Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clottey/Judah
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Elijah
Clottey fights next week Zab fights Sept. 7th no way they could fight each other in November which is a shame cuz that would be one hell of a card but this is a fight I woud like to see. Clottey has a pretty damn good chin so I think he could withstand Zab punching power and he's got some pretty good pop himself. Not bad defensively either. This would be a pretty good fight. How does everyone else think this fight plays out?
BigG
I don't think this is a good fight for Zab to be honest. I'd favor Clottey.
Milk Dud
unless you are a Judah fan who cares what is good for Zab? Guy has been talking like he is still a viable contender out there so why not put him in with a legitimate one and see if he does still have anything the boxing public wants to see anymore?

Clottey would give us that answer.
salvador
Judah really needs to figure out how to get himself down to 140. He needs some solid wins over solid guys like Vivian Harris, Witter or whoever - people who are going to have a tougher time taking his straight left hand.

Clottey beats Judah pretty handily, and Judah's career would be over for a relatively small payday. That said, I'd love to see this fight because Judah does have a big mouth (and is way more exciting to watch because of it) and Clottey deserves a big name opponent, and I don't think anyone at 147 has any interest in fighting him.

BrutalBodyShots
I think Clottey stops Judah late.

NickBarker
I've taken to Clottey and would like to see him in any prominent fight that I can.
NickBarker
I've taken to Clottey and would like to see him in any prominent fight that I can.
NickBarker
NickBarker
The Original MrFactor
Clottey KO 7. I agree with Sal. Zab should move to 140. His biggest fights at WW have all been losses save for the 1 win against Spinks.
Milk Dud
QUOTE(salvador @ Aug 3 2007, 11:03 AM) [snapback]352230[/snapback]
Judah really needs to figure out how to get himself down to 140. He needs some solid wins over solid guys like Vivian Harris, Witter or whoever - people who are going to have a tougher time taking his straight left hand.

Clottey beats Judah pretty handily, and Judah's career would be over for a relatively small payday. That said, I'd love to see this fight because Judah does have a big mouth (and is way more exciting to watch because of it) and Clottey deserves a big name opponent, and I don't think anyone at 147 has any interest in fighting him.

I dont understand how Judah's mouth makes him any more exciting? If anything it makes it worse because he rarely, if ever, backs up what he has said

****he said we going to mop up Tszyu so bad there wont be any rematch
well there wasnt a rematch because of him getting mopped

****talked about how Baltazar was not in his league (Baldomir)
yep he is a little above it

****talked of how Mayweather's pass in NYC was getting revoked
sure it did thats why they had an NYC presser and he kind of turtled up after about the 5th round of their fight

****said he was going to destroy Cotto and how he was a whole different fighter than Cotto has faced
got destroyed himself

so where has his mouth brought anything other than more falsehoods to a fight?

salvador
QUOTE(Milk Dud @ Aug 3 2007, 12:40 PM) [snapback]352240[/snapback]
I dont understand how Judah's mouth makes him any more exciting? If anything it makes it worse because he rarely, if ever, backs up what he has said

****he said we going to mop up Tszyu so bad there wont be any rematch
well there wasnt a rematch because of him getting mopped

****talked about how Baltazar was not in his league (Baldomir)
yep he is a little above it

****talked of how Mayweather's pass in NYC was getting revoked
sure it did thats why they had an NYC presser and he kind of turtled up after about the 5th round of their fight

****said he was going to destroy Cotto and how he was a whole different fighter than Cotto has faced
got destroyed himself

so where has his mouth brought anything other than more falsehoods to a fight?

Are you seriously telling me that listening to him shoot his mouth off doesn't make seeing him ko'd that much more exciting/enjoyable? I love seeing guys stick their necks out. Loved Prince Naseem as well (one of my favorite moments in all of boxing was watching him come in to fight Barrera and seeing that guy throw that beer on him). And the thing is, Judah almost ko'd Tsyzu in the first round, he rocked Cotto several times, and with the exception of the first Castillo fight, he won more rounds off of Floyd than anyone. He is a top guy, he is dangerous, and if he ever got his head together he could beat anyone on any given night. (Anyone at 147 except Williams or Margarito. Judah would have no chance against either.)
Elijah
I agree with what you're sayin salvador I think he misunderstood what you meant.

Zab has been talkin about how he ran Clottey outt the gym when they were sparring too. If they fight I suppose you can add him to Milk Duds list as well.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(salvador @ Aug 3 2007, 12:51 PM) [snapback]352244[/snapback]
Are you seriously telling me that listening to him shoot his mouth off doesn't make seeing him ko'd that much more exciting/enjoyable? I love seeing guys stick their necks out. Loved Prince Naseem as well (one of my favorite moments in all of boxing was watching him come in to fight Barrera and seeing that guy throw that beer on him). And the thing is, Judah almost ko'd Tsyzu in the first round, he rocked Cotto several times, and with the exception of the first Castillo fight, he won more rounds off of Floyd than anyone. He is a top guy, he is dangerous, and if he ever got his head together he could beat anyone on any given night. (Anyone at 147 except Williams or Margarito. Judah would have no chance against either.)

i agree with this. i love the trash talking. but i truly believe that zab is a 140lb fighter. any large 147lber is going to give judah some trouble.
Milk Dud
QUOTE(salvador @ Aug 3 2007, 11:51 AM) [snapback]352244[/snapback]

misunderstood your post into thinking you use his mouthing off as a reason to get excited about Zab and not Zab getting his shit peeled back

hell for me he doesn't need to talk anymore for me to want to see that everytime he is fighting

Lil-lightsout
How can a guy who got KO'd by Tsyzu, outpointed by Spinks, outpointed by Baldomir, embarrassed by Mayweather, and then pummeled by Cotto, keep talking so much shit? He is a total fucking joke.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Aug 3 2007, 04:02 PM) [snapback]352269[/snapback]
How can a guy who got KO'd by Tsyzu, outpointed by Spinks, outpointed by Baldomir, embarrassed by Mayweather, and then pummeled by Cotto, keep talking so much shit? He is a total fucking joke.

wouldnt say he got embarrassed by mayweather. i thought he won the first spinks fight. baldomir fight was close as well, but the fight shouldnt have been that close anyway. and he fought his ass off against cotto.

hes faced alot of top fighters. wouldnt call that a joke.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Aug 3 2007, 04:52 PM) [snapback]352273[/snapback]
wouldnt say he got embarrassed by mayweather. i thought he won the first spinks fight. baldomir fight was close as well, but the fight shouldnt have been that close anyway. and he fought his ass off against cotto.

Say what you want, but he lost all those fights. He talks so much shit and he hardly ever backs it up. I dont think he won the first Spinks fight, slow ass Baldomir outpointed him which he should have never lost to him. He was only slightly competetive with Mayweather for the first four rounds. Cotto gave Judah a beating, and Judah talked like he was the greatest before they fought, and then he ends up hardly throwing enough punches. My only point is he does way too much talking and just does not back it up.
BigG
It is true that he lost all those fights. But He was more then "a little competitive" vs. Floyd in the early rounds. Zab did TKO Spinks...and won two titles at 140. Also, he destoryed Cosme Rivera in 3...the same guy who knocked BOTH Berto and Julio down and argaubly beat Joel Julio...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Aug 3 2007, 05:15 PM) [snapback]352281[/snapback]
It is true that he lost all those fights. But He was more then "a little competitive" vs. Floyd in the early rounds. Zab did TKO Spinks...and won two titles at 140. Also, he destoryed Cosme Rivera in 3...the same guy who knocked BOTH Berto and Julio down and argaubly beat Joel Julio...

Yes, Zab is a very good fighter, no doubt about it. He is just a mental mess who talks too much and does not back it up. He did not let his hands go near enough against Cotto, or he could have probably beat him. He did not throw enough against Spinks in there first fight, and he lost because of it. He started off well against Floyd, but then he faded and got whipped. How the hell did he lose to slow ass Baldomir? I personally would like to see him back up all his tough talk, but the truth is he just got hammered by Cotto, he should just STFU and do his talking in the ring, because anyone can talk shit before the fight, what matters if they can actually back it up.
Elijah
Exactly, if Zab would box as well as he runs his mouth he would be undefeated.

He didn't throw more punches against Cotto cuz he was already eating enough leather as it was and that would have made him eat that much more. Dude just didn't wanna get hit with those bombs after the first few rounds.
_iodine_
I'm sure some of you have seen this but pay attention at about 2:90 into it. Funny shit.

cedric on judah

And I gotta say, as flakey as Zab is, you gotta give it to the guy. He takes tough fight after tough fight after tough fight and although he continuously winds up on the losing end, he always delivers and we are always entertained. In the end, that's what really matters. I've always been a fan of his and I always will be.
Milk Dud
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Aug 3 2007, 03:52 PM) [snapback]352273[/snapback]

who decided Baldomir was a top fighter?

for the second half he got shutout against Mayweather

and while he fought as good as I had seen him since Spinks II I wouldn't go so far as to say he "fought his ass off". After about the 4th (sense a trend there?) he didn't much but try and land left handed bomb single shots rather than actually try and gut out a win.

it's amazing how many people STILL play apologist for this scum fuck.
neophyte7
Clottey walka around at around 180 pounds... he weighed about 170 pounds in there against Corrales... Zab is too small for Clottey

clottey and guys like him need to stop starving themselves to have advantages in the ring...
Tha Docta
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Aug 3 2007, 05:34 PM) [snapback]352282[/snapback]
Yes, Zab is a very good fighter, no doubt about it. He is just a mental mess who talks too much and does not back it up. He did not let his hands go near enough against Cotto, or he could have probably beat him. He did not throw enough against Spinks in there first fight, and he lost because of it. He started off well against Floyd, but then he faded and got whipped. How the hell did he lose to slow ass Baldomir? I personally would like to see him back up all his tough talk, but the truth is he just got hammered by Cotto, he should just STFU and do his talking in the ring, because anyone can talk shit before the fight, what matters if they can actually back it up.

mayorga hasnt backed up his trash talk in years, but for some reason judah isnt allowed to run his mouth. i enjoy the trash talkers, i dont want everyone to be mr. nice guy and complement their opponents.

i thought judah won the first spinks fight. but he left no doubt about the rematch. he is also the first person to knock floyd down. judah got beat up by cotto, but cotto also took a good ass kicking during that fight as well. judah just isnt big enough to fight these guys at 147. he has to put too much on all of his punches to get respect, and he just cant be active enough when he does that.

and i think judah would KO hatton at 140.
Milk Dud
and he arugably lost his fight with Pineda so what's your point? that trash talked appeals to you? fine I get it but to say he deserves anything because of how he wolfs is weak.

and I'm sorry but

**he has to this

**he has to that

**if he puts all it together

**if he fights here he could do it

it's a broken record with this guy. It's like Tyson all over again.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(Milk Dud @ Aug 6 2007, 03:17 PM) [snapback]352968[/snapback]
and he arugably lost his fight with Pineda so what's your point? that trash talked appeals to you? fine I get it but to say he deserves anything because of how he wolfs is weak.

and I'm sorry but

**he has to this

**he has to that

**if he puts all it together

**if he fights here he could do it
it's a broken record with this guy. It's like Tyson all over again.

then dont watch him fight. simple as that. i didnt say he deserves anything because of trashtalking, he deserves the fights based on the level of opposition that hes faced in his career. and becoming the undisputed welterweight champ is not bad to have on your resume either.
Milk Dud
I dont

simple as that

however when people constantly perpetuate the perception that Zab is anything more than a talented gatekeeper at this point then I will say something.

his level of opposition? I could say the same thing about a lot of fighters and who they faced it still doesn't mean that Zab barely steps up ion big win enviroments. Heck even against scrubs like ass old Pineda he has trouble with

and correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Buster Douglas undisputed? Baldomir could have been had he paid his fee? neither guy I would consider to be anything to heap praise on
Tha Docta
QUOTE(Milk Dud @ Aug 6 2007, 04:53 PM) [snapback]352994[/snapback]
I dont

simple as that

however when people constantly perpetuate the perception that Zab is anything more than a talented gatekeeper at this point then I will say something.

his level of opposition? I could say the same thing about a lot of fighters and who they faced it still doesn't mean that Zab barely steps up ion big win enviroments. Heck even against scrubs like ass old Pineda he has trouble with

and correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Buster Douglas undisputed? Baldomir could have been had he paid his fee? neither guy I would consider to be anything to heap praise on

being the undisputed champ, along with judahs resume, is impressive. in my opinion, cory spinks just beat jermain taylor, and judah blasted him out. i dont believe judah is a gatekeeper. i think your hatred towards the man is skewing your view of reality.
salvador
QUOTE(neophyte7 @ Aug 4 2007, 05:57 PM) [snapback]352411[/snapback]
Clottey walka around at around 180 pounds... he weighed about 170 pounds in there against Corrales... Zab is too small for Clottey

clottey and guys like him need to stop starving themselves to have advantages in the ring...

Why would someone with that kind of dicipline give up such an advantage? Hopkins said he was always a light heavyweight who ran x miles a day to make sure he could make middleweight, and it worked out for him.

I think Clottey is in the same boat as Williams and Margarito in that nobody will fight them because there's way too much risk and way too little reward. I'd love to see Clottey fight Floyd or Zab. But if Zab isn't going to fight the bigger guys in the division, then he should just go back to 140 already.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(salvador @ Aug 7 2007, 09:48 AM) [snapback]353070[/snapback]
Why would someone with that kind of dicipline give up such an advantage? Hopkins said he was always a light heavyweight who ran x miles a day to make sure he could make middleweight, and it worked out for him.

I think Clottey is in the same boat as Williams and Margarito in that nobody will fight them because there's way too much risk and way too little reward. I'd love to see Clottey fight Floyd or Zab. But if Zab isn't going to fight the bigger guys in the division, then he should just go back to 140 already.

zab sees too much money to be made at 147. but i truly believe that zab is a natural 140lb fighter. most of these 147lbers are middleweights come fight night. zab would be smart to avoid the huge 147lbers of the division.
Milk Dud
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Aug 7 2007, 07:29 AM) [snapback]353067[/snapback]
being the undisputed champ, along with judahs resume, is impressive. in my opinion, cory spinks just beat jermain taylor, and judah blasted him out. i dont believe judah is a gatekeeper. i think your hatred towards the man is skewing your view of reality.

I dont hate Zab at all. What I do hate is those who continually hold on to the notion that this man should continue on earning paydays when he continues to lose them. Do you think it's ok for Rocky Juarez to continue to get title shot after title shot inspite of him losing everytime he steps up? I don't not at all. Neither guy should get that much leeway.

last time I checked

Taylor beat Cory. Your opinions of the fight do not change the outcome.

ok let me ask this. Besides Cory, who I like, who has Zab beaten? You say he has an impressive resume but who has this man beaten to garner so much of your respect and for you to pine for him getting yet another payday?
BigG
The point is, Cory arguably beat Taylor...or won at least 5 rounds in that fight. Zab knocked Cory the fuck out in front of Cory's hometown. And Zab is a small Welterweight...Taylor is big middleweight.

Cory also beat Karmazin, Mayorga, Piccirillo, and Gonzalez...decent opp.

Judah is a former two-time champ at JWW who made 6 title defenses in 2 title reigns and a former undisputed champ at WW....He fucked up against Baldomir, that is true. He struggled with Pineda, a guy he should have knocked out easily. But Zab did knock Pineda down..and didn't he break his hand in that fight? Same as with the Corley fight (a fight which he won EASILY, btw). And Pineda was old...but not a scrub.

Judah can keep getting shots because 1) He is somewhat of a draw....and I think EVERYONE knows him in Brooklyn. He got alot of hype. 2) People know Zab is a talent and he is exciting.

Everyone knows I'm a big Zab fan. I know he isn't gonna end up in top 5 P4P lists but the guy is great to watch. I will tune in whenever Zab fights.

I think Zab would lose agaisnt the elite at Welterweight.

Zab needs to be at 140. 140 has Hatton, Malinaggi, Harris, Witter, Castillo, and that new WBA champ from England.

Zab would tear shit up at that weight.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Aug 7 2007, 11:15 AM) [snapback]353075[/snapback]
The point is, Cory arguably beat Taylor...or won at least 5 rounds in that fight. Zab knocked Cory the fuck out in front of Cory's hometown. And Zab is a small Welterweight...Taylor is big middleweight.

Cory also beat Karmazin, Mayorga, Piccirillo, and Gonzalez...decent opp.

Judah is a former two-time champ at JWW who made 6 title defenses in 2 title reigns and a former undisputed champ at WW....He fucked up against Baldomir, that is true. He struggled with Pineda, a guy he should have knocked out easily. But Zab did knock Pineda down..and didn't he break his hand in that fight? Same as with the Corley fight (a fight which he won EASILY, btw). And Pineda was old...but not a scrub.

Judah can keep getting shots because 1) He is somewhat of a draw....and I think EVERYONE knows him in Brooklyn. He got alot of hype. 2) People know Zab is a talent and he is exciting.

Everyone knows I'm a big Zab fan. I know he isn't gonna end up in top 5 P4P lists but the guy is great to watch. I will tune in whenever Zab fights.

I think Zab would lose agaisnt the elite at Welterweight.

Zab needs to be at 140. 140 has Hatton, Malinaggi, Harris, Witter, Castillo, and that new WBA champ from England.

Zab would tear shit up at that weight.

i agree completely. i would love to see him drop back down to 140, which shouldnt be too tough since he always comes in at 145 anyway. im a zab fan as well, and i acknowlege that he hasnt looked good vs some guys that he should have beaten easily. i have no problem with zab getting another payday after the fight he put up against cotto.

people love to hate zab. and i cant argue with that, but for some reason i am a fan of his. just wish hed drop back down to 140 and get a new trainer.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(Milk Dud @ Aug 7 2007, 10:39 AM) [snapback]353074[/snapback]
I dont hate Zab at all. What I do hate is those who continually hold on to the notion that this man should continue on earning paydays when he continues to lose them. Do you think it's ok for Rocky Juarez to continue to get title shot after title shot inspite of him losing everytime he steps up? I don't not at all. Neither guy should get that much leeway.

last time I checked

Taylor beat Cory. Your opinions of the fight do not change the outcome.

ok let me ask this. Besides Cory, who I like, who has Zab beaten? You say he has an impressive resume but who has this man beaten to garner so much of your respect and for you to pine for him getting yet another payday?

so now you dont hate zab, just his fans? im calling bs on that one. its pretty obvious to me that you cant stand the man. the biggest victory of cottos career was against zab. why would cotto be so proud of his victory over a "gatekeeper"?
salvador
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Aug 7 2007, 11:30 AM) [snapback]353077[/snapback]
why would cotto be so proud of his victory over a "gatekeeper"?

I think Zab is the best 140 pounder right now and you're right that he should get a new trainer.

That said, at 147, he is the gatekeeper of a really really great division. Zab has very little chance against: Clottey, Margarito, Williams, Cotto, Floyd, or Mosley. He'd give (has given) Cotto and Floyd good tests and would probably test Mosley for 4 or 5 rounds, but Zab wouldn't have much of a chance against Williams due to his reach and workrate, and Margarito and Clottey are just too big for him and their chins are too sturdy.

Realistically, Zab's a good benchmark for the division. If you can beat Zab, then you can probably compete with the best at 147. If you can't beat Zab, you have no chance against the top guys at 147. Sounds like a gatekeeper to me.
dbdbdb
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Aug 7 2007, 11:27 AM) [snapback]353076[/snapback]
i agree completely. i would love to see him drop back down to 140, which shouldnt be too tough since he always comes in at 145 anyway. im a zab fan as well, and i acknowlege that he hasnt looked good vs some guys that he should have beaten easily. i have no problem with zab getting another payday after the fight he put up against cotto.

people love to hate zab. and i cant argue with that, but for some reason i am a fan of his. just wish hed drop back down to 140 and get a new trainer.

Clotty is way toooooo much for zab to handle and Zab needs another beat-down like he needs a hold in his head. No way does he even hurt Clotty, zab's going to get tortured from one bell to the next.

My advice for zab is "See quoted post" find a good target in the 140lb range, get a few wins under his belt and then after that move back up to 147lbs. Right now, he's getting creamed by the welters and that will only get worst and more devastating if he ends up in the ring with Clotty\Margarito or any other top welterweight.

Zab needs to go where he can get a few wins and that's at 140lbs .............. The only thing he's going to get at 147lbs is one beat-down after another untill he's forced to retire because of injuries. black eye.gif
dbdbdb
QUOTE(salvador @ Aug 7 2007, 12:05 PM) [snapback]353079[/snapback]
I think Zab is the best 140 pounder right now and you're right that he should get a new trainer.

That said, at 147, he is the gatekeeper of a really really great division. Zab has very little chance against: Clottey, Margarito, Williams, Cotto, Floyd, or Mosley. He'd give (has given) Cotto and Floyd good tests and would probably test Mosley for 4 or 5 rounds, but Zab wouldn't have much of a chance against Williams due to his reach and workrate, and Margarito and Clottey are just too big for him and their chins are too sturdy.

Realistically, Zab's a good benchmark for the division. If you can beat Zab, then you can probably compete with the best at 147. If you can't beat Zab, you have no chance against the top guys at 147. Sounds like a gatekeeper to me.

Right on point!!!!!
rymal21
rumor has it there's been a lot of talk lately about a judah-margarito matchup later this year. that's definitely a fight i'd be interested in seeing get made.
Fitz
Zab is a fighter with all the tools to be very, very good. He has a lot of potential and instead of being a very good fighter, he is just good.
He cannot fight 12 rounds, he loses focus and is mentally weak. You look at all of the greatest fighters and one thing you will notice is that they are tough mentally. Being strong mentally goes underrated, but it's plays such a BIG part in a fighter.
I have always thought that Zab is a waste of talent, but he is no scrub. He can give the best of fighters hell and even beat them on any given night, but he lacks consistency. I give him a whole lot of respect for the fights he takes though, he should probably be a bit smarter though and string together a few easy wins and gain some momentum going into some tougher fights.
He has basically gone in with losses taking on todays best p4p fighter and Cotto.
salvador
QUOTE(rymal21 @ Aug 7 2007, 03:57 PM) [snapback]353117[/snapback]
rumor has it there's been a lot of talk lately about a judah-margarito matchup later this year. that's definitely a fight i'd be interested in seeing get made.

I actually just read that in the B-talk mailbag. God damn, that would be great. What a year for boxing!
WolfishPromistah
I don't think Gatekeeper is synonymous with bum...but just a person who's the step down from tops on the foodchain. And I can see that title fitting Zab respectably, give or take a critic.
Elijah
Zab doesn't have a shot against Clottey but people wanna see him up against Margarito?

I think Zab gets blasted in this fight. He'll have the speed advantage but man every punch Margarito lands is gonna do major damage.
salvador
QUOTE(Elijah @ Aug 9 2007, 12:22 PM) [snapback]353321[/snapback]
Zab doesn't have a shot against Clottey but people wanna see him up against Margarito?

I think Zab gets blasted in this fight. He'll have the speed advantage but man every punch Margarito lands is gonna do major damage.

I seriously would be shocked if this fight happens. I'd rather see it than Cotto/Mosley. Judah will get ko'd, but it'll be exciting as hell as long as it lasts.
Elijah
That's what I'm sayin, Margarito is just too big for Zab. People were right when they said Zab should move back down to 140. No way he should be in the same ring as Margarito.

Zab should try and land a fight against Paulie Malignaggi. He's got a decent name these days (due to his mouth rather than his boxing ability) and I think it's a fairly easy fight for him to win.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(Elijah @ Aug 9 2007, 01:04 PM) [snapback]353330[/snapback]
That's what I'm sayin, Margarito is just too big for Zab. People were right when they said Zab should move back down to 140. No way he should be in the same ring as Margarito.

Zab should try and land a fight against Paulie Malignaggi. He's got a decent name these days (due to his mouth rather than his boxing ability) and I think it's a fairly easy fight for him to win.

malignaggi would be perfect for judah. i really dont know why he wont go back to 140 where he belongs. and while hes at it, grab a new trainer. i think he would absolutely kill malignaggi. but looks like paulie wants guys like chavez jr.
BigG
Yeah a Malingaggi-Judah fight would probably be alot like the 2nd Spinks fight except a little easier for Zab. Zab really should move down.
Spyder
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Aug 10 2007, 09:35 AM) [snapback]353393[/snapback]
Yeah a Malingaggi-Judah fight would probably be alot like the 2nd Spinks fight except a little easier for Zab. Zab really should move down.

I don't know about that...Paulie is slick AND tough. His fight with Cotto was more competitive than Zab's.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Paulie outboxed Zab fairly easily.
Spyder
What was up with the Versus announcing crew? Those guys were trying to sell the fight WAY too much.

They gave Flores entirely too much credit for taking a beating. Calling the fight competitive? It's like they reading a script for a different fight...
Tha Docta
QUOTE(Spyder @ Aug 10 2007, 09:58 AM) [snapback]353397[/snapback]
I don't know about that...Paulie is slick AND tough. His fight with Cotto was more competitive than Zab's.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Paulie outboxed Zab fairly easily.

i have to disagree. although paulie made it to the final bell, he had absolutely no chance of winning. while judah was still a threat to ko cotto. i thought judah gave cotto a better fight. and if the fight had been at 140 (like paulies), who knows what would have happened.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.