Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boxrec
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Warlord
This topic has been beat to death in the past, but I just have to say it one more time. Boxrec has the absolute gayest ranking system on the face of the earth. It makes the BCS look like Rocket Science.

Here is a perfect example, as of today Boxrec has Evander Holyfield listed at #52 on it's list of "top" heavyweights. Okay, the man is old, yeah, I get that shit. Fine. But guess who is listed at #46. Fres Oquendo. WTF? Didn't Holyfield just starch Fres two fights ago?

Jesus, and that's not all. I also see shitheads like Audley Harrison, Tye Fields, Henry Akinwande, Danny Williams, Lamon Brewster, and John Ruiz ranked ahead of Holyfield as well. All guys who are either virtually retired or coming off losses. Tye Fields? Tye fucking Fields? Are you fucking shitting me? Is Tye Fields NOT the most garbage fighter in the history of the world? Gimme a break.

Boxrec is a great site as far as historical records go, but everything else there is flat out shit, and the new color scheme is gay. I hope Fighthype starts doing some kind of ranking system, just to provide a counter balance to the shit that gets put up over at boxrec.

Rant over, I'm out.
~Warlord
_iodine_
Boxrec's ranking system is completely digital. Their purpose is not to provide rankings but to provide boxing records.. They are primarily a database. that is all. They do have news and what-not, but their soul purpose for existence is to provide Boxing Records. If you want rankings go to Ring mag on-line or whatever. Boxrec is what it is, and i'm glad it's there.
Warlord
QUOTE(_iodine_ @ Jul 28 2007, 09:14 PM) [snapback]351543[/snapback]
Boxrec's ranking system is completely digital. Their purpose is not to provide rankings but to provide boxing records.. They are primarily a database. that is all. They do have news and what-not, but their soul purpose for existence is to provide Boxing Records. If you want rankings go to Ring mag on-line or whatever. Boxrec is what it is, and i'm glad it's there.

I'm glad it's there too. But their ranking system is still gay as shit, and if they are only there for historical data and nothing more, then they need to take the rest of that shit down.
BrutalBodyShots
It can't be a completely digital ranking system because the system was obviously invented by humans - so whatever formulas they are using they are clearly garbage.

mnvkng76
Site design is so terrible I can't bring myself to use it anymore
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.