FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Al Hata
The year of the Scarlet Knights!

Gentlemen, Begin. drinks.gif
hardhead
HELL YEAH!!!!
Spyder
Don't get your hopes up buddy, his "run right every fucking time" shtick is exposed......
I agree!

Let's see how Mr gator does fulltime for 4 qtrs. now. He won't have the stamina late to pull of half of that stuff from last year.

Time to take the diapers off and watch him actually move the team down the field himself, and I'm not talking about against TROY or FAU either. lol

You silly Gator haters. Haven't you learned by now?...

The Gators are defending National Champions not because Chris Leak was at quarterback, they're defending National Champions IN SPITE of Chris Leak's contributions at quarterback.

Last year watching the Great One march up and down the field...every Gator would think about this season, when Heyseus Tebow would'nt be forced to split time...and snaps...with some underachieving hack.

The SEC is gonna be in a world of hurt...

Al Hata
QUOTE(Spyder @ Aug 2 2007, 12:54 AM) [snapback]352115[/snapback]
Heyseus Tebow

laugh.gif
hardhead
QUOTE(Spyder @ Aug 2 2007, 04:54 AM) [snapback]352115[/snapback]

The Gators are defending National Champions not because Chris Leak was at quarterback, they're defending National Champions IN SPITE of Chris Leak's contributions at quarterback.

Last year watching the Great One march up and down the field...every Gator would think about this season, when Heyseus Tebow would'nt be forced to split time...and snaps...with some underachieving hack.

You're right I don't think it's your offense you gotta worry about but your defense buddy, replacing 9 starters on defense.....I know the Gators have lots of talent but that's A LOT to replace in one year my friend...
Spyder
QUOTE(hardhead @ Aug 2 2007, 04:51 PM) [snapback]352168[/snapback]
You're right I don't think it's your offense you gotta worry about but your defense buddy, replacing 9 starters on defense.....I know the Gators have lots of talent but that's A LOT to replace in one year my friend...

Not too hard to do when you have two 5 star defensive lineman and an assortment of 4 and 3 star defensive recruits.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist.asp...7&School=21
hardhead
QUOTE(Spyder @ Aug 2 2007, 09:33 PM) [snapback]352173[/snapback]
Not too hard to do when you have two 5 star defensive lineman and an assortment of 4 and 3 star defensive recruits.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist.asp...7&School=21

Every top notch program has 4 and 5 star recruits. but when you have to replace 9 starters on any side of the ball for any team, that's not something you can easily overlook. Defense was the strength of your squad last year and it will be interesting to see fast they can reload. I think your offense is going to have to carry the load especially in the first half of the season.
Spyder
I agree that defense is a tough aspect to rebuild, but when you have the team speed that Florida has, it might be a little easier than expected.

My only concern is if the rest of the SEC can keep up!!!

hardhead
QUOTE(Spyder @ Aug 3 2007, 04:53 AM) [snapback]352194[/snapback]
I agree that defense is a tough aspect to rebuild, but when you have the team speed that Florida has, it might be a little easier than expected.

My only concern is if the rest of the SEC can keep up!!!

laugh.gif

Gator mania at an all time high...

hardhead
Tebow kind of looks a little like Grossman...
Spyder
I hope he passes like Grossman...well at least the Grossman that should've won the Heisman with 38 TDs and almost a million passing yards!!

thumbsup_anim.gif
rusty_trombone
you know, i almost feel bad for fans of other universities besides UF. But don't blame them for constantly being the best at the two most important college sports. and OSU, maybe this will be the year you actually get a dub against the gators, although I doubt it.

caneman
QUOTE(Spyder @ Aug 2 2007, 12:54 AM) [snapback]352115[/snapback]

y'all had a great year/game vs OSU & did recruit well but don't get carried away yet! what happened 5 times in four years???????

QUOTE(Spyder @ Aug 3 2007, 08:49 AM) [snapback]352213[/snapback]
I hope he passes like Grossman...well at least the Grossman that should've won the Heisman with 38 TDs and almost a million passing yards!!

thumbsup_anim.gif

the one the canes stomp by 20 points 2 times? laugh.gif
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(caneman @ Aug 3 2007, 08:47 PM) [snapback]352303[/snapback]
y'all had a great year/game vs OSU & did recruit well but don't get carried away yet! what happened 5 times in four years???????
the one the canes stomp by 20 points 2 times? laugh.gif

Ken Dorsey = greatest quarterback that didn't have to play. and it's easy to beat the gators when you have cell block d, who can barely read on the d-line and cell block f who can't read at all in the secondary. if we fielded a pro squad on defense that year, maybe we would have had a shot. and we did blow one of those games like bitches. that was one of the worst games ever, big lead at halftime, abused in the second half. Luckily I was too drunk to remember how we blew the lead, but I do remember being pissed at the only retarded guy that was a UM fan. Fuck you guys.
caneman
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Aug 3 2007, 09:46 PM) [snapback]352307[/snapback]
Ken Dorsey = greatest quarterback that didn't have to play. and it's easy to beat the gators when you have cell block d, who can barely read on the d-line and cell block f who can't read at all in the secondary. if we fielded a pro squad on defense that year, maybe we would have had a shot. and we did blow one of those games like bitches. that was one of the worst games ever, big lead at halftime, abused in the second half. Luckily I was too drunk to remember how we blew the lead, but I do remember being pissed at the only retarded guy that was a UM fan. Fuck you guys.

lmao! i understand now...that's what makes the difference huh? i bet you are one of those guys that acts like the gators scored a TD when they only gained 3 yards when they needed 4 for a 1st down & then cry how you were robbed! be honest....sound about right? laugh.gif
Spyder
QUOTE(caneman @ Aug 5 2007, 11:37 AM) [snapback]352691[/snapback]
lmao! i understand now...that's what makes the difference huh? i bet you are one of those guys that acts like the gators scored a TD when they only gained 3 yards when they needed 4 for a 1st down & then cry how you were robbed! be honest....sound about right? laugh.gif

Do you think the Canes might finish the season ranked this year?
caneman
they should with coker gone but i see us needing to rebuild some! you never know in college football & that's what makes it so great weather the canes are ranked or not! i just love the college football! i know our defense will be good but to be a national power house, some guys on offense will seriously have to be balling! with a new system that is hard as hell! we will have a running game too...question is how will our passing be!?!?!? it ain't far away so we'll see! we play OU in norman & texas A&M as well! it should be interesting & regardless WAR COLLEGE FOOTBALL! drinks.gif
Spyder
I can't wait to see Tebow and his 10 disciples as well!!

thumbsup_anim.gif
caneman
how many did you lose on defense this past year? you know? i love the thought of football season coming! clapping.gif drinks.gif
Spyder
QUOTE(caneman @ Aug 6 2007, 12:56 PM) [snapback]352939[/snapback]
how many did you lose on defense this past year? you know? i love the thought of football season coming! clapping.gif drinks.gif

I think it's something like 9 starters...but you know how well Florida teams reload talent on defense. There is just too much speed on that side of the ball every year! When one guy leaves, there's another one ready to take his place. You know?
caneman
i am a hurricane bro, do you think i know? lol yea ALL FLA schools reload pretty dam well! there's a reason there are 8 national titles between the 3 schools the last what 20 years...i guess a little more than that to count our 5 titles! think about this, IMO we lost to OSU on a bad call & the year before that we would have played OU in our back yard if it wasn't for the BCS! that could have been 7 titles & 10 for the 3 schools since '83! pretty dam amazing no matter how you choose to think about it! the thing that always seems to hurt though is losing players early & it seems we do every year! portis, james, taylor, magahee, buchcanon, reed, ray lewis, vilma, and many more! 77 players in the 1st round since 1983!
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(caneman @ Aug 5 2007, 11:37 AM) [snapback]352691[/snapback]

yo, i don't remember that exact situation, but yeah that sounds like me during a game.
Al Hata
So close, yet so far away.

Al Hata's Week 1 predictions:

Rutgers 42 Buffalo 2
Georgia 24 Okie st. 17
UT 38 Cal 24
WF 28 BC 24
Clemson 21 FSU 18
GTech 49 ND 10

rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Al Hata @ Aug 9 2007, 01:16 PM) [snapback]353331[/snapback]
So close, yet so far away.

Al Hata's Week 1 predictions:

Rutgers 42 Buffalo 2
Georgia 24 Okie st. 17
UT 38 Cal 24
WF 28 BC 24
Clemson 21 FSU 18
GTech 49 ND 10

you really think GT is going to blow up on Notre Dame. Man, I hope so.
caneman
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Aug 9 2007, 06:19 PM) [snapback]353356[/snapback]
you really think GT is going to blow up on Notre Dame. Man, I hope so.

that would be beautiful...i have no idea why exactly but i have always hated ND but see 30-21 as about what the score will be!
Spyder
QUOTE(caneman @ Aug 9 2007, 06:49 PM) [snapback]353358[/snapback]
that would be beautiful...i have no idea why exactly but i have always hated ND but see 30-21 as about what the score will be!

I can tell you why you've hated them...YOU'RE A MIAMI FAN!!!

laugh.gif

Those two used to battle for the top spot every year in the 80's...back in the days when Rocket Ismael was the MAN!!
Al Hata
7 days till kickoff for the Knights. I like to keep my tailgates themed. So, the Tailgate Menu for Thursday night:

Buffalo burgers served with a side of Rice.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH

drinks.gif
hardhead
2 days left till kick off!!!! LSU/Mississippi State.
caneman
QUOTE(Spyder @ Aug 10 2007, 09:52 AM) [snapback]353395[/snapback]
I can tell you why you've hated them...YOU'RE A MIAMI FAN!!!

laugh.gif

Those two used to battle for the top spot every year in the 80's...back in the days when Rocket Ismael was the MAN!!

actually i hated ND since the early 70's cause a few family members loved them so much laugh.gif i became a cane fan in 1975 or 76 when they came to philly & i went to see them play temple. something about the colors & the team speed got me hooked! here is one of my favorite games of all time! AD destoryed ND in the 2nd half>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owwLrK7r9Mk
hardhead
My thoughts on the game.

Positives:

Flynn showed great decision making and athleticism, he threw the ball very well and showed he can run and make decisions(and pocket presence and scrambling)
Ali Highsmith and Craig Stelz were alll over the field!!!
Doucet shows why he's one of the top WR in the country, came up with the big catches to put the game away early.
All of the running backs looked great(Williams, Hester, Scott Murphey)
Basically the defense is sick and definitley looked dominant, I mean 0 points i don't care who you play, you can't get any better then a shutout.

Negatives:

Offensive line(mostly pass protection). They definitely under performed and were letting too much pressure in on Flynn. If Flynn wasn't as quick and as athletic we would've given up more sacks and more loss of yardage. They must correct those offesnive line issues because it only gets worse from here on out. This is my biggest concern offensively

Too many penalties, especially on offense, they must cut down on those mental mistakes because when you play some of these higher ranked teams you'll pay..

I think the O-line issues(mostly O-Line giving up to much pressure), new coordinator and QB, first game of the year against a conference foe and raining like crazy, and Mississippi Sate came out fired up the game was a little closeer then expected in the first half.

For Mississippi State Titus Brown was playing his *** off and definitely stood out on the defensive side..

This is for Hata, I see that Rutgers gave Buffalo that side of dirty RICE.....

I can't wait for Saturday even though it's a cupcake week for the most part..

Tonight I might go watch some local high school prospects..
hardhead
Just got my tickets to V-Tech/LSU....

Saturday night, Death Valley!!!! I'm fucking pumped, I got 29 rows up on the field, close enough to see everything but not too close where I get blocked from the sidelines...
hardhead
Appalachin St over Michigan in the 3rd quarter???

What??
Bill The Butcher
Just started watching College Football. I don't really know much about it. My buddy is a Washington Huskies fan. So I just watched the Huskies VS. Syracuse game yesterday. It was a fun game to watch. Huskies had like 6+ sacks. And their new quarterback seems pretty good. Locker? He runs the ball a lot. Their running back was desent too. Rankin?

They were saying the Huskies have a really tough schedule this season. If not, one of the toughest out of the other teams.
hardhead
Appalachin state pulls of one of the greatest upsets possibly in college football history!!!!!!! Un fucking believeable!!!!!! Loyd Carr's head is going to roll...Unless he runs the table and oulls it back together even then I don't know if you can recover from one of these losses wih his recent history against Ohio St and some of Michigan's big game perfromances over the years...Not good for Michigan right now.
hardhead
QUOTE(Bill The Butcher @ Sep 1 2007, 07:58 PM) [snapback]355857[/snapback]
Just started watching College Football. I don't really know much about it. My buddy is a Washington Huskies fan. So I just watched the Huskies VS. Syracuse game yesterday. It was a fun game to watch. Huskies had like 6+ sacks. And their new quarterback seems pretty good. Locker? He runs the ball a lot. Their running back was desent too. Rankin?

They were saying the Huskies have a really tough schedule this season. If not, one of the toughest out of the other teams.

Usually every team's first couple weeks are weaker teams to get ready for the conference games. That's what you saw last night, kind of like a warmup game(they play Ohio St and Boise St next two weeks). Washington did what they had to do and put Syracuse away nicely. Willingham is a good coach but he's still in the rebuilding mode and looking at that schedule it indeed looks ROUGH, they might not win 6 games this year just because they have no room to slip up, but if they can pull off an upset or two(like they did with UCLA) and take care of those 4 or 5 games, that'll be a big improvment. Who knows maybe a bowl game if you can win 7. Even though they only won 5 games last year they were competitive in many of their losses, once they get the talent in there from recruiting you should see some of those close losses turn into close wins and so on..

They say that the QB was a highly recruited QB, he was one of the best players in Washington so that's a big recruit for the program, you gotta get those first couple recruiting classes in there before you can start seeing the corner turn..and you're seeing it with that QB. I just looked himp up and he was the 4th ranked Dual threat QB in the nation, so he's threat to run and pass(4.6 40).
DEP Nihilist
I don't watch college football and don't plan on watching it but it was hard not to laugh at Michigan when I saw this on SC.
Bill The Butcher
The freshman, running back, Jahvid best from Cal is FAST. They were saying he is the fourth fastest in the nation.

This run from yesterday's game is pretty impressive, followed by the nice touchdown leap by Jordan. Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVAYkH-BTiw
rusty_trombone
well, it sucks for lloyd carr, to lose your job after one game and to have to coach the games until they find a replacement. Lloyd must know his job is gone already.

Anyone see the Gators fuck up Western Kentucky, they screwed us out of another couple of scores, fucking lightning ended the game with half a quarter left.
hardhead
The crazy thing about the Michigan/App St game is that they might still win the Big-10, they have some great offensive weapons, it's just the defense that looked terrible......Wisconsin is tough though, they've been one of those sleeper teams for the last few years...
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(hardhead @ Sep 2 2007, 06:45 PM) [snapback]356001[/snapback]
The crazy thing about the Michigan/App St game is that they might still win the Big-10, they have some great offensive weapons, it's just the defense that looked terrible......Wisconsin is tough though, they've been one of those sleeper teams for the last few years...

yeah, what does that say about the Big-10?
hardhead
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Sep 3 2007, 12:58 AM) [snapback]356023[/snapback]
yeah, what does that say about the Big-10?

All I know is I would hate to be a Big-10 fan if that happened.
hardhead
This is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!

Appalachian is HOT HOT HOT!!!!
Al Hata

I cannot believe michigan lost. Unreal. It makes our loss to new hampshire a few years ago not so bad.

I think RU looks good, its hard to tell after playing buffalo. I like what I saw, but if we had played louisville or wvu, we would have been beat down. Need to show some improvment on defense.

Got navy on friday, should show a little bit more about us.
hardhead
I'm leaving to go to the game tonight(LSU/V-Tech) should be FUN, especially if we win.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(hardhead @ Sep 8 2007, 11:41 AM) [snapback]356573[/snapback]
I'm leaving to go to the game tonight(LSU/V-Tech) should be FUN, especially if we win.

GO LSU!! Fuck the ACC.
hardhead
My god did we fucking rip Virginia Tech's asshole, damn I wasn't expecting us to drop 48 on these motherfuckers, damn. I have to say I'm really liking this new offensive coordinator, this offense has the potential to maybe be the best offense LSU has ever had, the schemes fight the players so well it seems, I know it's early and there's PLENTY of tough games on the schedule but man, they exploded on this defense. I also think Tech's defense is very good and I think they'll probably win the ACC(Boston College might surprise:)..) I just think our offense played that good tonight and is starting to come to together just at the right time.

Bring on Middle Tennessee State!!!
hardhead
The Huskies beat Boise St, that was a BIG win for the program and as we were talking about Bill the Butcher, that's the type of games that if Willingham can pull off a couple more and win the close one's, that would be impressive, they're on a come up and might just get a bowl game and then next year maybe competing with the Cals and the Oregon's, really Cal is the most consistent Pac-10 team behind SC, SC is just so far ahead at the moment, but with the Cal and UCLA and Oregeon(and Huskies improving) looking to be very good this year maybe they can bridge the gap...
Al Hata

Just so you guys know, I did not boo or cuss at the Navel Academy.

drinks.gif
hardhead
Noel Devine got a nice carry in the 2nd half, broke out for about 25...
hardhead
Devine just broke another big one!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.