Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Grady Brewer?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Southeastpaw
It's almost been a year since his SD win over Forbes and he still does not have a fight scheduled. Brewer is not a bad fighter when he is focused. Anyhow, This is Forbes 2nd fight since his loss to Brewer. WTF? And I forgot how bad the judges scorecards were for the Hopkins/Forbes fight. Just saw them on Boxrec. Now that is attrocious.

Robert Hoyle 110-118 | judge: Glenn Trowbridge 110-118 | judge: Dalby Shirley 111-117

All for Hopkins. I did not score every round of this fight myself, but I remember believeing that Forbes should have won this fight.
NickBarker
I recall hearing that Brewer has had knee issues and that has kept him out of action. Of course, ESPN is trying to get him on either WNF or FNF, but apparently it hasn't materialized.

As for the Forbes/Hopkins debacle, I'm with you, brother. That was the worst robbery I have ever been witness to.
blackbelt2003
I saw some Brewer fights from earlier on in his career, and when I finally sat and watched a Forbes-Brewer replay, I was pleasantly surprised with how good he's got.

Same with Alfonso Gomez the other week vs Gatti.

Say what you want about the Contender...but the big stage seems to give these guys the confidence and the backing they need to go from journeymen to, excuse the pun, contenders.

Black
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.