Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Witter-Harris: Preview and Predictions (Sept 7th in UK)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Maxy
With all the big fights set for the remainder of this year it seems that this fight has been overlooked. Ok, it's certainly not on the same level as Cotto-Mosley or Mayweather-Hatton but its a good fight, a good match-up and a difficult bout to pick a winner...for me at least.

Witter desperately craves a fight with Hatton but in Harris he faces a live opponent who might possibly be the betting favourite. I'm just wondering if anyone of you are interested in this fight?
salvador
I'm very interested in this fight but I don't think it's being shown here in the US. I think Harris is a top talent and an exciting guy to watch and I've heard a lot about Witter, but I don't think I've ever seen him fight. The 140 pound weight class is a really solid division right now and the winnner of this fight would have so many options for a big fight (Holt, Malanaggi, Torres).

It's always amazing to me that we don't get important fights from Europe (most recently, Miranda-Abraham). It makes me a bit crazy because you know for damn sure that the fighters and their promoters want to be seen here, even if it's on tape delay, and yet that Friday we'll probably get to watch some nobodies on ESPN. And as a consequence, the winner of Harris-Witter won't get the exposure he needs to really hype up a fight with the winner of Torres-Holt or Malignaggi. It doesn't make any sense.

AlterEgo
No way, Witter is just a heavier version of Smoke Gainer. There are far more interesting ways to spend your time than watch Witter run around the ring.
hardhead
I definitely have my eye on this fight as it's two of the top 140 pounders going at it, I don't know who to pick, I think it's a pretty even fight.
Mean Mister Mustard
I think it will depend on who gets gassed first and I'm thinking it will be Harris who gets tired first. Witter will come in, elusive as always, Harris will miss and by the end he'll either get caught or outworked with sharper punches. Pretty simple view on the fight.

Now, if Witter wins and Hatton does not give him a title shot then The Ring should start lambasting him.
falvoa
Yeah, I like the fight, they are two top contenders, although they both are types who can produce dull fights (although Harris can be very exciting even at his own expense). Also, the fact that Im having trouble picking a winner makes the bout interesting too. Harris is stronger, but Witter is so akward, and he has been doing surprisingly well the last couple of years. I never thought I'd see Witter as a serious contender after he clowned his way through a Zab Judah loss in 2000 (it was funny as hell though).

Will it be televised in America???

aggressive.gif
NickBarker
I agree. I believe that the winner of this fight is alongside Paulie Malignaggi and the Torres/Holt winner as the elite challengers in this division.
Maxy
I have no idea if its going to be shown in America...it should be, even if its delayed coverage. It's a real 50/50 fight. Both fighters HAVE to win otherwise they are pretty much finished, and that, along with the fact that it genuinely is a quality match-up, makes it all the more interesting to me.

QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Aug 11 2007, 10:45 AM) [snapback]353571[/snapback]
Now, if Witter wins and Hatton does not give him a title shot then The Ring should start lambasting him.

I can't see Hatton fighting Witter ever. It's a fight that should have happened 3 years + ago but Witter blew his chance by looking shit in a bout set out to make him a viable opponent. I've always felt Witter, stylistically, would be a nightmare for Hatton and I do believe his (Hattons) people kept him away from Junior. Now, if they were to fight, I'd pick Hatton but it wouldn't add to his credibility anywhere apart from with a few hardcore fans...most of them being this side of the pond.
AussieLad
So what happens to hattons 140 title, when he faces mayweather at 147? Does it become vacant?

Southeastpaw
I have only seen Witter once, and that was in his fight with Judah. He looked alright in that fight. Seems skilled, just did not look hungry in that bout. But from what I have heard from the guys abroad, Witter has gotten much better since that fight. It will be an interesting bout I'm sure and am surprised to hear that Harris would be a betting favorite. Witter seems to be the goods and also seems to be the victim of a duck from "Holdem" Hatton.
blackbelt2003
I think the fight will go one of three ways:

1/ Witter comes out and takes him out early. He's always dangerous in the opening few rounds.

2/ Harris weathers the early storm and comes back to stop Witter late.

3/ Harris weathers the early storm, comes on hard down the stretch, but Witter gets a close decision.

Black
falvoa
QUOTE(blackbelt2003 @ Aug 13 2007, 04:27 AM) [snapback]353870[/snapback]
I think the fight will go one of three ways:

1/ Witter comes out and takes him out early. He's always dangerous in the opening few rounds.

2/ Harris weathers the early storm and comes back to stop Witter late.

3/ Harris weathers the early storm, comes on hard down the stretch, but Witter gets a close decision.
Black

Yeah, true, I'm leaning towards #3 being the most likely outcome

aggressive.gif
Jack 1000
I am going to pin this topic. This is a good fight worthy of discussion and I believe it could generate better action than a lot of people realize. My pick is Witter by UD after some anxious moments.

Is this bout going to be shown in the USA? If not, why not? You would think this is a fight that Showtime would pick up.

Jack
_iodine_
I like Harris but i'm taking Witter by UD.
MarzB
If this fight isn't going to be shown in the states how can you watch it on STREAM TV??
gods son
SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

wow witter wins KNOCK OUT...round 7 i think..im bit drunk..witter keeps confusing harris..and knocks his azz out...

GREAT PERFORMANCE BY WITTER!!!
blackbelt2003
LOL, you in Britain then Bam?

Superb performance from Witter. He was aggressive, purposeful and accurate throughout. Harris looked like he didn't want to know when knocked down in the 4th, Witter let him off the hook and then properly KO'd him in the 7th. It was a KO of the year type.

Harris gets spun around on the ropes, turns and comes bulling forward and walks straight into a southpaw left hook that dumps him on the canvas for the count. He looked befuddled and confused and hurt all the way through the fight.

Black
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.