Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Forrest vs. Baldomir: Preview/Poll
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Look forward to your comments on this fight everyone. Forrest vs. Baldomir for the WBC Jr. Middlewight Title Saturday night on HBO.

How do you see this fight? I have added a poll.

Jack

Administrator
Imperius3
Forrest is bit past it, and I had him losing to Quartey, but I think Baldomir's lack of speed and head movement will make him an easy target for Forrest to jab all night long.

Forrest by UD.
Jack 1000
I also pick Forrest because I think he is the far more complete versatile boxer, even at this faded stage. A win over Judah and a very faded Gatti KO is OK for Baldomir. But I see Carlos as a "tough guy" but not very skilled. Vernon can do more things and do them well. I like most people seem to concur that Quartey was robbed against Forrest. I had that fight, if I recall correctly, 96-93 for Quartey. But I think that even if THAT Vernon shows up, he will still beat Carlos.

Jack
salvador
Which of Forrest's shoulders is the bad one?
hardhead
For some reason I just can't get excited about this fight, I mean I'll definitely be watching it because I have nothing else to do and it's on HBO but hopefully it doesn't stink too bad..They should just show the two under card fights instead of the Hopkins/Wright...laugh.gif
rusty_trombone
OK, here goes. I guarantee the winner of this fight is a fighter that i couldn't give two shits about seeing fight, i also think it should be mandatory for the loser never to fight on television ever again.

Jack please add this answer to the poll, "We all lose for having to endure this crap on HBO"
BrutalBodyShots
Hey Jack, totally off topic here but in your preview/poll threads I think you should only have 5 options for the fight result:

Fighter A wins by decision
Fighter A wins by stoppage
Fighter B wins by decision
Fighter B wins by stoppage
Draw

The way it is now, 9 options is just simply too much and it's too tough to gauge what everyone is really thinking for the fight.

CyruS
Forrest's jab already won this fight.
Lil-lightsout
I am going to make a bold prediction and state that Forrest is going to give Baldy his worst beatdown. I know Vernon has fell way off the radar in recent years with injuries and subpar performances. But after this fight, he is going to be a force to reckon with. I think after this fight he will be recognized as the best 154lb. fighter in the division. I will now go on and put on my flame suit.
Jack 1000
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Jul 26 2007, 09:19 PM) [snapback]351260[/snapback]
Hey Jack, totally off topic here but in your preview/poll threads I think you should only have 5 options for the fight result:

Fighter A wins by decision
Fighter A wins by stoppage
Fighter B wins by decision
Fighter B wins by stoppage
Draw

The way it is now, 9 options is just simply too much and it's too tough to gauge what everyone is really thinking for the fight.

That might be a good idea.......thank you!

Jack

Administrator
hardhead
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Jul 27 2007, 02:26 AM) [snapback]351264[/snapback]
I am going to make a bold prediction and state that Forrest is going to give Baldy his worst beatdown. I know Vernon has fell way off the radar in recent years with injuries and subpar performances. But after this fight, he is going to be a force to reckon with. I think after this fight he will be recognized as the best 154lb. fighter in the division. I will now go on and put on my flame suit.

laugh.gif
_iodine_
A prime Forrest got roughed up twice by a guy with virtually no skill in Ricardo Mayorga. Baldomir is a rough customer With skill and Forrest is faded. I'm going with Carlos by decision.
salvador
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Jul 26 2007, 11:12 PM) [snapback]351270[/snapback]
That might be a good idea.......thank you!

Jack

Administrator

It's a very good idea. I would also add to it that there should only be 4 options, as posters should be forced to pick a side. A draw is a cop out of a vote.
WolfishPromistah
This fight depends on how rough Baldomir is going to be able to be inside. From outside, all Vernon probably has to really do is keep his jab pumping all night and giving angles. He'd potentially be most effective with that in mind early on. But once Baldo gets in range to start pummeling, things could take a turn for the worst for Vern. I mean, Vernon has not shown me he's a true presence at this weight, as much as he was dominating at 147...until Mayorga. Factor in too that, like Mayorga, Baldomir has a proven ability to endure punishment; so we can expect that he's going to be willing to come in to fight close up -- at least for a good while -- in order to see if he can break Vernon down enough to cause significant problems. The only question I have is whether Baldomir has spent any time in preparation working on better head movement, which I definitely think will benefit him against Vernon's range advantage.
Southeastpaw
Don't know who is going to win. Baldy is gunna make it tough for Forrest though.
NickBarker
I'll record this on my DVR, but that's it. This is a disgrace of a BAD card. I'd be able to stomach it a little more if it had an undercard. Especially if that undercard was something like a more traditional BAD fight, e.g., young prospects and borderline contenders trying to establish themselves. As it is, I'm left with one, meaningless fight between two, old men who aren't especially great to watch.

Forrest by UD
Imperius3
QUOTE(salvador @ Jul 26 2007, 08:26 PM) [snapback]351255[/snapback]
Which of Forrest's shoulders is the bad one?

His left one.

QUOTE(Fitz @ Jul 27 2007, 01:20 AM) [snapback]351286[/snapback]
Anybody that saw the Forrest-Quartey fight believe Baldomir is a worthwhile bet?

Forrest was able to win some rounds against Quartey, and he did momentarily stun Quartey with a hard uppercut. His shoulder and jab were able to hold up for the most part. He showed enough to be able to beat Baldomir.

Baldomir does not possess the power that Mayorga had, and I don't think Forrest is going to allow Baldomir to get inside on him. I expect to see Forrest putting on a boxing clinic.
thehype
I think a better subtitle for this thread would have been...

All Comments Here (Who CARES and Why?)

dntknw.gif

laugh.gif
NickBarker
Yeah, it's an awful fight on paper. It could materialize in a way better than many are predicting, myself included, but I see no reason to expect that.
WolfishPromistah
Bump this! I'm taking Baldo on a split decision win. That's my call right there.
Jack 1000
QUOTE(thehype @ Jul 27 2007, 05:13 PM) [snapback]351390[/snapback]
I think a better subtitle for this thread would have been...

All Comments Here (Who CARES and Why?)

dntknw.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Jack

kidbazooka1
Baldo by UD in a stinker.
Kijis Konar
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Jul 27 2007, 11:04 PM) [snapback]351418[/snapback]
Baldo by UD in a stinker.

Co-Sign.
yuca
Forrest by easy ud, unless he hurts his shoulder.
The CEO
Yeah...I don't care about this one at all.

You got Big Head vs. Peanut Head.....uhhhh....I'll take Big Head.
Rabbit Punch2
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Jul 26 2007, 07:15 PM) [snapback]351258[/snapback]
OK, here goes. I guarantee the winner of this fight is a fighter that i couldn't give two shits about seeing fight, i also think it should be mandatory for the loser never to fight on television ever again.

Jack please add this answer to the poll, "We all lose for having to endure this crap on HBO"

Seems to me the more answers to choose from will give you a better idea of what EVERYone is thinking. I do HATE split/majority decision as a prediction. The way I see it a prediction equals ONE judges card before the fact. ONE judge can NOT be split. Draw is a legit answer 12 is an even number and that makes the likelyhood of a draw far more probable than an odd number could. Like oh, I don't know, say 15?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.