Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WINTER WONDERLAND: MOSLEY-COTTO IN NOVEMBER, MAYWEATHER-HATTON IN DECEMBER?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
thehype
WINTER WONDERLAND: MOSLEY-COTTO IN NOVEMBER, MAYWEATHER-HATTON IN DECEMBER?
By Editor | July 24, 2007

Although nothing is official yet and no contracts have been signed, sources close to the situation have informed FightHype.com that it's looking more and more like three-time world champion Shane Mosley will face WBA welterweight champion Miguel Cotto this November, while undefeated pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr. will likely face jr. welterweight king Ricky Hatton in December.

This would likely set up a mega-clash between the winners of both bouts some time in 2008. More to follow.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(thehype @ Jul 24 2007, 04:42 PM) [snapback]350820[/snapback]

Although nothing is official yet and no contracts have been signed, sources close to the situation have informed FightHype.com that it's looking more and more like three-time world champion Shane Mosley will face WBA welterweight champion Miguel Cotto this November, while undefeated pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr. will likely face jr. welterweight king Ricky Hatton in December.

This would likely set up a mega-clash between the winners of both bouts some time in 2008. More to follow.

that is awesome. lets see the ufc top that shit.
singletrack
That would be great. Any indication where the Cotto fight would be? Last I heard was Dec and Cali or NYC.
hardhead
YES!!!!!!!!!! Cotto/Mosley is IMO the best fight to be made in Boxing...Great news...with winner taking on each other, Mosley/Mayweather, Cotto/Mayweather, Cotto/Hatton, Hatton/Mosley......
CyruS
Now that is nice lil tournament right there.
AKay
sweet!
Will
NickBarker
This is for the best. Any one of these matchups is interesting and it allows the winners to dictate the most important of them. If Cotto or Hatton were to emerge as the victor of this foursome, they could probably do a match with De la Hoya in September '08 for huge dollars. Even though it won't quite be as big as a DLH fight, the winners of these two respective matches facing off in late Spring '08 will be absolutely huge.
Southeastpaw
I am happy about this, But a little sad. Mosley and Cotto are two of my faves, and as much as this match-up needs to happen, I am still going to be a little upset with either getting beat. But it will be a great fight. I actually think that Mosley should probably take Cotto. It will be an awesome fight. I know both of these guys are respectful and will put everything they have into this fight.

Now on the other hand, we have two of the most disliked fighters in the sport fighting with Mayweather/Hatton. I'm sure there are quite a few thyat will be happy with either one of these guys getting beat. As long as one of them gets beat, and good. But I am hoping that Mayweather totally dominates pastey boy and upsets the Hattonites on hand at the fight to a degree where they start bashin eachother in the noggins.
Boss Hogg
This is what boxing needs!!!

Legitimate champions fighting other legitimite champions in mega-fights! The set-up is sweet, I hope it comes to fruition.
salvador
With Williams and Clottey left out in the cold. Maybe, just maybe, Williams-Clottey gets made as well!
JD
QUOTE(thehype @ Jul 24 2007, 04:42 PM) [snapback]350820[/snapback]

Thats cool and all, but what does Maria Cintron think about it?
PR316
Cotto/Mosley is a toss up IMO and Mayweather destroys Hatton with his eyes closed.
NickBarker
Go Hatton?
Milk Dud
QUOTE(PR316 @ Jul 25 2007, 05:06 PM) [snapback]351021[/snapback]
Cotto/Mosley is a toss up IMO and Mayweather destroys Hatton with his eyes closed.

I dont believe that at all Hatton isnt just going to let Mayweather dictate everything when they fight.

fantasiabruja
QUOTE(Milk Dud @ Jul 25 2007, 07:01 PM) [snapback]351038[/snapback]
I dont believe that at all Hatton isnt just going to let Mayweather dictate everything when they fight.

Mosley Cotto will end on a deceision Mayweather Hatton will end in a discualification remember where you heard it first LOL!
Spyder
QUOTE(JD @ Jul 25 2007, 07:31 AM) [snapback]350935[/snapback]
Thats cool and all, but what does Maria Cintron think about it?

laugh.gif

I was just wondering the same thing!
thehype
laugh.gif

LOL @ "Remember where you heard it first"

Who cares?

dntknw.gif

DECK THE HALLS: MAYWEATHER-HATTON ON DEC. 8TH

According to Kevin Iole of Yahoo! Sports, it appears as though Christmas has indeed come early as undefeated welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. and undefeated jr. welterweight champion Ricky Hatton have agreed to terms today for a December 8th welterweight clash in Las Vegas, NV.

click here to read more
hardhead
I'll say it again.......SWEET!!!!!!!!

Not like we don;t know this a few days ago.... thumbsup_anim.gif laugh.gif
Yansoma
I can't believe they made a deal
The CEO
It's at Welterweight, eh..?...but wait....Hatton can't fight effectively due to his "style" at 147...this is horrible news...

for Hatton and his fans.

yes2.gif

This means Ricky is finally ready to get paid to lose his 0. He's actually gonna man up and fight at the weight he was supposed to be at since the Collazo fight.

Good for him. Hope he takes his beating and embarrassment as well as Gatti did...

I'm already looking forward to the celebration.
BrutalBodyShots
Mayweather-Hatton won't even be competitive.

Mayweather should be -550 to win or wider... like +400 on Hatton. Anything closer just screams bet Mayweather.

When was the last time a big fight like this had odds that wide?
salvador
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Jul 28 2007, 09:52 AM) [snapback]351449[/snapback]
Mayweather-Hatton won't even be competitive.

Mayweather should be -550 to win or wider... like +400 on Hatton. Anything closer just screams bet Mayweather.

When was the last time a big fight like this had odds that wide?

What were the odds on Cooney-Holmes?
thehype
QUOTE(salvador @ Jul 28 2007, 10:34 AM) [snapback]351452[/snapback]
What were the odds on Cooney-Holmes?

laugh.gif

Good point.
Kijis Konar
Cotto-Mayweather '08.
PR316
QUOTE(Kijis Konar @ Jul 28 2007, 07:07 PM) [snapback]351495[/snapback]
Cotto-Mayweather '08.

I think we'll actually see De La Hoya/Cotto in 2008.
Fishbone
This is good news for boxing...You got four of the biggest names in and around 147 doing it big and looking to make things happen...Also, this sets up a colossal event in the spring of 08 if the winners of these two fights decide to tangle...
Big Slim Sweet
Four superstars mixing it up and once again Mayweather gets the easiest assignment. The least risk. The safest route.

I hate that spoiled little cunt with all my heart. And I don't think he has any intention of facing Mosley or Cotto, in '08 or ever.

Look for the little fairy to call out Pacquaio again afterwards or the winner of Chavez Jr-Gomez or some other weak shit.

I can't stand Ricky Hatton yet I'll be rooting for him as hard as I've ever rooted for a fighter come December 8.
Yucayeke
This is exactly what boxing needs! Cotto - Mosley is a toss up IMO, although I slightly favor Cotto due to his relentless pursuit of the fight. I think that he showed he can deal with speed (Zab is arguably faster than shane). But Shane has been known to crack and Cotto can be rocked, so all in all this is what I will be willing fork over my hard earned money for.

Floyd - hatton? Floyd wins no contest, but I do sincerely hope that Hatton hurts him badly. I would love to see that arrogant little bastard get his ass wupped
BrutalBodyShots
Floyd wins over Hatton without question and I think Mosley will beat Cotto, setting up a great Mayweather-Mosley showdown in 08. Mayweather without a doubt will face the winner of Mosley-Cotto. If I'm Mayweather I'm hoping Mosley wins... as he'll only get older by the time they meet. Cotto on the other hand will only continue to get better and if he has what it takes to clearly beat Mosley he will give Mayweather a hell of a fight.

The Original MrFactor
Man, where does this mini-tourney leave DLH, Paul Williams, Joshua Clottey, Antonio Margarito and Kermit Cintron?? Ad to the fact that Ike Quartey wants to come back to WW, we should see some really interesting fights at WW in the next 8 months... Maybe someone will emerge as, "the Guy." Instead of many who want to annoint a guy who hasnt bested a significant number of his peers and contemporaries...
hardhead
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Aug 2 2007, 08:08 AM) [snapback]352122[/snapback]
Man, where does this mini-tourney leave DLH, Paul Williams, Joshua Clottey, Antonio Margarito and Kermit Cintron?? Ad to the fact that Ike Quartey wants to come back to WW, we should see some really interesting fights at WW in the next 8 months... Maybe someone will emerge as, "the Guy." Instead of many who want to annoint a guy who hasnt bested a significant number of his peers and contemporaries...

I agree, especially the last sentence of your reply.... thumbsup_anim.gif
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(Fitz @ Aug 2 2007, 03:21 AM) [snapback]352124[/snapback]
Don't worry about DLH, he can do whatever he likes, pretty much he says jump and they say "how high", lol. The other 4, they can have there own tourney. Still not a bad tourney for a B pool.

Ain't that the truth. Shit, if a tree falls in Big Bear at the same time Oscar's pumping Millie's tonsils full of semen down in PR the tree fell cause Oscar made it fall. The man controls virtually everything in boxing south of 200 lbs.

And I like that idea for the B pool tourney. Williams, Margarito, Clottey and Cintron. Hash em out any way you like and you've got three potentially exciting fights, with the winner emerging as the clear contender for the winner of the PBF-Cotto-SSM-Hatton.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.