Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boxrec
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
durhamshardest
the new boxrec is fuckin awful! the layout is shocking the fighters next fight is put at the top of previous fights as if its his most recent fight and now you cant check the schedule without putting in a tv channel and a title. disgrace. if anyone knows someone who works for them give them a big slap
JD
QUOTE(durhamshardest @ Jul 23 2007, 07:58 AM) [snapback]350633[/snapback]
the new boxrec is fuckin awful! the layout is shocking the fighters next fight is put at the top of previous fights as if its his most recent fight and now you cant check the schedule without putting in a tv channel and a title. disgrace. if anyone knows someone who works for them give them a big slap

Agreed.

While often times I dislike something for the simple fact that it is a change - that is not the case here. The new Boxrec is an abomination.
Jack 1000
Yes, agreed.

The only consolation is they got rid of some of the banner/Flash ads at the top of the page.

Jack
Maxy
Yeah boxrec has gone right down the pan since the changes.
_iodine_
as long as i can still get a fighter's record i don't care how crappy their site is. that's all i ever used it for.
NickBarker
I don't like how they took away the option to search for fighters who have fights in the last 365 days. This removed a lot of extraneous results and allowed me to enter partial names with a great chance of success than I can now. It's especially tough with Latino and ex-Soviet fighters because many of them have very similar names.
mnvkng76
Ok.. THATS is .. well..terrible! I hope that they didn't pay someone to do that.

White space boxrec.. it can be your best friend....
The CEO
QUOTE(_iodine_ @ Jul 23 2007, 05:57 PM) [snapback]350690[/snapback]
as long as i can still get a fighter's record i don't care how crappy their site is. that's all i ever used it for.

Same here...

You know what...I got some free time on my hands the next few days...how about we go over there and shit all over 'em...that's what monkeys do, ya know...

laugh.gif
hornitosmonster
Hate it. They will never get that contract if they keep going downhill.
Jerry Springer
Yeah, Boxrec might suck, but what other site comes within a light year of being as complete as it is?
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I dont mind the new layout, at least my comp won't freeze when i go on the site anymore. It still has one of the most complete databases ive seen, and can still waste some time. Still a great site imo.
Kyle
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.