mayweather just had his best win against DLH. Well, Mosley has already beat DLH twice, which would mean Mayweather just beat a SPARRING PARTNER'S LEFTOVERS. Way to cheapen your own best win, Floyd.
AKay
Thanks Kenny!
Will
BrutalBodyShots
A little off topic here, but in that interview Mosley is asked what he thought of the Margarito-Williams fight.

In his reply he says that he has not seen the fight.

What do you guys think of that?

I mean as a top fighter you've GOT to think that these guys watch other top fighters fight, ESPECIALLY if they are in YOUR DIVISION! I mean Mosley could wind up fighting one of these guys down the road, and he didn't watch the fight?

I find that hard to believe.

BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jul 23 2007, 07:47 PM) [snapback]350720[/snapback]
Yeah, I thought he would have seen it as well, but I'm not sure what he does in his free time or what responsibilities he may of had that day, but I can bet he will go back and watch the fight if necessary.

Even if he was busy the night of the fight or whatever he had to have DVR'd the fight. To me that would be like a presidential candidate saying that they don't read the paper or watch the news.

spice718
Shane watches most of the fights but it is almost impossible for him to watch all. But he does get a play by play by his team and is always informed on how the fights went down. It really isnt necassary for him to watch all the fights. When he gets an opponent he gets approximately 5 fights of the opponent and studies and watches them.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(spice718 @ Jul 24 2007, 03:40 PM) [snapback]350799[/snapback]
Shane watches most of the fights but it is almost impossible for him to watch all. But he does get a play by play by his team and is always informed on how the fights went down. It really isnt necassary for him to watch all the fights. When he gets an opponent he gets approximately 5 fights of the opponent and studies and watches them.

sounds like bs to me. the same bs that floyd talks when people ask him about fighters and he pretends he's never heard of them. i think all of these guys watch each others fights but are too damn proud to admit it. especially if these guys are in your own weight class.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Jul 24 2007, 03:43 PM) [snapback]350801[/snapback]
sounds like bs to me. the same bs that floyd talks when people ask him about fighters and he pretends he's never heard of them. i think all of these guys watch each others fights but are too damn proud to admit it. especially if these guys are in your own weight class.

i think it would be pretty stupid of them not too.
spice718
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Jul 24 2007, 03:43 PM) [snapback]350801[/snapback]

Pride has nothing to do with it. Of course Shane watches other fighters you see him at almost all GBP events so that is a stupid remark. FYI we were stranded in PA on the night the Margarito fight took place. We do not drop everything to watch a fight but if it is worth watching he makes a point to have someone send it. As for T.V Shane only watches boxing when he turns a TV on or ESPN. He doesn't watch anything else. He has absolutely NO idea who Brad Pitt even is.
spice718
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Jul 24 2007, 04:00 PM) [snapback]350810[/snapback]
i think it would be pretty stupid of them not too.

Stupid how?
Of course if an opponent is considered he is studied first.
Yansoma
QUOTE(spice718 @ Jul 24 2007, 04:37 PM) [snapback]350815[/snapback]
He has absolutely NO idea who Brad Pitt even is.

Ok, that is pretty extreme.

Anyway are you guys looking for a personal assistant or anything (or someone to do pretty much anything)? I'll drop everything and fly to California -right now- for a job. You don't even really have to pay me, just set me up with a space on the floor to sleep or something. I'm not sure I want to return to college again this year; looking for some ridiculous learning experiance. Ignore your boss getting popped in the head below.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(spice718 @ Jul 24 2007, 04:38 PM) [snapback]350816[/snapback]
Stupid how?
Of course if an opponent is considered he is studied first.

yeah, that's what i'm saying, it would be stupid not to do this. so is your boy fighting cotto or what?
NickBarker
QUOTE(Yansoma @ Jul 24 2007, 06:01 PM) [snapback]350845[/snapback]
Ok, that is pretty extreme.
Anyway are you guys looking for a personal assistant or anything (or someone to do pretty much anything)? I'll drop everything and fly to California -right now- for a job. You don't even really have to pay me, just set me up with a space on the floor to sleep or something. I'm not sure I want to return to college again this year; looking for some ridiculous learning experiance. Ignore your boss getting popped in the head below.

It would be kind of cool to be in an entourage for a boxer. It seems like Shane wouldn't be bad to work for. I couldn't say the same for others.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(spice718 @ Jul 24 2007, 04:37 PM) [snapback]350815[/snapback]
Pride has nothing to do with it. Of course Shane watches other fighters you see him at almost all GBP events so that is a stupid remark. FYI we were stranded in PA on the night the Margarito fight took place. We do not drop everything to watch a fight but if it is worth watching he makes a point to have someone send it. As for T.V Shane only watches boxing when he turns a TV on or ESPN. He doesn't watch anything else. He has absolutely NO idea who Brad Pitt even is.

BS.

woooooo
Shane's a good dude, real down to earth. I saw him dive off the stage at the weigh in "scuffle", I was amazed.

I don't think its a bad idea to do Mayweather-Hatton and Mosley-Cotto, because if Floyd and Shane both come out on top I think the fight will be worth a lot more than it is right now.
Yansoma
QUOTE(NickBarker @ Jul 24 2007, 06:41 PM) [snapback]350852[/snapback]
It would be kind of cool to be in an entourage for a boxer. It seems like Shane wouldn't be bad to work for. I couldn't say the same for others.

Yeah, I figured why not throw it out there. It could be one of those once in a life time opportunities. Especially when if comes to doing whatever for one of your favorite boxers; I'd be so hyped to go to "work" everyday. Except if Shane we're to have some urge to spar when no one was available; being that I am 6'0" at 150 lbs; hopefully he wouldn't have to beat on me. Luckily I have a decent amount of boxing experience so I could pad up and let Shane get some good conditioning in chasing me around the ring. If you think Floyd spends to much time moving my ass would be dead sprinting around that ring. lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.