Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tito says he wants hopkins
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
yuca
This is taken from El Nuevo Dia,

http://www.endi.com/noticia/boxeo/deportes..._verdugo/252151

Felix ` titó trinidad Prefers to fight with ` the Verdugó text By Jorge L. Perez/End.jperez@elnuevodia.com * Bernard Hopkins could be the man. See the video. Bernard Hopkins could be the man. Perhaps it is by the form in which the fight of Saturday between its friend, Winky Wright, and Hopkins was developed, but, the night before last, when it was interrogated on his planned return Ring, Felix ` Titó Trinidad mentioned preferredly to the Twig. "the fight that really I would like, that to me, Tito Trinidad, I would like, it would be with Bernard Hopkins", she said the ex- champion to the boarded being by endi.com when he attended the finery of the Singer, film of Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony. In the interview, Trinidad said, nevertheless, that its return "not yet is safe", because "they lack things with Don King". "But that would be a fight in which double sauce would be sauce...", it continued, "because there am been thinking about requesting to him to Marc Anthony that sang the hymn for one of my fights". Until now, after meeting with Trinidad and its group here in June, King has said that the plans of boricua are to begin to prepare itself to reappear in January, in 170 pounds. Roy Jones, Jr is mentioned with more insistence, although King also has spoken of Floyd Mayweather, Jr. "Don did not want to emit commentaries on these declarations of Tito", said yesterday Alan Hopper, director of press of the company of the promotional made famous one. Hopper gave to understand that King did not get along much with the idea to negotiate with Hopkins, that it had bottled in a legal battle with the promoter.

translated with babelfish
JD
QUOTE(yuca @ Jul 25 2007, 12:59 PM) [snapback]350956[/snapback]
This is taken from El Nuevo Dia,

http://www.endi.com/noticia/boxeo/deportes..._verdugo/252151

Felix ` titó trinidad Prefers to fight with ` the Verdugó text By Jorge L. Perez/End.jperez@elnuevodia.com * Bernard Hopkins could be the man. See the video. Bernard Hopkins could be the man. Perhaps it is by the form in which the fight of Saturday between its friend, Winky Wright, and Hopkins was developed, but, the night before last, when it was interrogated on his planned return Ring, Felix ` Titó Trinidad mentioned preferredly to the Twig. "the fight that really I would like, that to me, Tito Trinidad, I would like, it would be with Bernard Hopkins", she said the ex- champion to the boarded being by endi.com when he attended the finery of the Singer, film of Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony. In the interview, Trinidad said, nevertheless, that its return "not yet is safe", because "they lack things with Don King". "But that would be a fight in which double sauce would be sauce...", it continued, "because there am been thinking about requesting to him to Marc Anthony that sang the hymn for one of my fights". Until now, after meeting with Trinidad and its group here in June, King has said that the plans of boricua are to begin to prepare itself to reappear in January, in 170 pounds. Roy Jones, Jr is mentioned with more insistence, although King also has spoken of Floyd Mayweather, Jr. "Don did not want to emit commentaries on these declarations of Tito", said yesterday Alan Hopper, director of press of the company of the promotional made famous one. Hopper gave to understand that King did not get along much with the idea to negotiate with Hopkins, that it had bottled in a legal battle with the promoter.

translated with babelfish

I can't help but go back to Tito's point here about how a fight with Hopkins would be a fight in which double sauce would be sauce.

I think he is spot-on with that.
BigG
Hopkins dominated Tito and just beat the guy that dominated Tito as well.

No need for a rematch.

If Tito comes back, I would love to see him fight Ike Quartey or Kassim Ouma or even Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Warlord
QUOTE(yuca @ Jul 25 2007, 11:59 AM) [snapback]350956[/snapback]
"But that would be a fight in which double sauce would be sauce..."

I think Tito must be on some of that sauce if he's looking to fight Hopkins again.
Warlord
QUOTE(JD @ Jul 25 2007, 12:02 PM) [snapback]350957[/snapback]
I can't help but go back to Tito's point here about how a fight with Hopkins would be a fight in which double sauce would be sauce.

I think he is spot-on with that.

I forsee this line ranking right alongside "teh gay" in infamy. laugh.gif
CyruS
Tito smoking that good shit I see.
Method

Dude needs to lay off the sauce.

I would love to see this fight again...not because it does anything for Ex's legacy...but just to see Tito kicked to kingdom come. He picked his boss, Wink, to beat Ex, and now he thinks he's gonna fight Ex again? Aight, switch the names on the contract and come and get some more, boy. Hopkins will never fight Trinidad again...but it will be hilarious to read Bernard's reaction to Trinidad's interest.
yuca
In the link there's a small clip, apparently he's wearing braces.
NickBarker
Tito can beat someone worthwhile before I pay attention to him as a legitimate fighter.
Method
There's the rub. Tito CAN'T. Hell, with Trinidud Sr's new dark hair, he look younger than Tito.
Maxy
I'm sick of hearing about Trinidad and what he wants, who he's going to fight etc. Trinidad is DONE. He's finished. Why would Hopkins want to fight him again? Hopkins has already destroyed him.

QUOTE(NickBarker @ Jul 25 2007, 12:50 PM) [snapback]350970[/snapback]
Tito can beat someone worthwhile before I pay attention to him as a legitimate fighter.

Exactly.

If he's serious about making another comeback he should go about things the right way. Get a couple of wins against a couple of contenders and earn himself a shot at one of the names. He hasn't done anything lately to deserve a big money fight and I doubt he ever will again.
PR316
Oh my God. Surely Tito is not serious. I hope not, at least. I know Tito's a fighter at the end of the day and all. But I don't know whats more ridiculous. Tito looking to fight Hopkins or looking to make a come back at 170 pounds.
namor
hey, he could always load his gloves again and knock hopkins a** into the middle of next week biggrin.gif
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jul 25 2007, 07:47 PM) [snapback]351051[/snapback]
Can't this cunt just STFU at least for 1 fucking month? Next month it will be Oscar, and the month after that RJJ. Man, his shit is tiring.
Mods, can you just sticky this thread please? So whenever Tito starts feeling depressed and decides to say something, it can be just posted in the sticky thread. Instead of having 1 or 2 of these threads every month.

LOL good call Fitz.

Trinidad is an idiot if he thinks he can take Hopkins.

At 170 pounds today I've got Hopkins by KO7 over Trinidad, winning every round CLEARLY until that point.

fantasiabruja
Can't this cunt just STFU at least for 1 fucking month? Next month it will be Oscar, and the month after that RJJ. Man, his shit is tiring.
Mods, can you just sticky this thread please? So whenever Tito starts feeling depressed and decides to say something, it can be just posted in the sticky thread. Instead of having 1 or 2 of these threads every month.

I understand if your irritated by reading threads involving the man but to call him a cunt. You cant posibly be a true boxing fan. with all do respect Fitz you sound like an idiot in this post. Not only is Tito a living legend but he is one of the most entertaining fighters of the last twenty years!
Nobudius
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jul 25 2007, 07:43 PM) [snapback]351080[/snapback]
The word cunt is vulgar and maybe not appropriate, but besides that. I stick to everything I said. Why do Puerto Rican's get so butt hurt if someone insults there national hero?
Oh no, I'm not a true boxing fan because I insulted Tito. One thing, he isn't a fighter anymore, so he should sit back and let other fighters do there thing. Why does he feel the need to say something every single month? He acts like a damn teenage girl.
I swear you's act like Tito is a god. I say something negative and all of a sudden I'm not a boxing fan, lol.

I agree with Fitz here-this kind of sh!t deserves criticism.

Enough.
24 A BRICK
Trinidad needs to stay outside the fences. it's a meaningless comeback, and his intentions is only to grab a few more millions of dollars and sneak right back into retirement. Hopkins, Roy, DLH and winky needs to retire permanently themselves. it's time to for boxing to stop collecting these dust heads, and let the young lions represent the sport.
Col Reb
Tito vs Floyd? How the hell would that happen if he plans on coming back at 170.
Col Reb
I think a good comeback fight for Tito would be either against Lacy, Miranda, or Manfredo. Those are winnable, entertaining matchups that will give us a better idea of Tito's current condition.
Tha Docta
tito would not land a single punch on mayweather. and i also agree that tito is becoming an annoying bitch. just sounds like hes lonely from not being in the spotlight and needs the attention. and i would take this announcement more seriously if he didnt get his faced absolutely boxed in by wright.

with that being said, i would love to see tito fight someone like pavlik if he comes back. or miranda.
BrutalBodyShots
Why is anyone even mentioning Trinidad and Mayweather in the same sentence when they are 4 weight divisions apart?

Why don't we talk about Hatton-Pavlik or Pacquiao-De La Hoya while we're at it since that would be the same thing.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Jul 26 2007, 11:05 AM) [snapback]351156[/snapback]
Why is anyone even mentioning Trinidad and Mayweather in the same sentence when they are 4 weight divisions apart?

this fight shouldnt be mentioned at all. i think the only reason its being brought up is the fact that most would pick floyd to beat him.
fantasiabruja
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jul 25 2007, 09:43 PM) [snapback]351080[/snapback]
The word cunt is vulgar and maybe not appropriate, but besides that. I stick to everything I said. Why do Puerto Rican's get so butt hurt if someone insults there national hero?
Oh no, I'm not a true boxing fan because I insulted Tito. One thing, he isn't a fighter anymore, so he should sit back and let other fighters do there thing. Why does he feel the need to say something every single month? He acts like a damn teenage girl.
I swear you's act like Tito is a god. I say something negative and all of a sudden I'm not a boxing fan, lol.

Your right guy us Puerto ricans take this loyalty to Trinidad way too far oh and I'm sory for questioning your boxing fan status plus I also appologize for calling you an idiot.
namor

I know you wish you were Trinidads boyfriend and all,but i was suggesting that he goes down memory lane,because thats probably the only he`ll be able to beat Hopkins.
24 A BRICK
Trinidad's best years was the 147-154 lbs. I'm not taking anything away from him, but it's a bad move to come back now . I'm not gonna hate on dude to the extreme because it's not like he's coming back uninvited. people in here seemed to have short memories, DLH has always called Trinidad out when Trinidad was retired. when Trinidad gives hints on a comeback DLH all of sudden bitches out. as far as people questioning Trinidad fighting Floyd, right after Floyd beat DLH, Floyd was the one calling out Trinidad, and said he'll fight Trinidad at 160. Spinks, Dibella representing Taylor all called out Trinidad too. if he comes back, fuck it, he comes back. I have never been some type of loyalist dickrider for no individual fighter. the problem with you dudes on here is, ya'll try too hard to convince people that the boxer on your avatar is best of them all. this shit been going on for years, same posters on every messageboard, same internet and newspaper writers hanging on to the same boxers with the same past stories. look what happened right after that dreadful waste of money Hopkins-Wright fight, same individuals, fans and stans proclaiming "sweet science". it was nothing but a headbut-hug fest for 12 rounds. it wasn't a dominant performance by either fighter. same people who questioned the scorecards in the Taylor-Hopkins fight now all agree with the judges scorecards in the Hopkins-Wright fight...(ni66a please!) Hopkins & Winky didn't even sell out the place, and you have Hopkins at the end of the fight talking about fighting in yankee stadium. I know exactly what fools on here believe that shit too.
Method
I love the word "cunt". Maybe it's just the 'Al Swerengine' in me...

i was suggesting that he goes down memory lane,because thats probably the only he`ll be able to beat Hopkins.

Well then maybe you have a bad 'memory', because if Trinidad travels down memory lane, the only recollection he'll have is of him getting his ass handed to him in New Yorico.
namor
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jul 26 2007, 05:07 PM) [snapback]351216[/snapback]
You have lost me.

oops,i thought you were talking to me,My apologies.
rusty_trombone
ahh the monthly tito is coming back thread. now he wants to come back and get fucked up by hopkins again. smart move, good planning tito. maybe if you train for 2 months, you might actually be able to fit into your fight trunks.
fantasiabruja
The funny thing is that the people calling for Tito to return are not the folks in P.R. but the message boarders and some in the Boxing media who every time Boxing goes into a slump claim boxing needs him and then when the action picks up again he (Tito) sees it as an oportunity to come back and make some money and the message boarders and writers(not all of course) go back to saying he should stay retired.
Method
Excuse me, but this thread is based on an article that broke on El Nuevo Dia, a Puerto Rican Newspaper, not something that was dreamed up by message borders.
fantasiabruja
QUOTE(Method @ Jul 27 2007, 10:36 AM) [snapback]351310[/snapback]
Excuse me, but this thread is based on an article that broke on El Nuevo Dia, a Puerto Rican Newspaper, not something that was dreamed up by message borders.

The newspaper was questioning him on his already anounced return. Notice I also said not all media and boarders.
Method
OK, but it's STILL a Puerto Rican-based newspaper, and NOT something drummed up outside the island, as you originallyl charged. What's more, this is a NEW article, now talking about him wanting to fight Hopkins, and you're right, it is a follow up to an anready announced return...already announced by EL NUEVO DIA, a PUERTO RICAN-based Newspaper.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.