Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Forrest vs. Baldomir: Round by Round/Postfight
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Jack 1000
This thread is for any round by round discussion and post fight reactions to the Forrest-Baldimor fight.

Jack

Administrator
thehype
PREFIGHT
Baldomir enters first...slow walk to the ring with a look of uncertainty on his face. Merchant says that Baldomir started his training weighing in at over 200 pounds. From 200+ to 154...WOW! Forrest enters next...he looks confident, strong and solid.
hardhead
Here we go, I like Vernon by Decision, alhough I would like to see him knockout Baldomir, I'm not to crazy at guys that walk around at extreme high weights and have to shed like 40 50 pounds...
thehype
ROUND 1
Baldomir looks big and soft in the waist. He comes out firing a looping shot over the top. Forrest looking to establish his jab. Both men being a bit cautious. Forrest stuffs a jab in Baldomir's face. Baldomir digs a left to the body. Baldomir has a right hand blocked and misses with a looping left hook. Forrest lands two left hands upstairs. Left hook to the body lands for Forrest. Forrest looks quick tonight. Two left hooks land fo Forrest. Baldomir misses with a 1-2. Forrrest lands a jab. Baldomir lands a left hook. Baldomir lands a right, but pays for it with a counter left hook from Forrest. Round to Forrest, but Baldomir looks game.

Forrest 10 Baldomir 9
thehype
ROUND 2
Baldomir misses with a sloppy 1-2 to start the round. Forrest tries to land his jab. Baldomir ladns a right. Another right lands for Baldomir and Forrest digs a hard left hook to the body. Forrest lands two jabs. Both men trade on the inside. Baldomir lands a short left. Forrest lands a jab...and another jab snaps the head back of Baldomir. Two more lefts land for Forrest and Baldomir digs a 1-2 to the body. Baldomir lands a left hook upstairs. Forrest lands a right down the pipe and then spins Baldomir..gets a slight warning from the ref. Left hook to the body and a right hand upstairs lands for Forrest. Baldoimr answers with one of hisown. Hard uppercut lands for Forrest, but Baldomir fires a 1-2 upstairs. Better round for Baldomir, but not quite enough to take it. Round to Forrest.

Forrest 20 Baldomir 18
thehype
ROUND 3
Forrest's eye already starting to swell up. Forrest lands a jab to the start the round. Baldomir lands a left hook to the body. Big 1-2 lands for Forrest...Baldomir is game though. Right hand lands for Forrest. Baldomir charges in. Forrest retreats behind the jab. They trade left hooks. Forrest keeping the jab in Baldomir's face. Forrest misses with a big uppercut. They trade on the inside. Two jabs and a left hook lands for Forrest. Baldomir lands a right over the top. Two jabs lands for Baldomir now as Forrest retreats. Rigth hand lands for Baldomir. Forrest lands a counter left hook to end the round. Round to Forrest.

Forrest 30 Baldomir 27
thehype
ROUND 4
Baldomir lands a right to the body and a left hook upstairs. Forrest lands a hard right to the body himself. Short left hook lands for Forrest. WOOOOOO...HARD right hand lands upstairs fo Forrest. Baldomir freezes ans smiles, but then Forrest lands another left. They trae on the inside. HARD left hoks to the body lnad fo Forrest....wOOOO....nasty left hook lands for Forrest upstairs...and a right. Forrest sitting down on his punches. They trade to the body. Baldomir lands a right. They clash heads. A quick break in the action as the ref checks them out. The action resumes. Forrest lands a straight right. Straight right and a left hook lands for Forrest. Baldomir starts complaining about something, but then he pays for it by eating another big left hook. BIG round for Forrest.

Forrest 40 Baldomir 36
thehype
ROUND 5
Forrest back to establishing the jab. WOOOOOO...big left hook from Forrest has the crowd in awe. Forrest is looking pretty sharp in there. Left hook to the body lands for Forrest. Baldomir keeps walking forrest. Another thuddinglef hook lands for Forrest and crowd cheers. Forrest making it look easy as he dances away and lands everything. Baldomir falling for all the feints. Jab, jab and Forrest dances away. Baldomir lands a left hook. Forrest lands an uppercut. Baldomir is still there tough working some uppercuts of hiw own. Both men trading on the inside. Left hook to the body lands for Forrest to end the round.

Forrest 50 Baldomir 45
hardhead
Forrest is looking good, landing some very hard shots, starting to time ZBaldomir more and more Baldomir has a very solid chin.....4-0 Forrest...
hardhead
my bad 5-0
thehype
ROUND 6
A look of frustration on Baldomir in his corner...almost as if he's ready to call it a night. Forrest works the jab. Baldomir misses with a sloppy right hand. Hard left hook lands upstairs for Forrest. Baldomir lands a right upstiars. Forrest digs a left to the body. Right hand upstairs lands for Forrest. Two jabs land for Forrest and Baldomir looks frustrated. Left ook from Forrest snaps the had back of Baldomir...and a debilitating lef hook to the body stops Baldomir in his tracks. The ref thought the punch was a little low though. Both men trade on the inside...Baldomir getting the worst of it as Forrest digs to the body. Round to Forrest.

Forrest 60 Baldomir 54
hardhead
money in the bank, Forrest looks good tonight, if he somehow gets a KO that would be a cherry on top....6-0 Forrest
Jack 1000
I have only given Baldy the first round. Vern's just doing more controlling the fight. Although it's entertaining.

Jack
thehype
ROUND 7
Forrest firing the jab...lands a stiff 1-2 upstairs. Baldomir just eats it and keeps coming forward...not sure how much of those he can take though. Quick, chopping right hook lands for Forrest. Baldomir slowing down. Forrest lands an uppercut on the inside. Right to the body...and a HARD left hook upstaris wobbles Baldomir. Baldomir looking really sloppy right now...breathin heavy. Baldomir lands a jab as Forrest seems to take a break. Two jabs land for Forrest....and a right. Left hook lands for Forrest. Wooooooo...another HARD 1-2 lands upstairs Forrest. Again, Baldomir eats it and keeps coming forward. Round to Forrest.

Forrest 70 Baldomir 63
hardhead
Forrest landed a BIG left hook in the middle and finished that round off strong, in out landing big shots, right hands left hooks, baldomir will landed here and there but Forrest is landing 2 and 3 to 1
thehype
ROUND 8
Baldomir chases Forrest down, but pays for it with a left hook from Forrest. They trade jabs. Forrest lands another hard 1-2. Two jabs land for Forrest and he dances away. Forrest just walking around the ring and throwing feints...now Baldomir walks into a left hook. Baldomir jst stops in the center fo the ring...frustrated with the fact that Forrest is moving so much. Short left hook lands forForrest. Baaldomir lands an uppercut along the ropes. Left hook upstairs and downstairs lans for Forrest. Baldomir lands a right to the body himself. Forrest lands a right hand upstairs to end the round. Round to Forrest.

Forrest 80 Baldomir 72
hardhead
bullshit, Baldomir wasw pushing his head down and the punch went a little low, that wasn't ion purpose...
thehype
ROUND 9
Baldomir rushes in again and Forrest dances away. Two jabs and a right land for Forrest. Jab and left hook lands for Forrest. Baldomir lands a right. Left hook lands for Forrest. Uppercut and a left hook lands for Forrest. Baldomir lands a right. Now Forrest lands a left hook that's low. The ref takes a point. Baldomir lands a right...WOOOOOOOOOOOO...HUGE uppercut lands for Forrest. Both men start trading along the ropes. Forrest circles away...Baldomir just stands in the center of the ring and waits for Forrest to fight. Round to Baldomir
hardhead
9-1 Forrest, with a 10-8 for Baldomir in the 9th...
thehype
round 10
forrest content to work the jab and circle away. baldomir continues to press the forward, landing looping right hand to the back of forrest's head. 1-2 lands for Forrest and he dances away. Another 1-2 lands. Baldomir continues to press forward ineffectively. Round to Forrest.

Forrest 98 Baldomir 91
thehype
Round 11
Forrest works the jab...doubling and tripling up on it. Baldomir gets in on the inside and works the body. Forrest answers with some body work of his own. Forrest keeping the jab in Baldomir's face...giving him angles an dmoving away. Quick 1-2 down the pipe lands for Forrest. Forrest lands a right as Baldomir presses forward. Big left hook lands for Forrest. The trade efts. Forrest lands a wicked right hook followed by a left upstairs. Round to Forrest.

Forrest 108 Baldomir 100
hardhead
There's been some very good exchanges in this fight, much better then I expected, Forrewst round agin in the 11th......10-1 Forrest, Baldomir needs to land a miracle KO to win this fight, Forrest is looking very good against the tough hard chinned brawler...anybody else may have been KOed with some ogf the shots VF is landing......
thehype
ROUND 12
Baldomir lands a left hook to start the round. Forrest dances away behind the jab. Baldomir rushes in and they trade on the inside. Left hook lands for Forrest. Baldomir lands a right. Another left hook lands for Forrest...another...and another. WOOOOO...another left hand from Forrest wobbles Baldomir. Nice three punch combo lands for Forrest. Again...Baldomir walks into another great left hand from Forrest. Baldomir lands a left, but Forrest lands a 1-2. Both men look tired and a little sloppy right now. WOOOO...nice right hand a left hook lands for Forrest. Baldomir winging shots and missing. Another nice left hook lands for Forrest. That's it. There's the bell. Round to Forrest. An appreciative crowd is on it's feet.

Forrest 118 Baldomir 109
hardhead
HATS OFF to Forrest, landing some HUGE SHOTS in the final round, pretty good against the Heavyweight Baldomir........ rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

Jack 1000
Well, Forrest totally dominated in a one-sided but still fun fight. (Better than Hopkins-Wright.) The 9th was confusing. Ref Ortega was indecisive about the low-blow and point deduction. I thought he took it from Carlos, but he took it from Vern.

In rounds 10-2 Forrest.

Jack
hardhead
Great performance by Forrest, I'm very happy for him, looked like the old Forrest in there....He actually could throw the jab a little more but the way he was timing Baldomir up so accurate why the hell even worry about a measwly jab, when he did throw it it wa snapping Baldomir's head back...
thehype
Official judges scorecards: 118-109, 118-109, 116-111

The winner by unanimous decision....

AND NEW WBC Jr. Middleweight Champion of the World....

Vernon "The Viper" Forrest

POSTFIGHT

286/663 forrest total punches
157/669 baldomir total punches

107/342 forrest jabs
42/154 baldomir jabs

Forrest says he's back on top right now. Said Baldomir is a hell of a fighter and his relentless gave him flashbacks of Mayorga. "I brought my A game tonight," stated Forrest. Forrest opted not to call out anyone right now, saying that he hasn't even been champion for five minutes and all he wants to do right now is go home and rest. Baldomir says that he believes this was his last fight.
hardhead
Baldomir is ALL class I gotta give him that....
hardhead
I couldn't even see giving Baldomir more then 2 rounds.....
lilpoppapump
QUOTE(hardhead @ Jul 28 2007, 11:20 PM) [snapback]351575[/snapback]
Baldomir is ALL class I gotta give him that....

Agree and a chin out of this world.
Bill The Butcher
Yeah, I was pretty impressed with Forrest. He dominated that fight.

It will be interesting who he decides to fight next. He definitely wants the Mayorga rematch.

hardhead
QUOTE(Bill The Butcher @ Jul 29 2007, 04:31 AM) [snapback]351580[/snapback]
Yeah, I was pretty impressed with Forrest. He dominated that fight.

It will be interesting who he decides to fight next. He definitely wants the Mayorga rematch.

I think he just might get it, because I think Mayorga probvably has more in the tank and is less shot then Vargas is, but even though I don't have a problem with neiother guy I think I'll have to pull for Vargas...it would be such a sad way to go out for a guy who was an olympiabn and so highly regarded and at the pinnacle at one time...

The Forrrest tonight looked so much better then the Forrest that IMO lost to Quartey. Forrest stamina looked greaty and his timing and counterpunching was on point....That's the two things I noticed more then anything....He looked real rusty against Ike...maybe that's what it was...Of course Ike is a much more skilled fighter IMO at this point but it was still no less impressive...
salvador
Forrest looked great against a slow, B-/C+ level fighter. It seemed as if his shoulder was still bothering him because he wasn't throwing his jab as authoritatively as he did before the surgeries, which might end up being a positive for him as it might help to land him bigger fights - which he deserves. It was definitly an entertaining fight and I'd love to see him fight again.
Al Hata
Vernon looked good tonight. I would like to see him get another chance in a big fight. Lets have mayorga KO vargas and then set up forrest/mayo 3.
_iodine_
He looked very sharp. It was evident in the very first round who was going to win the fight.
hardhead
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jul 29 2007, 05:36 AM) [snapback]351586[/snapback]
This is great. I'm happy for Vernon, as I have always kinda liked him.

So he looked better and more sharp tonight than in his previous performances?

Yes, he looked like a totally different fighter, like Forrest of old....
BrutalBodyShots
Were his Destiny's Children on hand for the fight?

hardhead
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Jul 29 2007, 06:39 AM) [snapback]351593[/snapback]
Were his Destiny's Children on hand for the fight?

No, I read in an interview that he gave up that cause to focus on his boxing career, must've been too much of a distraction with the injuries.
kidbazooka1
Great fight and good win for Forrest lets see him in with the Mayo/Vargas winner.

Baldomir has a chin made out of titanuim.
hardhead
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Jul 29 2007, 07:33 AM) [snapback]351597[/snapback]
Great fight and good win for Forrest lets see him in with the Mayo/Vargas winner.

Baldomir has a chin made out of titanuim.

For real, Baldomir is one tough motherfucker, of course he walks around huge....

I think if Vargas wins he should retire, he's taken some severe beatings and even though Mayorga has taken some beatings to I think Mayorga has a little bit left, plus he has some history with Forrest....I would love to see Forrest get some revenge on Mayorga..Both of them probably should retire though..

I wonder when that fight would happen, probably in December I would think....

kidbazooka1
Obviousley I would rather see Forrest fight Mayo who I believe also has more in the tank than Vargas.
_iodine_
you guys are more excited about this fight now than you were before it happened. Forrest/Baldy I mean.
Kijis Konar
Forrest looked great last night- very close to the Forrest of old. Hopefully good fights will come to him now.

By the way, Forrest stops Mayorga in 5.
Method
Forrest looked really good last night. More impressive against Baldo than Mayweather, IMO.
Southeastpaw
This division has been taken over by former lightweights and welterweights.
Bill The Butcher
QUOTE(hardhead @ Jul 28 2007, 11:42 PM) [snapback]351581[/snapback]
I think he just might get it, because I think Mayorga probvably has more in the tank and is less shot then Vargas is, but even though I don't have a problem with neiother guy I think I'll have to pull for Vargas...it would be such a sad way to go out for a guy who was an olympiabn and so highly regarded and at the pinnacle at one time...

The Forrrest tonight looked so much better then the Forrest that IMO lost to Quartey. Forrest stamina looked greaty and his timing and counterpunching was on point....That's the two things I noticed more then anything....He looked real rusty against Ike...maybe that's what it was...Of course Ike is a much more skilled fighter IMO at this point but it was still no less impressive...

When I first heard about the Mayorga/Vargas fight, I automatically thought Vargas wins this. I think he is bigger, more intelligent, all around better boxer and he would take a mid round stoppage over Mayorga. But now I'm getting a wierd feeling, that Mayorga is going to survive the early and mid rounds and pull off a stoppage over Vargas. I really hope not, because I'm a fan of Vargas. He just isn't the same anymore. Doesn't he have back problems? He just seemed way too stiff and slow against Mosley in their second fight. And it had nothing to do with Mosley's speed. Vargas looked slow even when he was trying to press the action.

That said. If Mayorga wins, I hope they make the Forrest/Mayorga III fight. NO PPV!!!
BrutalBodyShots
Congrats to McGirt for finally posting a win.

jlupi
I still remember pernell saying, I think before the delahoya fight, that he was working with a young fighter vernon forrest that could beat delahoya now.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(Bill The Butcher @ Jul 29 2007, 06:46 PM) [snapback]351659[/snapback]
When I first heard about the Mayorga/Vargas fight, I automatically thought Vargas wins this. I think he is bigger, more intelligent, all around better boxer and he would take a mid round stoppage over Mayorga. But now I'm getting a wierd feeling, that Mayorga is going to survive the early and mid rounds and pull off a stoppage over Vargas. I really hope not, because I'm a fan of Vargas. He just isn't the same anymore. Doesn't he have back problems? He just seemed way too stiff and slow against Mosley in their second fight. And it had nothing to do with Mosley's speed. Vargas looked slow even when he was trying to press the action.

That said. If Mayorga wins, I hope they make the Forrest/Mayorga III fight. NO PPV!!!

i really dont think mayorga has a chance against anyone above 154lbs. the man is just too small. and with the way he reacted to delahoya, who is not a huge puncher, makes me think that vargas's shots will hurt him bad.

i would love to see mayorga get back down to 147 to see what he can do.
rusty_trombone
I didn't post on this fight, cause I have so little respect for Baldomir I thought this fight was meaningless for Forrest. I will say that Forrest looks like he is at least at a level where he can abuse complete scrubs. I am also dumbfounded at why Manny was saying Baldomir looked fast in the early rounds, i thought he looked slow as dirt and his punches were round and just sloppy. Baldomir really capitalized off of the win over Zab, a really overrated win IMO, I think if a focused Zab or even an average version of Zab fought him it wouldn't be close. I think his win over Gatti is laughable. I just realized I am only posting so I can hate on Baldomir. Fuck him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.