Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's next for Hopkins?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Fitz
Logically, it seems as though that a Calazghe fight (if he wins) would gain some interest and I am sure some talk after RJJ/Trinidad will happen once again. But realistically, I think those fights are just too far away for Hopkins to be waiting around. If any of those fights are made, Bernard is looking at close to a year out of action and at this age I think it's probably too long for him and I think if he wants to continue fighting, he shouldn't keep out of the ring for too long.
What do you think will be next on the agenda for Hopkins? I would like him to take a fight soon, but personally I see him hanging around for the other fights that I just mention. I don't think it's a great idea though.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Fitz @ Aug 27 2007, 09:44 PM) [snapback]355299[/snapback]
Logically, it seems as though that a Calazghe fight (if he wins) would gain some interest and I am sure some talk after RJJ/Trinidad will happen once again. But realistically, I think those fights are just too far away for Hopkins to be waiting around. If any of those fights are made, Bernard is looking at close to a year out of action and at this age I think it's probably too long for him and I think if he wants to continue fighting, he shouldn't keep out of the ring for too long.
What do you think will be next on the agenda for Hopkins? I would like him to take a fight soon, but personally I see him hanging around for the other fights that I just mention. I don't think it's a great idea though.

Chances are from here on out Hopkins will only take BIG fights, same way guys like DLH, Trinidad etc (past it greats) will only take BIG fights. That said, if there are no big fights to take it means that he will more or less have to sit idle. I think we won't see Hopkins again in the ring until the Spring or so, and like you said at his age that isn't a good thing.

BigG
RJJ if he beats Tito...to avenge the only CLEAR defeated in his career.

After that...RETIRE.
Maxy
Like you've all said, it would be detrimental for Hopkins to hang around waiting for big fights at this stage in his life. I think he should either retire now or wait for Jones. Sitting idle is a bad idea though.

So basically I believe he should just retire now.
Blayde
I cant imagine Hopkins facing Kessler and I also dont believe Hopkins wants anything from Calzaghe. I mean he calls him out while Calzaghe is preparing for a 50/50 fight and B-Hops wants to do it at Yankee Stadium laugh.gif

Hopkins-Jones II seems pretty probable to me. Although Jones isnt on HBO anymore. But I just dont see another opponent for Hopkins.
Tha Docta
hops has to stay away from young, busy fighters. he just cant match the punch output anymore. kessler and calzaghe would beat him. his best chance is to fight roy, but even this faded version of roy should be able to beat bernard.
Method

Could be right, but Winky's output was supposed to beat Hopkins, and he was rendered useless. I think people undersestimate Hopkins ability to take opponents' bullets. We'll see.
X3_Bazooka_X3
I think Hopkins will fight the winner of Trinidad Jones, their fight is at 170 of which Hopkins has been fighting there lately so I do feel that if Jones wins we will see their rematch if Tito wins who knows what Hopkins is going to do is there any interest in a Hopkins Tito rematch? if so its not much
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.