Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do you think Freddie Roach is saturated?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
torvix2000
Vazquez said that he got another trainer coz Freddie Roach is busy with A LOT of fighters.

I agree with him.
kidbazooka1
They said that Vasquez got another trainer because Roach didn't think Israel was ready for the rematch and wouldn't train him, Roach must be feeling real stupid right now.
torvix2000
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Aug 8 2007, 07:10 PM) [snapback]353229[/snapback]
They said that Vasquez got another trainer because Roach didn't think Israel was ready for the rematch and wouldn't train him, Roach must be feeling real stupid right now.

Yup! Kinda underestimated his own fighter. I wouldn't want to work with a trainer who has no confidence in me.
Don Flamenco
Didn't he say something along the lines of not wanting to have Vasquez in there too soon with Marquez after having his nose broken. Roach felt he needed a year to completely heal, and he also said that Vasquez was starting to slur his words. I don't know, I can't understand Spanish so maybe someone out there that saw the fight can let me know if he was slurring his speech.
Hodge
There is a difference between underestimation and care for a fighter. I think he does better for his fighters than a Buddy McGirt, who litterally talks his fighters out of the fight. I do see everybody is looking for Freddie, now, because of the phenomena that is Manny Pacquiao, but I don't see why anyone would choose Freddie over Manny Steward. Both are cool customers in the corner, but Manny has more champs in his stable.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(torvix2000 @ Aug 9 2007, 07:25 AM) [snapback]353299[/snapback]
Yup! Kinda underestimated his own fighter. I wouldn't want to work with a trainer who has no confidence in me.

Agree 100%. If the trainer does not believe in you, the fighters confidence is going to be lacking. You need a trainer who believes in you.
NickBarker
It seems that he recently he often had to sort of pawn off his "lower tier" guys on Justin Fortune. Now that he is gone, it must be difficult to maintain the stable that he developed. Especially when he is GBP's hired gun for it's elite fighters.

I'm with you, Hodge. I like Roach a lot, but I would go with Steward.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Don Flamenco @ Aug 9 2007, 03:55 PM) [snapback]353341[/snapback]
Didn't he say something along the lines of not wanting to have Vasquez in there too soon with Marquez after having his nose broken. Roach felt he needed a year to completely heal, and he also said that Vasquez was starting to slur his words. I don't know, I can't understand Spanish so maybe someone out there that saw the fight can let me know if he was slurring his speech.

From his most recent interviews I have not noticed any slurring.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.