Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chavez Jr wins tonight
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
kidbazooka1
Chavez continued to impress stopping Brown in 5 rds tonight and showed a beautiful body attack he is rumored to face Alfonso Gomez next which would be a big step up.
hardhead
I think that's the perfect step for him and I honestly don't think it will be easy. Chavez Jr leaves himself pretty open to inside counters and his defense is a little suspect, the good news is Gomez doesn't hit extremely hard so I think this is a good test for him at this point...
kidbazooka1
It definitly won't be easy Gomez is a very durable fighter who just keeps comming but I think Jr has the goods to beat him either way it should be an exciting fight as most of Gomez fights are.
hardhead
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Aug 5 2007, 08:27 AM) [snapback]352658[/snapback]
It definitly won't be easy Gomez is a very durable fighter who just keeps comming but I think Jr has the goods to beat him either way it should be an exciting fight as most of Gomez fights are.

Yea Gomez IMO is solid, his style kind of reminds me of a poor man's Barrera, he's a guy who's tough who can mix it up when he has to but can also box. He's also very technically sound and doesn't waste much energy on his punches, very accurate. In some ways Chavez is like that also, Jr doesn't waste many punches and throws with great technique to the head and body...He's long and lean and he obviously is going to be able to put some pounds on and move up in class in he future. He looked HUGE compared to brown in there tonight. Gotta give Brown credit, he was extremely overmatched but he fought very hard and gave it his best....
Fitz
I'm really liking Chavez Jr, and have for a while. I know there are many people out there that question him, and still not sure what he will turn out to be like when he steps up in competition, but I like what I see.
I probably sound like a broken record, but his body work and the way he picks his punches is what impresses me most. When he has a guy hurt, he is very composed and doesn't throw outrageous shots to get the guy out. Always seems quite cool headed in the ring. I hope he can continue this when he moves up in comp, I look forward to it.
kidbazooka1
For a 21 year old he stays very composed unlike alot of these up and comers who have had tons of amatuer experience he also goes to the body better than most fighters out there.
Bazooka Limon
I was reading that they want to make this fight in Jan on a B.A.D card.
NickBarker
That'd be another very solid looking BAD fight. By the way, great picture of Solis in your signature, Bazooka.
CJRock
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Aug 5 2007, 02:41 AM) [snapback]352640[/snapback]
Chavez continued to impress stopping Brown in 5 rds tonight and showed a beautiful body attack he is rumored to face Alfonso Gomez next which would be a big step up.

If he does face Fonzie Gomez he'll get his ass kicked for sure
Elijah
IBF light welterweight champion Paulie ďThe Magic ManĒ Malignaggi (24-1, 5 KOs), still savoring his masterful title-winning performance against Lovemore Nídou, is home in Brooklyn fuming about Julio Cesar Chavez, Jr. (33-0-1, 26 KOs) and his team openly challenging him. Not only has Malignaggi accepted their challenge, ďThe Magic ManĒ promises to embarrass the Mexican fighter and his entire family in the process, offering the Mecca of Boxing Ė Madison Square Garden Ė as the ideal venue to settle the issue. ďAll Chavez has is his last name,Ē Malignaggi spewed. ďHeís gotten more press for beating nobodies than anybody in boxing history. All heís ever fought are cab drivers and busboys. Heís nobody! I was a better prospect before my first pro fight than he is after 33 pro fights. I will embarrass him, his father, his entire family, and ruin his blood line. I have tremendous respect for his father, probably the greatest Mexican fighter of all-time, but his son canít live off of his fatherís great name forever. If Chavez and his team are stupid enough to call out a world champion like Paulie Malignaggi Ė heís never fought anybody like me -- Iíll oblige them and we can do it at Madison Square Garden, where his father had two great wins in 1986 against my friend, Juan LaPorte, and Rufugio Rojas. I didnít even waste my time watching Chavez fight last Saturday night. Hey, Iím no Louis Brown. Iíll fight him at 147, no problem. I say, donít talk about it, JC Junior, letís just do it.Ē

I'd actually like to see this fight. I think Jr. has more pop on his punches right now than Malignaggi ever will.
kidbazooka1
Malignaggi is a f*cking joke what is he gonna do run around Chavez for 12 rds and then say he whooped his ass. Actauly at this moment in his career I say Jr punds his ass for 12 rds he's much too big for that clown.

Maliganggi is a joke and nothing more he will never accomplish anything near great in this sport.
_iodine_
Chavez Jr./Gomez would be a great fight. Could warrant a title shot for either fighter, and i'm pretty sure no fans will be lost for either guy. they're both solid. it's a win/win no matter how you look at it.
Bazooka Limon
QUOTE(NickBarker @ Aug 6 2007, 02:18 AM) [snapback]352851[/snapback]
That'd be another very solid looking BAD fight. By the way, great picture of Solis in your signature, Bazooka.

Thanks, I was there and seeing that KO live was sick.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.