Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: collazo vs mitchell
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Tha Docta
the vargas vs mayorga undercard is shaping up to be pretty terrible. first cintron takes another tuneup with feliciano, and now collazo is facing the ultimate quitter in sharmba mitchell.

am i the only one that can absolutely not stand mitchell???? how many chances is this guy gonna get to quit in the ring??
Southeastpaw
lol. I think that this is a good style matchup truthfully. I don't think that Mitchell as is shot as many are thinking. I would be interested in seeing this one.
NickBarker
If I wasn't sure that Showtime will charge too much for what this card is worth, I'd consider buying it. The main event figures to be hilarious and I'd like to see Cintron tee off on Feliciano.
salvador
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Jul 26 2007, 12:52 PM) [snapback]351171[/snapback]
lol. I think that this is a good style matchup truthfully. I don't think that Mitchell as is shot as many are thinking. I would be interested in seeing this one.

I actually agree. Mitchell is a solid B-level fighter who was just way too small for Williams to have any chance and too slow for Floyd. Collazo's a decent fighter, but I wouldn't write Mitchell off on this one.
ghost13
Mitchell is again the smaller fighter going in. He's lost some speed and was never a big hitter. I don't see him giving Collazo much problems. Welterweight is a bad weight for Mitchell
Lil-lightsout
Sharmba has zero chance against Collazo. He has no power and he should not be fighting at welterweight period. IMO this is a boring fight where Collazo dominates him the whole fight.
hornitosmonster
Sharmba has no chance. and the card looks like crap. To the bar it is. Forget buying it at home for all my mooching friends.
STEVENSKI
I personally enjoyed how Tszyu exposed him twice.
Southeastpaw
I think that Tszyu beat him mentally which led to the beatdown. Mitchell was ownin Tszyu early in their first meeting. But Mitchell could not handle the pressure and power down the stretch. Then Tszyu had like two years to prepare for Mitchell. I used to be a huge Tszyu fan, but I lost a lot of respect for him after him bein able to hold on to that title for so long without having to defend it, then quitting like he did after saying that you have to be prepared to die in the ring. Tszyu had already faced Mitchell, then had alll that time to prepare for just Mitchell while Mitchell was constantly active.

Mitchell is still slick, and if his mind is right, he could win this fight. Corley is not a big puncher. Even though he stunned Cotto and Mayweather, don't be deceived. This is a very interesting match-up of styles, and I find it a pretty intriguing bout.
Southeastpaw
No, he wasn't training the entire time, but he had time to figure a game plan specifically for a certain fighter. Preparing mantally as well. And he was well prepared for Mitchell, but I knew his days were numbered even since the Leija fight.
Imperius3
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Jul 27 2007, 08:28 AM) [snapback]351306[/snapback]
Mitchell is still slick, and if his mind is right, he could win this fight. Corley is not a big puncher. Even though he stunned Cotto and Mayweather, don't be deceived. This is a very interesting match-up of styles, and I find it a pretty intriguing bout.

How does Corley come into this?

He's fighting Collazo, dog!
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(Imperius3 @ Jul 27 2007, 01:18 PM) [snapback]351333[/snapback]
How does Corley come into this?

He's fighting Collazo, dog!

lol. Don't ask me how that happened, dog. Similair styles as well and got them all fused up dog. lol. Still believe that Mitchell and Collazo is going to make for a very interesting fight. I am thinking that Collazo "should" pull this out. But I would be far from surprised if Mitchell wins this.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Jul 27 2007, 02:02 PM) [snapback]351337[/snapback]
lol. Don't ask me how that happened, dog. Similair styles as well and got them all fused up dog. lol. Still believe that Mitchell and Collazo is going to make for a very interesting fight. I am thinking that Collazo "should" pull this out. But I would be far from surprised if Mitchell wins this.

mitchell will fight for a few rounds, and when he realizes that he cant win, hes gonna look for a way out. but he will look for a way out that allows him to get another payday. like he did vs mayweather & the first fight with tzsyu. he also screamed like a little girl until they stopped his fight vs chris smith. im not interested in seeing this guy fight anymore. hes finished.
hardhead
I'm with Docta, Mitchell has ZERO chance of winning this fight, Collazo should wipe the floor with him.
Bazooka Limon
I want to fight mitchell next then call out Gatti, then I will retire with a record of 2-0 with 2kos.
Southeastpaw
LOLOLOLOLOL. Someone started drinkin early today.
BigG
I think Collazo wins an ugly decision.....I expect it to be competitive.
Mean Mister Mustard
Collazo already beat up another past his prime fighter before in Gonzalez. Mitchell was good but I don't think he'll do anything impressive anytime soon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.