Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Host
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Bill The Butcher
Has anyone seen The Host yet? I saw it when it hit theaters, just came out on DvD Tuesday. I liked it. I thought it was a good movie. Definitely worth checking out in my opinion. Great characters, good script, funny dialogue and scenes, pretty cool special effects.

It is SCI-FI/Horror/Comedy/Thriller.

Plot Outline taken from IMDB.com:

The film revolves around Park Hee-bong (played by Byun Hee-bong), a man in his late 60s. Park runs a small snack bar on the banks of the Seoul's Han River and lives with his two sons, one daughter and one granddaughter. The Parks seem to lead a quite ordinary and peaceful life, or maybe a tad bit poorer than the average Seoulite. Hee-bong's elder son Gang-du (by Song Gang-ho) is an immature and incompetent man in his 40s, whose wife left home long ago. Nam-il (by Park Hae-il) is the youngest son, an unemployed grumbler, and daughter Nam-joo (by Bae Du-na) is an archery medalist and member of the national team. One day, an unidentified mutant suddenly appears from the depths of the Han River and spreads panic and death, and Gang-du's daughter Hyun-seo is carried off by the monster and disappears. All the family members are in a great agony as they have lost someone dearest to them. But as they find out she is still alive, they resolve to save her.
BGv2.0
YES...I saw it at the theater as well. VERY GOOD FILM! Great films like the Host, Mirrormask and Pan's are all getting over looked my Hollywood to make room for their garbage...

Keep your eye on the small play houses....they usually have 100X better films than anything playing at the mainstream theaters.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.