Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Waderlei Silva / Chuck Liddell fight rescheduled
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
Warlord
According to comments recently made by UFC president Dana White, the on-again, off-again bout between Wanderlei Silva and Chuck Liddell is, well, on again. Assuming, of course, Liddell gets by Keith Jardine at UFC 71.

White was quoted over the weekend by a Las Vegas TV station, where he revealed "Weve got Wanderlei Silva.

Dana was also quoted earlier in the week as saying this about Chuck Liddell, when asked about Chuck's possible rematch/title shot:

"Chuck would have to win one more fight. I think Chuck has to win two fights in a row and then, yeah, hes back in the mix again. He got knocked out in a minute 30 in the first round (in his last fight). No matter how great he is, Id like to see him win a couple of fights and then come back and fight for the title again."

Looks like this fight may finally happen, guys. Dana seems as if though he's through babysitting Chuck Liddell. I wonder what excuse Chuck is gonna have when he's staring across the ring at Wanderlei Silva?
jp
QUOTE(Warlord @ Aug 8 2007, 11:25 PM) [snapback]353284[/snapback]
According to comments recently made by UFC president Dana White, the on-again, off-again bout between Wanderlei Silva and Chuck Liddell is, well, on again. Assuming, of course, Liddell gets by Keith Jardine at UFC 71.

White was quoted over the weekend by a Las Vegas TV station, where he revealed "Weve got Wanderlei Silva.

Dana was also quoted earlier in the week as saying this about Chuck Liddell, when asked about Chuck's possible rematch/title shot:

"Chuck would have to win one more fight. I think Chuck has to win two fights in a row and then, yeah, hes back in the mix again. He got knocked out in a minute 30 in the first round (in his last fight). No matter how great he is, Id like to see him win a couple of fights and then come back and fight for the title again."

Looks like this fight may finally happen, guys. Dana seems as if though he's through babysitting Chuck Liddell. I wonder what excuse Chuck is gonna have when he's staring across the ring at Wanderlei Silva?

As much as I would like to see Wand "FUCK CHUCK!!!" this fight aint never going to happen. Jardine is going to fuck this fight up by beating Chuck in Sept. The year of the upset rolls on..................
Bill The Butcher
Yeah, it is a possibility that Jardine knocks out Chuck for sure. But didn't Jardine come back from a devastating loss himself? Against Houston Alexander? I think Chuck beats Jardine.

And I've been going back and forth with the Chuck and Silva fight. First, I thought Chuck would win by keeping his distance and countering Silva. Then I think Silva would win, just because he is a better overall fighter and Chuck doesn't seem to like aggressive fighters. So I really don't know about this one. So pretty much what I'm saying is, It is going to be a HUGE fight! Can't wait to see it happen.
imperial
Too bad Coture moved up t heavy I would have loved to see him and Silva mix it up ..Chuck Liddell would get smoked by Silva !!Smoked like a Cuban Cigar !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.