Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guzman v. Soto on for Nov. 17th
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
NickBarker
This is an absolutely great match up. I know that George will be pumped for this one. Whoever wins ought to get the first shot at the winner of Pacquiao/Marquez in '08. Would be great to get a look at Abner Mares on the undercard. He and Juan Manuel Lopez have the look of the next stars below lightweight.

I'm also pumped that this seems to be another example of GBP and Top Rank working together to make the best fights possible. Sure, it would be nice if Pacquiao and Marquez were fighting in the Fall, but I don't see any possible way the fight isn't made if both win their respective bouts coming up.

Pacquiao/Barrera
Cotto/Mosley
Guzman/Soto

Not only that, but on the cards that they co-promote, the undercards will probably be of better quality because each firm will want to get some of its good fighters on television. That means that to fit them into a four fight span, the matches may improve.
NickBarker
By the way, I'd lean towards picking Soto in this scrap.
BigG
This is helluva figh. I'm leaning towards Guzman to give Soto a boxing lesson but will lose some of the late rounds.
NickBarker
I knew you'd be on this one, man. I could really see this one going either way and believe that regardless of what happens in the results, the fight itself will be mustard. I'm very intrigued to see what Guzman will do against a very solid boxer-puncher like Soto, who also possesses some tangible strengths such as pretty good, though not as good as Guzman, hand speed and power.
BigG
I actually think Soto has more power then Guzman at 130 but Soto has never faced anyone with Guzman's speed and skill....Wouldn't be suprised to see Soto make it close because he always comes in great condition...but Guzman is definitely going to outbox him in the early-mid rounds.
T-MONEY
great match up this should be a hbo bad card. this is championship boxing here
Kijis Konar
I'm going with Soto.
NickBarker
I think this is about as good of an exemplar as one can get for what BAD fights should be.
JD
I think Guzman outboxes Soto, after hurting him early.
T-MONEY
Guzman is more a boxer then a puncher? i ant seen much of him. hows his power ? the light weight divisons still blowing up.
NickBarker
Guzman doesn't seem to have all that much pop. I view him a lot like Floyd Mayweather in that his power is generated by the speed he throws his punches with. The fights I've seen him in he tends to move very well and pot shot utilizing that superior hand speed. I doubt he'll be able to do that with Soto.
JD
QUOTE(NickBarker @ Jul 28 2007, 07:13 PM) [snapback]351526[/snapback]
Guzman doesn't seem to have all that much pop. I view him a lot like Floyd Mayweather in that his power is generated by the speed he throws his punches with. The fights I've seen him in he tends to move very well and pot shot utilizing that superior hand speed. I doubt he'll be able to do that with Soto.

I think you might be underrating Guzman's power a little bit.

Certainly he did not carry all of it up to 130 as can be evidenced by the fact that he hasn't stopped anyone up there, but I think he still punches well enough to hurt you...and certainly can get respect in there.
yuca
I'm going with Guzman, but he better watch out fot that uppercut, hopefully papa mayweather will teach him a couple of things.
madskills
I am a big Guzman fan, I think his speed and punching ability will be to much for Soto. Hopefully he can win.
Bazooka Limon
Soto by a ud
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.