Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sakuraba is GOD!
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
Warlord
Man, I'd heard about this fight before, and finally got a chance to see it for the first time. Jesus Christ, I've seen guys out on their feet before. I've seen guys out on the canvas. But Sakuraba was fucking dead in this fight. Dead. It's like he opened the gates of hell and breathed new life into that battered shell of his.

Guys, check this video out for yourselves. Ignore the gay intro and watch the fight. Unbelievable shit here.

http://www.livevideo.com/video/GenghisCon/...-sakuraba-.aspx
Don Flamenco
That was fuckin sweet.

Thanks!
AKay
awesome action packed fight!
Will
The CEO
Stuff of Legend.
Warlord
I still get chills looking at this thing. I don't understand how any human being can absorb that kind of punishment. It's Brutal. Ungodly. The ref could've stopped that thing a million times over. It's just sad that Sakuraba has had a good portion of his career shaved off because of fights like this, where he was pitted against guys twice his size.

I remember when he went an hour and a half with Royce Gracie at the Pride 2000 Grand Prix Open Weight Tournament, he came out again about 15 minutes later and fought friggin Igor Vovchanchyn to a draw, who is a fucking tank. Saku's corner stopped the fight just as it was about to go into overtime, for health concerns, but by that time Saku had already become a bonafide legend in the Pride ring for what he'd done.

I'm looking back right now, talking as if though his career is coming to a close. And in some ways, I guess it already has. Saku is 39, but he looks and moves like an old man. He looks closer to 50 than 40, and I don't think there is any coming back from that. The guy has that true samurai spirit, and he'll probably die in the ring someday. I hope though, that he'll just walk away from it all like the champion he is, and enjoy the status of being a true living legend in the sport of Mixed Martial Arts.

jp
This guys MMA HL's are pretty sick. I wasted about 3 hours of work one day watching all of them......

http://genghiscon.wordpress.com/

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.