Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tua-Montana round by round anyone???
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
thehype
Anyone interested?
thehype
PREFIGHT
Montana enters first. He looks a little soft, but ready to go to work. Tua enters next looking slim and trim with a focused and determined look on his face. Former middleweight champion Gene Fulmer is in attendance.
Kijis Konar
Are we talking about Saul Montana?
thehype
ROUND 1
Tua comes out and fires a few jabs. Montana fires some rights and lefts, but Tua slips the punches. Now Montana lands a left and a right downstairs. Tua fairly inactive at this point. Montana switches to southpaw. Tua puts his head down and fires a 1-2 to the body. Montana lands a left. Now Tua lands a big left hook, but Montana lands one of his own. Uppercut lands for Montana. Montana lands a left down the pipe and a sloppy right hand to the back of Tua's head. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....two HUGE left hook from Tua floors Montana...the first one landed solid and the second one landed as he was falling to the canvas. He's laid out....7, 8, 9, 10...that's it. Two HUGE left hooks end it early at 2:59 of round one.

Tua KO1
gods son
wwooohooo KO 1st round, TUA!!!
gods son
i swear Tua hits harder than Tyson..

like to see Tua vs Povtkin!!
thehype
POSTFIGHT
"This is not a comeback fight, it's a continuation of my tour of duty," stated Tua. Cedrick Kushner says that it will be important for Tua to stay active and his next fight will be September 7th. "David will fight for the world championship in the next six months!"
CyruS
Tua ain't doing shit. Tua had a spark when he started but now he's just garbage.
Kijis Konar
Holyfield-Tua!!!
doomeddisciple
QUOTE(CyruS @ Aug 18 2007, 10:35 PM) [snapback]354458[/snapback]
Tua ain't doing shit. Tua had a spark when he started but now he's just garbage.

And against the rest of a dull division? He's no more convincing or less convincing than anyone else - Klistchko has been on the canvass more times than Picasso and he's number 1 - I've still only seen Tua dropped by and after the bell right hand from Rahman that more knocked him off balance.

Plus consider his conditioning for this fight -

If he continues in this direction - He's top ten and in striking distance of a belt.

Of course he may just as likely eat himself out of contention again and you'd be right - But he looks like he's giving it a real shake up this time round.
CyruS
You make valid points but I refuse to give Tua the benefit of the doubt like Zab Judah. He's going to be eating double cheeseburgers in no time.
basicjab
QUOTE(CyruS @ Aug 19 2007, 07:07 AM) [snapback]354479[/snapback]
You make valid points but I refuse to give Tua the benefit of the doubt like Zab Judah. He's going to be eating double cheeseburgers in no time.

Tua is similar to Golota, good, capable, and should have won a title but always fucks up when it's their time to shine. At least Judah performed sometimes when he needed to shine, the likes of TUa and Golota will always fuck up when given the chance. I guess Tua is a little better than Golota, I have never seen a guy given so many chances and fuck it up as much as Golota.
gods son
All tua has is that power punch, which is goddamn valuable!!
But his head moevment is gone..
if he wants to beat a top contender , he has to go in for the kill straight away!!

STEVENSKI
Tua vs Ruiz II anyone?
BrutalBodyShots
Good at least to see that Tua as slimmed down a bit. It would seem that he's taking his training seriously anyway.

Tha Docta
QUOTE(CyruS @ Aug 18 2007, 11:35 PM) [snapback]354458[/snapback]

i agree with this 100%
Kijis Konar
Tua was badly exposed by Lennox Lewis, and that took his confidence away.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(Kijis Konar @ Aug 19 2007, 11:29 PM) [snapback]354594[/snapback]
Tua was badly exposed by Lennox Lewis, and that took his confidence away.

Tua started that fight off real well, I thought for sure he was going to KO Lewis that night. Then he just stopped trying and basically let Lennox give him a boxing lesson. You are right though, Tua never seemed the same after that fight. He had the power, the chin, and stamina, he easily should have been champ. As far as I am concerned, he is the biggest waste of talent in the heavyweight division there has been in a while.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Aug 20 2007, 02:26 PM) [snapback]354647[/snapback]
As far as I am concerned, he is the biggest waste of talent in the heavyweight division there has been in a while.

I think that may be a little bit unfair. Tua, while a very entertaining fighter, has always been somewhat limited. Granted, he was VERY deadly back in the days when he weighed in @ ~ 225lbs but even then he wasn't exactly out boxing people. Tua is what he has always been, a guy with a tremendous left hook - and nothing else...
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Aug 21 2007, 02:55 PM) [snapback]354716[/snapback]
I think that may be a little bit unfair. Tua, while a very entertaining fighter, has always been somewhat limited. Granted, he was VERY deadly back in the days when he weighed in @ ~ 225lbs but even then he wasn't exactly out boxing people. Tua is what he has always been, a guy with a tremendous left hook - and nothing else...

I agree with this post here. I don't consider Tua a waste of talent at all when compared to fellow generational heavyweights like Golota, Kirk Johnson, Ibeabuchi, etc.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Aug 21 2007, 04:14 PM) [snapback]354726[/snapback]
I agree with this post here. I don't consider Tua a waste of talent at all when compared to fellow generational heavyweights like Golota, Kirk Johnson, Ibeabuchi, etc.

Ibeabuchi, now THERE is a waste of talent. What could have been...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Aug 21 2007, 05:14 PM) [snapback]354726[/snapback]

I have my reasons for Tua being the biggest waste of talent in the heavyweights, and of course this is just my opinion. I believed he was the next coming of Tyson, I thought no one would beat him for a long time. I personally met him after his fight on the Holyfield-Mercer undercard, and I was impressed with his performance and was very impressed with his personality as I chatted with him. As I continued to watch him fight on tv I was sure he was a lock for the title someday, especially after seeing him totally obliterate John Ruiz! I just thought with all his physical tools, he was a can't miss superstar. There sure was a lot of dissappointing heavyweights like Golota, Johnson, Ike and many others too. I guess to me personally, he is the one who let me down the most. Anyway, hopefully maybe he can make some noise in this pathetic division.
Don Flamenco
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LQbK2zM8VEo]

Ouch
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(Don Flamenco @ Aug 21 2007, 05:46 PM) [snapback]354731[/snapback]

Thanks. That was quite enjoyable to watch.
_iodine_
i still love watching Tua knock people out. He can still compete. He just needs more movement.
BrutalBodyShots
Damn nice knockout. I didn't even see that it was 2 left hooks until I watched the replay.
Tha Docta
tua is finished. and that guy that he knocked out in that video stopped by my house last week to fix my refrigerator.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.