Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Xbox 360
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Bill The Butcher
Does anyone here own a XBOX 360?

I haven't really been into video games for the last couple of years. But I'm starting to see some games coming out for the Xbox 360 system and it's making me want to get one. Resident Evil 5, Bioshock, Turok, Mass Effect, etc etc etc. Also, my brother and all his friends own 360s, and they are trying to make me jump on the band wagon.

I think I'm going to get one in mid September. Looking forward to playing Huxley and Halo 3. I used to be into MMORPGs, especially World of Warcraft. But that game is way too time consuming, and I don't have time anymore. I have a fiance, daughter and going to school in the Fall. So I'm looking more at console systems, where I can "pause" or "save" the game and walk away from it after an hour of gameplay VS. 10 plus hours of gameplay like in World of Warcraft.

blackbelt2003
Yeah, man. At the moment, 360 is where it's at.

The PS3 might come better later on, but at the moment the 360 has the better games. Performance-wise both machines are doing about the same stuff, since the same games are pretty much coming out on both machines.

I'd say go with a 360, and get yourself Gears of War, Crackdown, Oblivion and some old x-box live Arcade game classics like Bomberman and Jetpac. Can't go wrong there!

Black
Bill The Butcher
Yeah, I heard Oblivion is a really good game. It got Game of the Year.

Bomberman is classic. I just stumbled upon that on the internet. They have Bomberman Live! I would definitely get that one.
CyruS
I own a 360 and it has all the game you want to play right now so at the moment it is THE system until PS3 gets it's shit together and gets out Unreal Tournament 3 & Metal Gear Solid 4.

Xbox live is pretty good service except for the fact you have to pay $50 for a year suscription and those ridiculous MS points to buy shit.

It basically has all the shooters so that's a plus and the sports games at the moment run better than on the 3.

And with Microsoft having a new 3 year warranty plan where if your system fucks up they replace it to you free of charge for 3 full years is great. It's a very useful thing since the 360 has a hardware failure rate of 33% laugh.gif

I've had mine since August 06 and it's been good to me although I do get a disc read error on rare occasions.

Also 360's have a tendency to scratch up discs, mine have been good but there is a lawsuit out there right now against Microsoft for 360's scratching up discs. Might be something to look at.

All in all good system as long as you don't get the red rings of death or disc scratching, if you do prepare your 360 for transport and wait a month while it gets repairs.
Method
I got both. I would say get the PS3 for all of the potential. Plus Blu Ray HD, DVD Upscaling to HD, HD upscaling to 1080p...and it'll only get better.

That said, I dig the Xbox 360 too, and the fact that the EA sports games for 2008 play at 60 fpsx on 360 and only 30 fps on PS3 pisses me the fuck off...but whatever. I dig the 3 right now, and haven't played my XBox since.
blackbelt2003
QUOTE(Method @ Aug 8 2007, 03:07 AM) [snapback]353153[/snapback]
I got both. I would say get the PS3 for all of the potential. Plus Blu Ray HD, DVD Upscaling to HD, HD upscaling to 1080p...and it'll only get better.

That said, I dig the Xbox 360 too, and the fact that the EA sports games for 2008 play at 60 fpsx on 360 and only 30 fps on PS3 pisses me the fuck off...but whatever. I dig the 3 right now, and haven't played my XBox since.

Yeah, man, the PS3 definitely has the potential.

But I gotta say that right now, comparing the games that are out (and the PS3 and 360 have pretty much the same games), the 360 is outperforming Sony's machine.

I'm holding off getting a PS3 right now, simply because it doesn'thave enough games to warrant the money.

Black
Bill The Butcher
I will definitely get Gears Of War. That game looks awesome. How is the multiplayer? I'm more into the online Player versus player thing, than single player mode.

I heard they are making Gears Of War 2.
CyruS
Gears of War Multi is cool. Nothing like downing somebody with the lancer rifle then walking up to them and shoving a smoke grenade up their ass (no homo) and then when they get back up they get the shotty right in the face.
Fitz
You can also use the PS3 as a coffee table you know?
STEVENSKI
Gears is one of the suckiest games I have ever played. I seriously fail to see what the hype is all about. Big mistake to buy for me. Lame enemies, lamer weapons & yeah just shitty in general.

One game that must be played is Dead Rising as that is one of the best 360 games out.
Maxy
Just bought a 360 today. At the moment I've only got the games that came with the package....Saints Row, PES6, Forza motorsports and Dead Rising. First thing I've noticed is the system is pretty damn noisy.
STEVENSKI
Ya it is like a Boeing 747 engine.
blackbelt2003
Gears of War f'ing rules. Seriously, I've hardly ever played a game and had so much fun, start to finish.

The most fun is to do co-op on line. You have a blast doing that.

Also, check out The Darkness. That looks pretty fun, too. Can't say I'm so buzzed about Halo 3 though. I loved the first one, but got bored by the second one.

Black
AKay
I still havent opened my gears of war lol.
Or my need for speed for ps3!!

On another note my xbox 360 is modded and now my wii is going to be modded this weekend.

MY ps3 collects dust because of no really good games yet. But it will end up being a superior machine to the machines THIS generation.

But I can see Microsoft and Nintendo releasing next gens way before Sony and thier "10 year life" for the PS3.

Sony needs to be very wary of Nintendo and thier big push back into market share with the WII and DS.

WII's are still scarce. WII is making profit per system sold while MS just got into profit with systems and Sony still is losing money on systems.

Will

Bill The Butcher
I guess the big thing is the price of the systems. WII is the cheapest. So Nintendo is in the lead. And I'm sure Xbox 360 will sell plenty more, since they dropped their prices $20 - $50. Plus you have Halo 3 coming out.

I would have picked a Playstation 3 for sure, since I owned a 1 and 2 before. But they are just way too expensive. I pretty much live from paycheck to paycheck. I know, sad story. *Plays the violin*.

I remember a while back, I was trying to buy a regular Xbox. When it was 2 years old. And I had a really hard time finding one. I couldn't count how many Malls, Gamestops and EB game stores I went to, to try and find one. Probably because they weren't $400.
AKay
Its not price because the prices will come down eventually.
THe number 1 selling console this past christmas wasnt the WII, XBOX 360 or PS3
it was SONY PS2.

Will
jrw
As Akay said, the 360 can be modded now to play burned games. You can download the games online and burn them and basically have about 3 dollars in per game. That makes the 360 the best right now.
Fitz
QUOTE(Bill The Butcher @ Aug 11 2007, 04:32 AM) [snapback]353434[/snapback]
I guess the big thing is the price of the systems. WII is the cheapest. So Nintendo is in the lead. And I'm sure Xbox 360 will sell plenty more, since they dropped their prices $20 - $50. Plus you have Halo 3 coming out.

I would have picked a Playstation 3 for sure, since I owned a 1 and 2 before. But they are just way too expensive. I pretty much live from paycheck to paycheck. I know, sad story. *Plays the violin*.

I remember a while back, I was trying to buy a regular Xbox. When it was 2 years old. And I had a really hard time finding one. I couldn't count how many Malls, Gamestops and EB game stores I went to, to try and find one. Probably because they weren't $400.

Well I was in the same boat as you. I owned a PS1 and PS2 and at first, I thought naturally I would get a PS3, well that wasn't the case. I was indecisive for so long, but it seemed as if the 360 seemed better value for money. What worried me, that sony are losing so much money on each console sold, and they aren't selling either, surely that may have some kind of effect on the games that come out for it?
Also I read that a major software company that produces some PS3 games has no plans to develop titles for the PS3 until sales pick up, and I believe they made the Final Fantasy games which was a big part of playstation.
http://www.varietyasiaonline.com/content/view/1595/53/
Also, I am aware that the PS3 may edge the 360 in graphics by a little in the future, but when that picks up, there will be a higher demand on the actual hardware of the PS3. The PS3 has 256MB of RAM and the 360 has 512MB of RAM, so another question that must be asked about the PS3 is sure it will look nice and all, but how are the games going to run?
In the end, I got a 360 about 2 months ago and I have regret it.
Also, last night I had some friends over playing Forza 2 (I have the steering wheel and all), this morning my friend calls me and says "come with me, I'm going to buy a 360, so he went and bought the console, Forza 2 and the steering wheel".
To me it seems like the better choice at the moment, also Microsoft has just extended there warranty on all consoles to 3 years instead of 1 if that was a concern to you. Obviously it covers only certain problems, but yeah.
Bill The Butcher
My fiance just bought me a Xbox 360 yesterday with Gears of War. smile.gif Right away, I ordered a year of Xbox Live Gold.

I played the Co-op story mode with my brother online. I like the gameplay. Brings something new to the FPS genre. More of a 3rd person shooter I guess. I'm digging the "find cover" type of play.

I'm used to using a keyboard and mouse to play games like Soldier of Fortune 2 and World of Warcraft. It's going to take time getting used to playing on a console system again. I haven't done it in YEARS! And it shows, I suck big time. LOL.

Gamertag = hopkins420

I don't smoke weed (and nothing wrong with it), but I used hopkins420, because that was my gamertag when I used to play online with Soldier of Fortune 2. Plus, one of my World of Warcraft characters was named Hopkins. So I have to keep on rolling with my character name tradition.

I plan on buying Halo 3 and possibly Two Worlds next. And I definitely have to order Bomberman Live online. That game was awesome back in the day.
AKay
everyone can add me

AKay724 is my gamertag

The Horse i believe that is going to win the race will be Nintendo.

Sony made alot of mistakes with the PS3's release and has ticked off alot of developers.

Nintendo has IP(intellectual Property) that guarantee them millions of games sold.(Pokemon, Mario, Zelda, Metroid)

GTA isnt exclusive to Sony at launch anymore.

Square may or may not just release all the Final Fantasy's to Sony first. Especially with how they are making a boat load of money with the re-releases on DS/GBA.

If I were Nintendo I would strike within 3 years with a nex gen system backwards compatible with the WII that is truly Next Gen and lower thier license fees.

I believe that would be the knock out blow to Sony.

Microsoft doesnt even outsell PS1's in Japan lol.

Will
CyruS
Gamertag = NeWbiSh Kb

When my 360 isn't collecting dust you can catch me on live playing these :

Gears of War
MLB 2k7
Battlefield 2 : Modern Combat

Also have Fight Night Round 3 laying around somewhere.
Method
Also, check out The Darkness.

Addicted to this as we speak. Pretty sick shit. Disturbing too...no shit. DEFINITELY warrants the NC 17 rating...it's the Movie "Seven" meets "The Sopranos" meets "Medal of Honor" meets "The Excorsist" (if you can believe all that). Go get it. I'm addicted. Won't stop til I beat it.
blackbelt2003
QUOTE(Method @ Aug 12 2007, 04:15 AM) [snapback]353704[/snapback]
Addicted to this as we speak. Pretty sick shit. Disturbing too...no shit. DEFINITELY warrants the NC 17 rating...it's the Movie "Seven" meets "The Sopranos" meets "Medal of Honor" meets "The Excorsist" (if you can believe all that). Go get it. I'm addicted. Won't stop til I beat it.

Played the demo this weekend, gonna buy the game when I get chance to go into town in the next few days. Frickin' awesome game.

Black
Method
Beat it last night. Expect a sequel...that's all I'll say. Pretty cool fucking game.
Al Hata
Gamertag: Big Goo 24

Games I'll mess you up in:

Ncaa Football
Halo
Fight Night

Really, the only 3 games you need for the console system.
CyruS
I finally got around to playing the BioShock demo and that game is sick. Must buy.
Bill The Butcher
I heard it got a 9.7 rating in IGN. I guess the only complaint was that there was no multiplayer.
CyruS
BioShock reviews

Official Xbox Magazine UK - 10/10
EuroGamer - 10/10
Game Informer - 10/10
Gamepro - 5/5
1UP - 10/10
GameSpy - 5/5
Console Gameworld - 99%
IGN - 9.7
TeamXbox - 9.5

Must buy....
STEVENSKI
Sounds alright.
Method
Bioshock out for the PS3?
CyruS
I think it's a 360 exclusive.
Method
I have Ninja Gaidon Sigma in heavy rotation right now. Trying to beat that one. Started on Fri night, and have been picking away a few chapters a day. VERY SICK RPB game, with awesome graphics and presented in 60 FPS, which makes everything flow like fine wine. IGN gave it a 9.3. It's currently the best of the 'editor's picks'.

Ay, a question for any of you vidiots. What gamer sites do you guys go to/belong to. I'll swap my IGN login if someone else has another. My 'script gives you access to guides, cheats, etc.
imperial
Dam Madden for xbox 360 sucks ass better yet when the hell will EA get it together ?

The versions for PS2 and the regular Xbox are ten times better !Curse you EA !
CyruS
Madden 08 on 360 has no online leagues thumbsdown_anim.gif
STEVENSKI
I go to team xbox when I can but then I only use teh off topic lounge & whilst it is good it is full of PC shit. I got banned for 2 weeks for using Japsports when describing a Japsports tuner car. Reason being racist by using "Jap" . Now I just go there & spout my Amerikkka is satan rap to fire up the "patriots" who love GW & the conservative scum on there.
Bill The Butcher
Uh oh.

I'm wondering if I got a faulty Xbox 360 Pro. I noticed when I was playing Oblivion a few times, I get a error message saying: Disc read error. Unable to read disc. Eject disc and clean it.

I pull out the disc, and find a small scratch that goes all away around the disc towards the inside part of it.

I have been playing my games, while my Xbox 360 is vertical. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it. I have never moved or touched it while I have been playing a game or even if a game is in there.

Gamestop said they would exchange my Oblivion game for a new one. I'm going to try playing the new copy of Oblivion with my machine horizontal. If this doesn't fix the problem, then obviously I have a faulty disc drive or something. I've been reading on the internet and I guess in some Xbox's, the disc will not be properly secure, causing it to rub up against something?

Did anyone else have these problems? I figured they would have fixed this problem by now, I just got a new Xbox 360 a couple of weeks ago.

CyruS
laugh.gif your 360 is already scratching disks. You might want to join the class action lawsuit against MS right now for that laugh.gif
STEVENSKI
I got the 3 rings of death literally one day after my warranty expired. What is funny is that I got a extended warranty from EB so I took it straight to them & exchanged it for a fresh one. No problems so far but as the employee said I may want to come in & bring in my "broken" controller just before my extended warranty expires.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.