Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Johnson-Wilis on Shobox:
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
I have it close after 8. like 4-4. Johnson doing more talking and fighting in spirts but good when fighting in spirts. Wilis doing some good fighting as well.

I can't hear the commentary too good. Drowned out by the crowd. How do you see it?

Jack
Jack 1000
Missed the 9th round and part of the 10th.

Jack
Jack 1000
I thought that Johnson won the last rounds (and the fight) of what I saw. But no way did he dominate like the judges and Farhood had it. However, this was Johnson's backyard, so they gave him almost all the rounds. But the rounds were all close and competitive. Should have been more 97-93, 96-94.

Jack
hardhead
Didn't see it because I don't have Showtime, plus I couldn't even watch FNF because I went out to eat, man this weekend is going to suck. I'm planning on holding out on this PPV...wink.gif

Was it a good scrap?? is one of these guys something to look at in the future?? What's his style??
Southeastpaw
If you guys thought that Judah was a clown, Johnson should walk into the ring wearing clown shoes. He was acting like an asshole in the ring. Johnson should have stopped this guy with what he was hitting him with, but his lack of power and focus in the ring is going to get him KOed. This guy will not be of any significant threat to any of the big boys in the division.
Jack 1000
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Aug 4 2007, 09:14 AM) [snapback]352369[/snapback]
If you guys thought that Judah was a clown, Johnson should walk into the ring wearing clown shoes. He was acting like an asshole in the ring. Johnson should have stopped this guy with what he was hitting him with, but his lack of power and focus in the ring is going to get him KOed. This guy will not be of any significant threat to any of the big boys in the division.

Agree Southeast,

I didn't see him DOMINATING like 99-91 or whatever they had. Wilis was (at least I thought) in the fight .Johnson landed the harder shots, but WHEN he talked (which was too much) Wilis was getting through with shots as well. Everyone was carrying Johnson's jockstrap all night. He may have won the fight. OK he won the fight. But the only dominance that he demonstrated was in not keeping his yap shut.

Jack
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.