Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jim Grey: Master Broadcaster
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
NickBarker
Anyone who claims that Larry Merchant is bad can just thank their stars that we don't have to suffer through Jim's annoying mannerisms, pronunciations, and general persona more often.

"Fernando, we're going to have to interrupt, we need you to speak English; we have an English speaking audience."

I just hate this guy and his shitty suits.
NickBarker
By the way, Mayorga is the funniest guy ever. He said Vargas' wife would have to whore for money after this fight, said Vargas looked like his son's ass, and then lit up a smoke.
gods son
HAHAHAHAHHAHA ' MAYORGA TO VARGAS- YOU ARE LIKE MY SONS AZZ, NICE AND ROUND!!
Southeastpaw
Grey is horrible. I can't believe that he is still around.

And I don't find Mayorga funny. He is a virus to the sport as far as I'm concerned. He talks very personal on his opponent, then when he gets his ass whipped, he comes to them all huggin and kissin. Dude is a fuckin clown and has no cuth. Who the hell would like to carry a character like that. Talk shit until you get yours handed to you then kiss all over their nuts. Mayorga's just mad cause he is ugly as hell. Vargas was right. He was talkin shit to Vargas, but didn't physically attack Vargas until Vargas made fun of his face. Dude couldn't take his own medicine.
rusty_trombone
Mayorga is definitely a scumbag, and Vargas is defintiely a fat ass. These two are like the latino version of abbot and costello, fucking hilarious.
BrutalBodyShots
I LMAO when Mayorga said that Vargas was fat like his sons round ass... and Jim Gray says to Vargas "how do you respond to that?"

and Vargas simply says... "... Jackass... "

lmao
CyruS
James Toney should have knocked Gray out years ago.
Fitz
LMAO. Mayorga sucks big time as a fighter, but I can't hate this guy, lol. Fuck the monkey's in my AV, I'm putting back my Mayorga and cigarette AV, lol.
Kijis Konar
I hope someone sucker punches that bastard.
BrutalBodyShots
He was getting all kinds of excited during the Vargas/Mayorga call.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(gods son @ Aug 4 2007, 10:26 PM) [snapback]352472[/snapback]
HAHAHAHAHHAHA ' MAYORGA TO VARGAS- YOU ARE LIKE MY SONS AZZ, NICE AND ROUND!!

That sh*t was hilarious.
Warlord
QUOTE(NickBarker @ Aug 4 2007, 09:22 PM) [snapback]352470[/snapback]
Anyone who claims that Larry Merchant is bad can just thank their stars that we don't have to suffer through Jim's annoying mannerisms, pronunciations, and general persona more often.

"Fernando, we're going to have to interrupt, we need you to speak English; we have an English speaking audience."

I just hate this guy and his shitty suits.

Yeah, Jim Grey is the fucking worst. I think Fernando and Mayorga would've teamd up for about 2 seconds and tag-teamed Grey's ass if they'd all been in studio together.
Warlord
QUOTE(NickBarker @ Aug 4 2007, 09:24 PM) [snapback]352471[/snapback]
He said Vargas' wife would have to whore for money after this fight.

He never said that, Nick. That interview wouldn't have gone on any further if he had. He made the comment about Fernando looking like his baby's ass, but the comment about his wife whoring is simply not true. Vargas wouldn't have just sat there and smiled at something like that.
hornitosmonster
Cosign on hating Jim Grey.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
That interview was pretty funny, but Mayorga is pretty classless. Dude always talks a big game, but then just falls apart in the fight, and tries to kiss ass after the fight. He is probably pretty insecure about himself to act like this, but it is a good show. They're doing a good job of promoting this fight between two washed up former champs. Should be good for as long as it lasts, but the fight itself is not that big of a deal. I may order this just for the action in the fight alone, but I expect Vargas to win.
Kyle
Jack 1000
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Aug 4 2007, 10:24 PM) [snapback]352514[/snapback]
Grey is horrible. I can't believe that he is still around.

And I don't find Mayorga funny. He is a virus to the sport as far as I'm concerned. He talks very personal on his opponent, then when he gets his ass whipped, he comes to them all huggin and kissin. Dude is a fuckin clown and has no cuth. Who the hell would like to carry a character like that. Talk shit until you get yours handed to you then kiss all over their nuts. Mayorga's just mad cause he is ugly as hell. Vargas was right. He was talkin shit to Vargas, but didn't physically attack Vargas until Vargas made fun of his face. Dude couldn't take his own medicine.

If Vargas wins, yes indeed. Mayorga will be riding his nuts. The guy is 70% showmen/clown and 30% fighter if that. It's a hype job. I thought that when he KO'd Forrest the first time that we would have something special in a champion. Man was I fooled! Mayorga really hasn't shown much inside the ring since. He's a master at trash talking, I just wish he was a better fighter.

Jack
falvoa
Jim Grey: Asshole

aggressive.gif
Tha Docta
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Aug 8 2007, 01:42 PM) [snapback]353222[/snapback]
If Vargas wins, yes indeed. Mayorga will be riding his nuts. The guy is 70% showmen/clown and 30% fighter if that. It's a hype job. I thought that when he KO'd Forrest the first time that we would have something special in a champion. Man was I fooled! Mayorga really hasn't shown much inside the ring since. He's a master at trash talking, I just wish he was a better fighter.

Jack

i think if mayorga had stayed at 147 he could have gotten a few more significant wins under his belt. he was a beast at 147. i thought he got robbed against cory "flopmaster" spinks in their fight. he just couldnt carry his power up in weight with him. he had absolutely no business at 160. he was relatively ineffective at 154 as well. 147 is where he was at his best. dude is funny though, cant argue that.

i loved his dream that he had about vargas where he said he threw a rotten orange at him and hit him in the chin, and he didnt get up.
_iodine_
Jim Grey is a benign wart on boxing's ass. Like all benign warts on asses, you just kinda have to pretend it's not there, or have it removed unless, of course, the wart has a contract that says it can't be relieved of it's position on said ass.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.