Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No One Should Beat Klitschko For a Long Time
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
NickBarker
I've been reading a lot about who Wladimir Klitschko could fight in his next bout. I've gleaned a couple of important points from these speculations.

1) It looks like it will be very difficult for him to find a quality opponent to fight him this year because of other fighter's being already committed or scheduling difficulties with HBO.

and

2) No one in the world matches up well with Wlad.

You can take the second point to be constituted by a myriad of factors apart from Wlad's own ability, e.g., the strength of the division relative to Wlad, but the main contributor is Wladimir himself. He seems to be the only heavyweight alive right now that has the physical traits of both the big, tall, powerful puncher and the quick, jabbing technician. I can't think of another fighter who has both talents to such a degree as Wlad.

I know this may come off as something of a superfluous post because many already accept that Klitschko is the best heavyweight in the world. My issue isn't to justify that--I feel that if you don't believe that you're foolish--but more to reflect upon just how difficult it is to conceive anyone beating him for the next half decade. I think he outclasses all of the contenders right now and there aren't many prospects worth mentioning except for Povetkin, but he'll need more time. Even then, I'm not confident at all that Alexander would take him out.

I welcome comments.
imperial
If Holyfield wins a title I will bet on him to beat him and if he gives Cory Sanders another shot he will beat him imo ..
Bill The Butcher
I wouldn't bet money on Holyfield, but I would definitely root for him. That would just be awesome to see Holyfield whoop up on Klitschko. I haven't really seen Klitschko's recent fights, so I'm not really sure how he handles his chin and stamina situation. Does he try to jab and keep the distance more? Sits back and sets the pace of the fight? I will never forget about the Brewster fight. He gassed out tough in that one. And I think someone who could pressure him and gain his respect, could close the deal. Who knows, maybe the ol' man could pull it off.
falvoa
I'd like to see Peter and Klitschko do it again down the road some time, I thought Klit clearly outpointed him the first time but being down three times certainly warrants a rematch. Especially since both have been doing well lately.

Still, anyone with a punch and some skills has a shot against Klitschko, although I agree, I don't see any of those types out there (besides Peter, and Klit already has a win over him) at the moment.

aggressive.gif
JD
QUOTE(imperial @ Aug 10 2007, 01:59 PM) [snapback]353428[/snapback]
If Holyfield wins a title I will bet on him to beat him and if he gives Cory Sanders another shot he will beat him imo ..

I just don't see it, Imp.

Klitschko will utterly destroy this version of Evander. It will not even be competitive. Did you see how befuddled Holy was by Larry Donald's jab? A prime Evander had a tough time with real big dudes who had long stiff jabs, this Evander will really get beat down.

The young Evander makes Wlad crack, the 44 year old Evander is on the wrong side of a shellacking.
Jerry Springer
Stupid Wlad nuthuggery. He's got a shitty chin, and even though he's probably better than anyone in the division now, he'll eventually get beaten by someone.
Tha Docta
wlad would possibly have to face manslaughter charges if he faces old man holyfield. it would be a massacre. i think the only guys that would give wlad trouble are sam peter, tony thompson, and possibly someone like shannon briggs. sam peter having the best shot out of that bunch.
Jerry Springer
What, is he going to hug Holyfield to death?
Tha Docta
QUOTE(Jerry Springer @ Aug 10 2007, 04:39 PM) [snapback]353452[/snapback]
What, is he going to hug Holyfield to death?

im guessing a huge right hand will be the end of holyfield. holyfields only chance is to catch wladmir with a headbutt.
Maxy
Cannot see any possible way that today's Holyfield can beat Klit and the only reason Klit is going to reign as champion for a while yet is because there isn't anybody decent coming up. I don't like Wlad...I crave for him to lose but I can't see anybody out there who is going to do it at the minute.
BigG
Klitschko would stop Holyfield in 3 rouns IMO....
_iodine_
I think i read in Ring-Mag that David Haye may move up to heavyweight after his bout with Mormeck. Something to think about....
Maxy
QUOTE(_iodine_ @ Aug 10 2007, 04:24 PM) [snapback]353484[/snapback]
I think i read in Ring-Mag that David Haye may move up to heavyweight after his bout with Mormeck. Something to think about....

I like Haye and I hope he destroys Mormeck.

Yeah, he did say that after the Mormeck fight he will move up to heavy and go after the big guns, ie Klit. I just don't see him as the answer if we're looking for somebody to beat Wlad.
BigG
Didn't Hayw already have one fight at Heavyweight? He destroyed some guy in a round.
Maxy
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Aug 10 2007, 04:30 PM) [snapback]353486[/snapback]
Didn't Hayw already have one fight at Heavyweight? He destroyed some guy in a round.

Yep he beat Tomasz Bonin in the first. He weighed 217 for that fight as well....and he looked ripped. Not sure if losing the weight will have an adverse affect on his performance VS Mormeck.
Warlord
QUOTE(Jerry Springer @ Aug 10 2007, 02:19 PM) [snapback]353444[/snapback]
Stupid Wlad nuthuggery. He's got a shitty chin, and even though he's probably better than anyone in the division now, he'll eventually get beaten by someone.

Everyone eventually gets beaten by "someone."
Elijah
I agree, while he's not the greatest boxer he has vastly improved while working with Steward. His jab is much much better he doesn't use it as a pitty pat range finder anymore instead he actually tries to snap it out there and he does a decent job of throwing the right hand behind it too. Although he definitely doesn't have a chin. For the time being I think the only person that beats him is himself. He can't afford to break down mentally and I think Steward has instilled the confidence that he needs for that not to happen. I think a majority of his problems in the ring revolved around that.
_iodine_
QUOTE(Maxy @ Aug 10 2007, 05:35 PM) [snapback]353487[/snapback]
Yep he beat Tomasz Bonin in the first. He weighed 217 for that fight as well....and he looked ripped. Not sure if losing the weight will have an adverse affect on his performance VS Mormeck.

I don't think it will. He is already built as a heavyweight and probably walks around as one. Losing the weight, with a guy of that build, is probably pretty routine. It's not like a Roy Jones who put on 30 pounds of foreign muscle mass and then struggled to take it off. It's just a matter of hydration, with haye, i think. I hope.
AlterEgo
David Haye is not the answer to beating Wlad. I think Povetkin in 1 to 2 years time has the best potential to dethrone Wlad.
_iodine_
To be quite honest, I'm not concerned with seeing Wlad lose. If he keeps winning then good on him. He's a great athlete. What I want is some honest competitive excitement in the Heavyweight division. Haye will definitely bring some waves and breathe some life into a division desperately clinging to life by a thread with pay-per-views headlined by zombies. Even if he isn't the one to "dethrone" Wlad, he will be one of the top competitors. "A Live Dog." I mean the kid is fighting for the cruiserweight championship after only 20 fights, and a lot of people think he will win.
Fitz
Klitschko would abuse Holyfield hard. It would be kind of weird watching a grown man get abused and violated like that.
imperial
QUOTE(JD @ Aug 10 2007, 03:15 PM) [snapback]353443[/snapback]
I just don't see it, Imp.

Klitschko will utterly destroy this version of Evander. It will not even be competitive. Did you see how befuddled Holy was by Larry Donald's jab? A prime Evander had a tough time with real big dudes who had long stiff jabs, this Evander will really get beat down.

The young Evander makes Wlad crack, the 44 year old Evander is on the wrong side of a shellacking.

Its really more of wishful thinking but the Holy of old could have ..If he can some how manage to reserrect him it be a wonerful thing
JD
QUOTE(imperial @ Aug 10 2007, 09:53 PM) [snapback]353525[/snapback]
Its really more of wishful thinking but the Holy of old could have ..If he can some how manage to reserrect him it be a wonerful thing

It would be, but in truth, I do not want to see this fight.

I would rather see Holy win a strap...ANY strap, and call it a day.
imperial
QUOTE(JD @ Aug 10 2007, 10:10 PM) [snapback]353528[/snapback]
It would be, but in truth, I do not want to see this fight.

I would rather see Holy win a strap...ANY strap, and call it a day.

I agree win one more and ride off into the sunset but with Holy you know that will never happen
JD
QUOTE(imperial @ Aug 10 2007, 10:17 PM) [snapback]353529[/snapback]
I agree win one more and ride off into the sunset but with Holy you know that will never happen

Nah man...Evander is a man who does his thing, his way.

He wants to retire undisputed. I would like to just see him retire a beltholder, from where he was - that would be a terrific accomplishment. Holyfield was my guy, but the time has come for him to move on.[left][/left]
_iodine_
anybody suffering through friday night fights? Couple guys in the main event Holyfield could probably beat. Sad that i have to use the word "probably."
AlterEgo
QUOTE(Jerry Springer @ Aug 10 2007, 03:19 PM) [snapback]353444[/snapback]

Everyone say Hello to Decagon!
NickBarker
To all the comments about Wlad's chin: I really don't know if I would classify it as bad. He's certainly not packing a good chin and he may be a little below average, but I think it stops there. His loss to Brewster was based much more on exhaustion than his absence of a beard. Sanders beat him because he got him punch drunk with a perfect, early haymaker and Wlad didn't have the mental strength or wherewithal to recover. I haven't seen the Purity fight so I can't comment on that.

Since Steward has come on and he and Wlad have had some time to get used to one another, Wlad has improved by leaps and bounds in his weak areas. He isn't as capable of being hit, he paces himself better, and his confidence has soared. I can understand that some people don't like him, but I don't think his chin is that much worse than most of the other contenders out there.
JD
QUOTE(AlterEgo @ Aug 11 2007, 10:31 AM) [snapback]353561[/snapback]
Everyone say Hello to Decagon!

Lefthook makes a return?

What's good?
Jerry Springer
Who's Left Hook?
JD
QUOTE(Jerry Springer @ Aug 12 2007, 03:01 PM) [snapback]353821[/snapback]
Who's Left Hook?

AlterEgo.
BrutalBodyShots
Why the name change?
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Aug 12 2007, 09:57 PM) [snapback]353856[/snapback]
Why the name change?

Because he went crazy, left the board like a gay, and now apparently has come back. I wonder if it's really him, i guess i'll throw out a test.

Hey Officer AlterEgo, the Maple Leafs blow my ass.
singletrack
QUOTE(NickBarker @ Aug 10 2007, 01:58 PM) [snapback]353427[/snapback]
2) No one in the world matches up well with Wlad.

You can take the second point to be constituted by a myriad of factors apart from Wlad's own ability, e.g., the strength of the division relative to Wlad, but the main contributor is Wladimir himself. He seems to be the only heavyweight alive right now that has the physical traits of both the big, tall, powerful puncher and the quick, jabbing technician. I can't think of another fighter who has both talents to such a degree as Wlad.

I know this may come off as something of a superfluous post because many already accept that Klitschko is the best heavyweight in the world. My issue isn't to justify that--I feel that if you don't believe that you're foolish--but more to reflect upon just how difficult it is to conceive anyone beating him for the next half decade. I think he outclasses all of the contenders right now and there aren't many prospects worth mentioning except for Povetkin, but he'll need more time. Even then, I'm not confident at all that Alexander would take him out.

I welcome comments.

If Wlad has the BALLS to step in the ring with Peter again he is getting KTFO. NO QUESTION. Peter has improved immensely since his first fight with Wlad and he is hungry and an absolutely devastating puncher.
singletrack
QUOTE(Fitz @ Aug 17 2007, 10:14 AM) [snapback]354316[/snapback]
I don't understand this. Besides the punchers chance that Peter has (basically anyone has that chance with Wlad), Peter will pretty much get dominated again.
How can you drop your opponent 3 times, and still get dominated like that? He dropped him 3 damn times, and the fight still wasn't close.

I can just turn that statement around and ask, how can you dominate like that and still get dropped 3 times? Peter is a much better fighter all around now, I don't understand why you feel he will get dominated. He looked good in his first fight against Toney, and terrific in the second. Simply saying Peter has a "puncher's chance" makes him sound like a Lamon Brewster or some other washed-up, heavyweight scrub. The first time they fought it was Peter's first serious competition and the first time he went 12 rounds. I'm not saying Wlad isn't a solid fighter, he is. I just think Peter is going to end him if they ever get in the ring again.
BrutalBodyShots
I feel that Peter and Wlad have BOTH improved similar amount since facing each other so more than likely we'd see a similar fight in the rematch.

singletrack
QUOTE(Fitz @ Aug 17 2007, 11:46 AM) [snapback]354324[/snapback]
Yeah he probably has improved, but.....all I'm saying is, if you drop your opponent 3 times in a fight, you put yourself in a position to win the fight and should have a HUGE advantge on the cards to win a fight, and Peter still fell well short. He basically lost every single round he didn't score a knockdown.

I think that was a lot of inexperience, poor coaching, nerves, and stamina. I think all of those areas have improved for Peter. In any event, I honestly don't see anyway that Wlad can go the distance in the rematch. Even if he wins most of the rounds, I think Peter will hit him hard enough that he simply won't be able to get up. Wlad hit Peter multiple times with everything he had, and although it wobbled him, there didn't appear to be any chance of Sam going down. I just think Peter is too strong, and now skilled *enough*, to take Wlad down. I really hope this fight happens eventually; it will be great for the division. Nothing against Wlad, but the general public would much rather see a guy going out there to hurt his opponent rather than an intelligent boxer like Wlad.
singletrack
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Aug 17 2007, 11:53 AM) [snapback]354326[/snapback]
I feel that Peter and Wlad have BOTH improved similar amount since facing each other so more than likely we'd see a similar fight in the rematch.

True, although Peter has improved more simply based on the fact that Wlad had way more experience than him at the time. Also, the guys Wlad has fought since haven't presented ANY challenge to him at all. One thing that I know hasn't improved is his chin ; )
singletrack
QUOTE(Fitz @ Aug 10 2007, 09:02 PM) [snapback]353521[/snapback]
Klitschko would abuse Holyfield hard. It would be kind of weird watching a grown man get abused and violated like that.

Yah, that would be terrifying honestly. I think Wlad might kill Holyfield.
Jayhawkman
QUOTE(falvoa @ Aug 10 2007, 02:11 PM) [snapback]353441[/snapback]
I'd like to see Peter and Klitschko do it again down the road some time, I thought Klit clearly outpointed him the first time but being down three times certainly warrants a rematch. Especially since both have been doing well lately.

Still, anyone with a punch and some skills has a shot against Klitschko, although I agree, I don't see any of those types out there (besides Peter, and Klit already has a win over him) at the moment.

aggressive.gif

I agree. I would love to see that rematch. I think both fighters have improved since they first met. As for who I think would win... it's a toss up, and I think each of them have a good chance to win.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Jayhawkman @ Aug 17 2007, 10:53 PM) [snapback]354382[/snapback]
I agree. I would love to see that rematch. I think both fighters have improved since they first met. As for who I think would win... it's a toss up, and I think each of them have a good chance to win.

A toss up? Wlad would be a heavy favorite against Peter II.

Kijis Konar
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Aug 18 2007, 06:12 AM) [snapback]354397[/snapback]
A toss up? Wlad would be a heavy favorite against Peter II.

Yeah... but I feel Peter has improved as well. I will be rooting for Sam.
Kijis Konar
In fact, this is the reason I would root for Sam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptNAlNEB7Kw
Jayhawkman
QUOTE(Kijis Konar @ Aug 18 2007, 10:48 PM) [snapback]354464[/snapback]
Yeah... but I feel Peter has improved as well. I will be rooting for Sam.

Yes indeed, that is why I said it will be a toss up.
Kijis Konar
QUOTE(Jayhawkman @ Aug 19 2007, 07:10 PM) [snapback]354563[/snapback]
Yes indeed, that is why I said it will be a toss up.

Peter should work Wlad's body like a possessed man. Anything to lower Wlad's guard and tire him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.