Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Holyfield vs Ibragimov
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
X3_Bazooka_X3
Holyfield has looked great in his last four fights against limited opposition, Ibragimov is limited opposition IMO, he is the weakest of the four champions out there, does this fight have the potential to bring back some spark to the divison? does it have Fight of the year written all over it, or is this going to be a total dud in the sport, will both men bore us to tears, its hard to imagine Holyfield would do that in this fight, I think Evander knows that its do or die for him at this stage of his career I expect the man to be up for this fight and give everything he has until the fight is over.
I havent seen Ibragimov fight much, what I have seen I am not so impressed with, I mean it took this man 11 rounds to get rid of Zuri Lawrence who is known for having a glass chin, I think Holyfield has a good shot at winning this title though its meaningless to the mainstream it could set up a unification bout against one of the other belt holders.
BrutalBodyShots
Potential fight of the year? Not a chance. Decent scrap against decent guys? Sure.

Rabbit Punch2
As much as I want Evander to just STOP, i think if he must fight for a belt it should be the one that the slow plodding Maskaev has.
X3_Bazooka_X3
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Aug 28 2007, 05:03 PM) [snapback]355443[/snapback]
Potential fight of the year? Not a chance. Decent scrap against decent guys? Sure.

Maybe not exactly FOTY in the entire sport of boxing, but perhaps FOTY in the HW divison.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(X3_Bazooka_X3 @ Aug 29 2007, 10:59 AM) [snapback]355505[/snapback]
Maybe not exactly FOTY in the entire sport of boxing, but perhaps FOTY in the HW divison.

Hmm. What would be the FOTY in the heavyweight division so far? Rahman-Sykes? Sure, I'd say this one has a chance of topping that gem.
X3_Bazooka_X3
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Aug 29 2007, 09:55 AM) [snapback]355523[/snapback]
Hmm. What would be the FOTY in the heavyweight division so far? Rahman-Sykes? Sure, I'd say this one has a chance of topping that gem.

I have no idea when the last time was that I saw a HW fight that was anything close to FOTY, oh wait I forgot a couple weeks ago on ESPN Classic Foreman Lyle laugh.gif
Jerry Springer
There's an outside chance that Holyfield will get off the deck twice to score a miracle stoppage at 2:44 of the final round, but that can happen in any fight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.