Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No one cares that Bonds
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
The CEO
I certainly don't give a shit...Rodriguez will eventually own the record if he stays healthy...
CyruS
They should the HR on the big screen in LA during the red sox game and it got booed.
caneman
yes he will in way less time & won't need roids to do it! on another site i visit, some are all over his nuts! they been hit in the chin with more balls than yogi barra & rock hudson put together laugh.gif not to say that many others didn't cheat but whatever, i ain't hating just saying! dntknw.gif
The CEO
laugh.gif

I think the younger the Baseball fan, the more liable they are to be on Bond's nuts...they're not jaded and the steroid controversy doesn't really register to them as much as it should...

I was only 3 when Aaron hit 715...I ended up being a Baseball player, so I know it would have been a huge deal to me if someone broke 755 before I was 15 years old or so...
caneman
i hear you bro! drinks.gif
Spyder
The blah feeling comes from people being unimpressed. I know I am.
Southeastpaw
If Bonds was a more likeable guy, more people would care. Huge accomplishment none the less.
Spyder
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Aug 8 2007, 12:45 PM) [snapback]353219[/snapback]
If Bonds was a more likeable guy, more people would care. Huge accomplishment none the less.

That, and he's an admitted juice monkey...
CyruS
E-Rod (E for Errors) is going to break this fake record anyway.
HaydelHammer
I'm still trying to figure out why baseball is still even being played period let alone care about a HR record. Don't they know the NFL is getting underway?

They should just turn off their entire season until after the Pro Bowl then finish up whatever they were doing later.

PR316
No because A-Rod will break it soon enough.
STEVENSKI
Baseball is the only American sport I like & respect to be honest. Bonds is a cheat nothing more nothing less.
caneman

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
TheAmblingAlp
The proof in his juicing is readily apparent. Just look at his rookie card for christsakes...

The CEO
laugh.gif laugh.gif

That's a good one...
Boss Hogg
QUOTE(TheAmblingAlp @ Aug 9 2007, 04:52 PM) [snapback]353348[/snapback]
The proof in his juicing is readily apparent. Just look at his rookie card for christsakes...

Ok, I have to admit that baseball card was fcking hilarious!

Guys, in the immortal words of Jack

Bonds has never admitted to it and in this country your what? That's right. Innocent until proven guilty. Obviously with the investigation still pending, I'm willing to give ol big head the benefit of the doubt. When discoveries and announcements are made that emphatically find him guilty then and only then will I jump on the "I hate Barry Bonds" bandwagon, until then he just broke the homerun record and I'm happy for him. 95% of us on steroids couldn't hit 1 homerun, so give respect where respect is due folks.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Boss Hogg @ Aug 9 2007, 07:08 PM) [snapback]353363[/snapback]
Ok, I have to admit that baseball card was fcking hilarious!

Guys, in the immortal words of Jack

Bonds has never admitted to it and in this country your what? That's right. Innocent until proven guilty. Obviously with the investigation still pending, I'm willing to give ol big head the benefit of the doubt. When discoveries and announcements are made that emphatically find him guilty then and only then will I jump on the "I hate Barry Bonds" bandwagon, until then he just broke the homerun record and I'm happy for him. 95% of us on steroids couldn't hit 1 homerun, so give respect where respect is due folks.

Actually, Bonds is an ADMITTED steroid users. He claims he just didn't know they were steroids at the time, but he did take them. Also Greg Anderson was rotting in a jail cell, because he didn't want to rat on his best friend.
STEVENSKI
I look at Bonds as being like Muthai Muralitharan. They are both cheats & it does not matter what records they break if they are drug cheats or they have illegal actions they are simply cheats & to be despised for it.

That being said isn't steroids legal in baseball?
Southeastpaw

LOL

DEP Nihilist
Bonds is a scumbag and can go play in traffic....they should take Maris' asterik and give it to Barry
Southeastpaw
To be totally honest, I could give a shit. lol. I haven't followed baseball since the strikes. Just pokin at ALL the haters. This was when I followed baseball, long ago when I was a kid. This was my main damey.

WolfishPromistah
The real consideration is to be placed on how to rank a person historically...if he/she supposedly "doesn't know" steroids were being taken -- hehe. Once we can get past that, he'll be there with something he can undoubtably be proud of. Until then, however, that "boo-factor" is gonna eat folks like him alive.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.