Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lennox says a rematch with Vitali "may be possible!"
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
_iodine_
On Friday Night Fights just a second ago, Chess-Boxing was introduced to the world. Lennox is an enthusiast of the sport and he stated on nationwide Television that it is possible that he would take Vitali on in a Chess-Boxing match. Am I sleeping? HAHA
Jack 1000
What exactly is "Chess Boxing?"

Jack
Lil-lightsout
It's only a matter of time before we see him in the ring again. These damn rumors keep popping up every couple of months of him fighting again. Even right now he is atleast top 3 in the world at heavyweight.
BrutalBodyShots
What the hell is Chess Boxing?

Do you get like a few hours to think about the next punch you're going to throw or something?

Snoop
I think it's literally playing chess and boxing at the same time. LOL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess_boxing

rusty_trombone
Maybe Lennox should wait until all of his hair is gray before he comes back. Then maybe he can fight the ghost of Joe Louis.
BrutalBodyShots
So you play chess for a few minutes then box for a few minutes... why someone came up with that is beyond me!

Southeastpaw
So, if Lennox can get Vitali outta there in a couple moves on the chess board, all he has to do is play defense in the ring and he will win yet again. Could get complicating. Check Mate Bitch!
_iodine_
the sport was developed by some swedish guy and there are already actual matches going on. but yeah, they box for a couple minutes then play speed chess for a couple minutes for 11 rounds. you can either win by check-mate or ko as far as i understand, or points if it goes 11. very strange concept. But i'm not lying about Lennox. He was on ESPN2 talking about it. the words "a match with Vitali is very possible," came out of his mouth. He also said "I would be the victor, of course."
Maxy
QUOTE(_iodine_ @ Aug 25 2007, 03:48 PM) [snapback]355029[/snapback]
the sport was developed by some swedish guy and there are already actual matches going on. but yeah, they box for a couple minutes then play speed chess for a couple minutes for 11 rounds. you can either win by check-mate or ko as far as i understand, or points if it goes 11. very strange concept. But i'm not lying about Lennox. He was on ESPN2 talking about it. the words "a match with Vitali is very possible," came out of his mouth. He also said "I would be the victor, of course."

I don't doubt that he said it but as far as I'm concerned there is absolutely no way Lewis will ever come back. He's retired and he'll stay retired.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(Maxy @ Aug 25 2007, 04:53 PM) [snapback]355030[/snapback]
I don't doubt that he said it but as far as I'm concerned there is absolutely no way Lewis will ever come back. He's retired and he'll stay retired.

But my boy sure does fancy a good game of chess. So you never know. lol
kdh
Wu-Tang!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess_boxing
Jerry Springer
I remember a match like this happening in Bulgaria or something. It's not going to happen between Lewis and Klitschko.
STEVENSKI
I have seen chess/boxing. It is so funny they cane the shit out of someone & then have to play chess between rounds. What is funny is how when they get tired they make mistakes in chess.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Maxy @ Aug 25 2007, 03:53 PM) [snapback]355030[/snapback]

You always hear these rumors....then the only thing you hear directly out of Lewis's mouth is..."I'm staying retired, I'll never come back".

I totally agree....I don't thik he will ever come back.

There is ZERO reason to.

His legacy is sealed, do you know what a awful blotch it would put on his career to come back only to lose to the likes of any of the top 10???

boxer777
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0199813/

^^^
Chess Boxing
torvix2000
Well, I was about to post a new thread and this one beat me.

My new thread would have gone like this: "WHEN WILL LENNOX TALK ABOUT KLITZ AGAIN?".

See, the guy's obsessed with the klitz family.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.