Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BBC - The Office
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
stevennall
I think it's the funniest show I've ever seen. There were only 12 half-hour episodes, plus a one-hour finale. Every second of this show was gold.
Southeastpaw
I've been wanting to see it seeing as it is the show that "The Office" that we are familiar with in the states was taken from. I'll have to catch the listings and try to record it.
STEVENSKI
Fawlty Towers is the greatest comedy series ever created. The Office is great though.
re-bee-becca
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jul 26 2007, 04:12 AM) [snapback]351103[/snapback]
Fawlty Towers is the greatest comedy series ever created. The Office is great though.

thumbsup_anim.gif I know every word to every episode I've watched it that much - John Cleese is my hero.
Southeastpaw
SEINFELD is da best eva.
The CEO
I've watched maybe one episode of the original Office...it was funny.

QUOTE(re-bee-becca @ Jul 26 2007, 04:49 AM) [snapback]351132[/snapback]
John Cleese is my hero.

Cleese is hilarious to me....a legend.

QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Jul 26 2007, 12:53 PM) [snapback]351172[/snapback]
SEINFELD is da best eva.

Seinfeld WAS great...I really didn't watch it 'til AFTER it ran its course...then I caught all the reruns....same with Friends.

Two I REALLY like are King of Queens and Yes, Dear....
Maxy
The Office is funny as....never seen the American version but I doubt it's as good. That would be like us Brits making a British version of Friends...and we've probably tried. Just wouldn't cut it.

Fawlty Towers is a classic, absolutely.

Only Fools and Horses is also a classic. Don't know if any of it's 60 odd episodes were screened in America and it probably wouldn't have had the same appeal over there anyway, at least to the masses.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jul 25 2007, 07:33 PM) [snapback]351047[/snapback]
Probably my favourite show of all time. It is a classic. I have the boxset at home. I watched a little bit of the American version and it sucked. It wasn't there type of comedy IMO and things didn't come across good.
I have also seen the 1st season of Extras, with Ricky Gervais which was also very good IMO. So if you liked the Office, you would probably like the 1st season of Extras. I haven't seen the 2nd season yet, but I heard it wasn't quite as good.

I actually thought the second season of extras was funnier than the first.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Maxy @ Jul 26 2007, 05:26 PM) [snapback]351176[/snapback]
Only Fools and Horses is also a classic. Don't know if any of it's 60 odd episodes were screened in America and it probably wouldn't have had the same appeal over there anyway, at least to the masses.

Don't let CEO know as that is Hattons favourite show.
The CEO
If that's the case...I know it sucks without even seeing it...
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jul 26 2007, 06:18 PM) [snapback]351235[/snapback]
Don't let CEO know as that is Hattons favourite show.

you know Hatton's favorite tv show?
STEVENSKI
I thought everyone knew he loved only fools search.gif . That is as common knowledge as teh fact he loves a pint & a full English.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jul 27 2007, 06:14 AM) [snapback]351284[/snapback]
Stevenski, as your about the only other Aussie and nobody else would have seen it. I have been getting into 'Mother and Son' lately, lol. You ever get into that?

I was never partial to it but I quite enjoy "Hey Dad!". Such a 80's show & I always wanted to bang his teenage daughter in it.

Anyone here watch "Two pints"? I love that show.
re-bee-becca
QUOTE(Maxy @ Jul 26 2007, 06:26 PM) [snapback]351176[/snapback]

Brilliant - watched it last night, cushty!

QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jul 27 2007, 07:22 AM) [snapback]351288[/snapback]
Anyone here watch "Two pints"? I love that show.

Didn't like it at first, but the more you watch it, it grows on you. I guess you're on about two pints and a packet of crisps?

Southeastpaw
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Jul 26 2007, 09:09 PM) [snapback]351252[/snapback]
I thought everyone knew he loved only fools search.gif . That is as common knowledge as teh fact he loves a pint & a full English.

It must be common knowledge for the Hatton lovers. lol. This show must have a bunch of huggin man love?

Such a 80's show & I always wanted to bang his teenage daughter in it.

BG?

Just messin bro. lol
Maxy
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jul 26 2007, 05:24 PM) [snapback]351238[/snapback]
If that's the case...I know it sucks without even seeing it...

Seriously "Only Fools and Horses" was a brilliant show. I can't sit here and convince you, nor can I say you'd like it...

Never even knew it was Hatton's favourite show. He has good taste.....
The CEO
I was just playing the role of an Ultimate Hater....but I can tell you this, Maxy...he might have good taste OUTSIDE the ring...but his style preference INSIDE that ring is tremendously lacking....it's dishonorable....it's literally disgusting to watch him get away with what he does...
Spyder
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jul 27 2007, 07:55 PM) [snapback]351401[/snapback]
I was just playing the role of an Ultimate Hater....but I can tell you this, Maxy...he might have good taste OUTSIDE the ring...but his style preference INSIDE that ring is tremendously lacking....it's dishonorable....it's literally disgusting to watch him get away with what he does...

Oh man, you guys got him started...

laugh.gif

Reel it in C.E.O...bring it back down to DEFCON 4...
The CEO
laugh.gif laugh.gif

You'd think they'd know better by now...
Spyder
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Jul 28 2007, 06:51 AM) [snapback]351447[/snapback]
laugh.gif laugh.gif
You'd think they'd know better by now...

Some people will never understand the power of the darkside...

laugh.gif
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(re-bee-becca @ Jul 27 2007, 08:57 AM) [snapback]351300[/snapback]
Didn't like it at first, but the more you watch it, it grows on you. I guess you're on about two pints and a packet of crisps?

Yup. I had to import the DVD's but it was worth the money. The musical special is probably the funniest show I have ever seen. The show took a serious dive in season 5 but seasons 2-4 are some of the funniest episodes I have ever seen. Probably because it is so stupid.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.