Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Couture/Gonzaga
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
Bill The Butcher
Anyone ordering the UFC fight this weekend?

I got to go with Couture in this one. I can't count him out. I'm not jumping on Gonzaga's band wagon yet. I know he is a brute. He knocked out Mirko Cro Cop with a high kick and I heard he is an excellent brasilian jujitsu fighter, but I don't think he has been truly tested yet. Can he go five rounds with one of the best wrestlers in the UFC? I'm saying, no. I think Gonzaga will get tired. If Couture can make it into the third round and take Gonzaga to the deep waters. Get a couple of good takedowns, and get Gonzaga on his back. I think Couture wins this by UD. Possibily a late round stoppage.

Also, I'm rooting for George St. Pierre. That Josh guy (Don't know how to spell his last name. Koscheck?) he is a good wrestler, explosive and has power, but I think St. Pierre is going to take him out.

Who do you think is going to win?

ElectricTwinkie
I'm with you. As old as Cocture is you can't count him out, he's full of surpises.

That being said, if he does lose, I think he should retire (again)

And frankly I'm tired of hearing about Koscheck. I put him in with Rashad Evans and a few others from the TUF show. All hype. Show me a decisve win from any of those bunch and then I'll pay attention. GSP is going to show him the old Canadian Stinkeye!
Southeastpaw
Gonzaga. Unless CroCop was completely off his game that night, Gonzaga is the goods and dominated what there was of that fight till the high kick. Gonzaga's only loss came from Fabricio Werdum who is awesome on the ground. Werdum is the goods as well. He had that boring fight with Arlovski on the same card Gonzaga KOed CroCop. He lost, but it was close. Gonzaga looks to have a nice all round game, great power and size.
imperial
Coture ..Gonzga is a beast but expereince will prevail in this one..
Southeastpaw
I am ordering this Bill. I am looking forward to GSP's comeback fight as well. I hope his loss to Serra didn't screw up his mentality. He is one of my favs. And Josh ain't no push-over for sure. But I am stoked about the Gonzaga fight. I believe we have a new big dawg on our hands here.
imperial
Who between GSP and Koshack by the way ?????????????????
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.