Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Golden Boy Promoting pbf/hatton?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
allen003
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=9688

This is odd to me I thought Floyd was starting his new promotion company Mayweather Promotions but I guess Oscar had options after May 5. Would have been a perfect opportunity for Floyd's company to showcase its first event though.
Milk Dud
Oscar?

putting on great fights?

NickBarker
It'd have been nice if Oscar could have flexed some of his muscle to get Mayweather/Mosley made. Maybe he attempted to, but Floyd just didn't go for it.
hardhead
QUOTE(NickBarker @ Jul 27 2007, 10:34 PM) [snapback]351392[/snapback]
It'd have been nice if Oscar could have flexed some of his muscle to get Mayweather/Mosley made. Maybe he attempted to, but Floyd just didn't go for it.

That's what he still may be trying to do, if both Shane and Mayweather win in their bouts then DLH already has promotional rights on at least Mayweather's next fight which could be Shane since he's with GBP already. I also heard the vice president or the matchmaker(can't remember his name off the top) in an interview an he mentioned how the fans and more interest is in a Mayweather/Mosley fight instead of a DLH/Mayweather II.....All of this sounds like good news(for a Mayweather/Mosley fight) to me. Really now it's just up to Floyd going out and putting his money where his mouth is....If not that IMO the next best thing is Cotto/Mayweather......I actually like Cotto's chances a little more recently(I used to think differently)
allen003
QUOTE(Milk Dud @ Jul 27 2007, 05:23 PM) [snapback]351391[/snapback]
Oscar?

putting on great fights?

Well I mean matchup wise recently and top guys fighting other top guys like Winky/Bhop, even though it was a snooze fest it was two of the top guys in the sport. Now Mosley/Cotto and Mayweather/Hatton, which I believe will both be extremely successful in terms of ppv buys and at the gate as cotto brings in puerto rico fans into msg and hatton will be bringing the uk population into vegas. They both also have the prospect of being extremely exciting fights. Also working again with Bob Arum to create Pacquiao/Barrera 2. 2007 is gonna be an amazing yr for boxing as so many good fights have already happened and many more to follow.
Milk Dud
but is that what we now consider a great fight? A 42 year old and a 37 year old fighting at a weight that is not even a true weight class? and on PPV no less?

Pacquiao vs Barrera II is a mismatch plus with all their fighters pretty much fighting before this card I have to guess its going to be a shitty card

Cotto Mosley I give you even the world cup

Mayweather Hatton is not 100%

JMM Barrios should in no way be PPV

NickBarker
I just hope that neither Barrios nor Barrera throws a monkey wrench into the potential for Pacquiao/Marquez II. That's the fight that all the fans want to see.
Hodge
I think they need to work on the whole card as opposed to just the main event. You would think of all of the stars in their stable, they couldn't miss. With the GBP and Top Rank feud on hold for the moment, they should be able to make better cards.
Milk Dud
QUOTE(Hodge @ Jul 30 2007, 12:08 AM) [snapback]351690[/snapback]
I think they need to work on the whole card as opposed to just the main event. You would think of all of the stars in their stable, they couldn't miss. With the GBP and Top Rank feud on hold for the moment, they should be able to make better cards.

good idea but with the way May 5th do not be surprised if we get a shitty card because of the vast majority of the budget going to Mayweather and Hatton.

24 A BRICK
the undercard is gonna be weak, you can bet your house on that. GBP will throw a Bojado-vs-a high school Janitor fight. yory boy campos will probably be added to his 20th straight promoted retirement bout. butterbean will make his 500lbs and over newly formed GBP weightclass debut. butterbean will fight some 720lb guy wearing pampers who fights sitting on a chair. fight will probably go to the scorecards. after the scorecards are read De La hoya jumps in the ring with the 500lbs and over Ring Magazine belt and anoints butterbean as the victor. during intermission, Larry Merchant is drunker than the Hatton fans, Jim Lampey is getting served with court papers about a restraining order involving a teenager Jim used to fuck with. Harold Lederman is chewing tobacco while he's reading Nevada State rules of the fight. Hatton is practicing his hugging tactics with his fans on his way to the ring, 50 cent rolls out to the ring in a segway with Mayweather on his shoulders. Michael Buffer screams into the mic ("LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!") and the drama begins.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.